Who are they? The Who who, who who

Discussion in 'CSI Music' started by Dynamo1, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The Who launch own Sirius radio channel
    Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:39 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The Who recently pulled the plug on live Web casts of their concerts, because singer Roger Daltrey was less than enthused about the concept, but the band is now back on the air thanks to a deal with Sirus Satellite Radio.

The parties announced on Thursday the launch of the Who Channel, which will debut September 21 and run for a limited, undisclosed period of time.

It will feature nightly broadcasts of show's from the Who's just-launched North American tour, plus backstage reports from guitarist Pete Townshend's singer/songwriter girlfriend, Rachel Fuller. In addition, the channel will dip into the Who archives to air previously unreleased live shows and interviews.

"This is the most exciting thing I can imagine ... our own radio channel, straight to our fans," Townshend was quoted as saying in a statement issued by Sirius. "I'm completely revved about this."

Reuters/Billboard

2. Nim

Nim Pathologist

OMG, really? :eek:

I started loving The Who thanks to CSI, I'd love to hear the radio channel!!! :)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Anyone realize Roger Daltrey's also done some acting along the way? He was funny, had a recurring role in Highlander as Hugh Fitzcairn. Even after he got whacked, he was back quite a few times in flashbacks.

4. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

me too :)

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

He's done quite a bit of other stuff, including the lead in Ken Russell's "Lisztomania". All I can say it, that flick will forever warp your attitude toward classical music... :lol:

I'm a Who fan from "back in the day" - I was in junior high when I heard "I Can See For Miles" (1968 I think) and I was hooked. My all time fave song of theirs, though, has to be "The Real Me" from "Quadrophenia".

6. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

They were one of my first favourite bands. I've been in love with them since grade 1, probably. By grade 7 I was amazed when no one had heard of them.

Seeing them in two weeks XD

7. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

I first got into The Who from CSI and bought all their major CD's and downloaded them onto my I-River. "I cant explain" is probably my favourite song or "You better you bet". Luckily my Dad managed to get tickets to see them when they played here in Liverpool in August and they were amazing the "big tent" where we hold conerts was throbbing, "Who are you" and "Baba O'Reilly" seemed to get the biggest cheers and hollers from the crowd. It was an unbelievable night and everytime i think of them i just go 'WOW' i saw them, it was a once in a lifetime.

8. Dynamo1

The Who Ends Concert During First Song
    Mar 14, 10:05 AM (ET)

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Fans of The Who left a Tampa amphitheater disappointed after lead singer Roger Daltrey walked off the stage during the band's first song.

Several minutes after Daltrey's departure, guitarist Pete Townshend announced that Tuesday night's show had been canceled. He told the crowd that Daltrey had bronchitis.

"I just talked to Roger and he can barely speak," Townshend said. "I tried to get him to come out here, but he's really, really sick."

The 9,000 people at the show cheered when Townshend told them the concert would be rescheduled for March 25.

9. Dynamo1

Happy birthday today to Roger Daltrey of The Who. Besides recording the songs that became all three CSI theme songs, he appeared in the season 7 original CSI episode "Living Legend" as Mickey Dunn.

10. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

Has anyone seen Roger Daltry in the film Tommy,

11. Dynamo1

I saw it years ago and then a few weeks ago on the Turner Classic Movies cable channel. The other members of The Who (Pete Townshend, Keith Moon, and John Entwistle) also appeared in it, as well as Elton John, Tina Turner, Eric Clapton and others. Ann Margret was always one of my favorites (sorry, Emily Procter). Check out the news about The Who that Destiny just posted in "The Who" Honored.

12. clarissasparrow

clarissasparrow Victim

I really like The Who they always have been on the CSI shows

13. Dynamo1

> > > VCR / Tivo Alert < < <

This Sunday, December 21, the A&E cable channel will have an episode of their Biography series about The Who. It is a one-hour show and is scheduled for 4:00 AM Eastern time. As usual, check local listings for time and channel in your area.

14. CsiFreak-

CsiFreak- Victim

I didn't start listening to The Who until I started watching CSI. 'Baba O' Rilely' is my all time favorite out of the three songs, 'Who Are You' is pretty good too, but not as good as the other too.;)

15. Dynamo1

Happy Birthday today, May 19, to Pete Townshend of The Who.