Which Character Can You Live WITHOUT?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Jan 1, 2006.

1. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

cath aint a bad mother

2. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Who would I like to get rid of in a jiffy? Why, Sara and Sophia (or Sofia... or whatever) of course.

Grissom is the one who gives CSI:LV its peculiar 'flavour'. For me, without Grissom, Catherine and Brass, I'd stop watching the show.

Ecklie needs to stay. He's the bad guy that you love to hate, so he's useful.

Nick and Warwick wouldn't mind keeping either because their interaction is really enjoyable.

Greg of the pre-CSI days, I would have voted practically indispensable. Since the start of Season 6, he's been hardly visible. He has lost so much of his lustre, the show has already lost him.

3. gregsandersluver

i can definately live without ecklie and hodges

4. Funtain

Funtain Hit and Run

What about Tina? I mean, she doesn't seem to me like she'll be there for long, but I definately place her lower than Sofia ( I can't seem to figure it out- is it Sofia, or Sophia?). I might have said that already, but I seem to have no memory whatsoever. All these characters seem crucial to the cast, even Ecklie. I know that for now Tina has a purpose ( which seems to me like it will be breaking Warrick's heart, but whatevo), but...expendable character! Gah! :mad:

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with you, funtain about Tina. She will break Warrick's heart because her ex'boyfriend still working with her. She may still in love with him, not Warrick. She probably using Warrick to make her ex-boyfriend's jealous.

Sofia, I just can't get into her. Something about her, I don't know. I guess she was Ecklie's left arm woman or something. I don't hate her but just don't like her. I'm sorry Sofia's fan, I hope I don't offend you all.

6. gregsandersluver

i dont know bout tina warricks wife as i live in the UK and series 6 aint started over here yet

7. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Have you seen 'Weeping Willows'?
    "Are you going out again?"

8. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

ITA about Tina. She seems to exist mainly as a source of irritation right now, and it doesn't really add anything meaningful to the storylines. TPTB ought to either take her addition to the cast somewhere worthwhile or wrap up her "story arc" with all due haste...

--Robin

9. justCSI

justCSI Police Officer

Greg, Ecklie.

10. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

ITA with all of you about Tina why is she even there JUST to break Warricks heart and add tension to YoBling?? it makes no sense to me if ANY of them should go it should be her

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I voted against Ecklie as he reminds me of a snake! I cannot stand Hodges, he's so ewww!

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I have to defend Hodges: I really, really love how Wallace plays that character. Unlike Ecklie who makes Satan look like one of Bo Peep's flock, Hodges is a bit of a mouth-breathing ankle-biter. Because he holds no power, he's just fun to hate.

As for Ecklie - he may be a mean character, but he is vital to the show - we need a villain within CSI to keep show arcs alive.

In terms of "live without" I agree that certain characters (Sofia, Tina) are easy to pick on, but isn't that the point of this? This is about whose departure would have no impact on the show. Look at Mia - she was prominantly featured in Season 5 and while she was a nice character, her leaving didn't do anything.

13. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Okay, the six investigators (Grissom, Sara, Greg, Warrick, Catherine, and Nick) are indespensable.

That being said-
    Hodges: Far too funny. Indespensable.
    Brass: There's a reason I call him Brassballs. We can't have Catherine being the only one to deiver snappy replies.
    Ecklie: We've got to have someone to hate consistently. I never thought I'd say this, but Ecklie stays.
    Sofia: Yah. Sofia? No. I've never liked you. My apologies, but you just don't work for me. Your unfathomable accent, your mannish lurch, your constant flirting or fighting or confiding in someone, your insistence on popping up at random intervals for a minute or less, I just.... goodbye.
    Other: Well, nobody else I can think of to hate or love, so... yeah, Sofia's the one. Sorry.

14. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

1. Sara, her character is annoying and lacks any self respect. She is a train-wreck waiting to happen.

2. Greg, now that he's a full CSI I find that he gets on my nerves. I liked him in small doses when he was in the lab.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Whoever said Warrick is CRAZY! That man is FINE! But not as fine as Danny Messer :)