Which Character Can You Live WITHOUT?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Jan 1, 2006.

1. grissomsgirl256

grissomsgirl256 Rookie

i could live without Hodges, but, it wouldn't be as funny without him. i could DEFINANTLY live without Ecklie.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

that ep with hodges cracks me up, u know the one with he;s talking to griss and he says 'if u ever need to talk, there a pyschologist on tuesday' or something along thoses lines. Ah jest jest.

3. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Grissom. Sorry, but Gum Drops is a testament to the fact that the show can do (more than) just fine without him. I like him, but I find him the least interesting of the core cast. He kinda just floats around and occasionally points out something everyone else missed. He only ever really interests me when he has scenes with Lady Heather.

Okay, flaming can commence. :lol:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . . .

only joking, everyones entitled to their own opinion . .
    but ur wrong!!!!
    (jest,jest before moderator kicks me for being mean)

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

If I kicked you for anything, it'd be for saying Nick could go! :eek:

That's just crazy talk!

Good thing I'm not the Mod in this forum, huh? :lol:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

dont get me wrong, i like nick hes just so unfortunate u know:
    getting pushed out windows
    held at gun point
    kindnapped, (i feel like i sound like the lemur king from madgascar ' please feel free to bask in my glow!' i luv it)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I think both Ecklie and Hodges have to stay to keep the workplace drama going. That was what I meant to convey in my original post. I dislike them --but I'm supposed to dislike them: they're written as unsympathetic characters. And they are extremely well-written unsympathetic characters. I'd hate to see them go.

I'll break it down a bit further:--

Warrick is someone I could see myself hanging out with. He's cool. He's worked through his personal demons to succeed. Local boy done good. I dig him. Doc Robbins cracks me up. He's hilarious--and I think that one would HAVE to be, being in his line of work. Sarah's a basket case, but a trooper--she's fought her way through her personal demons, and--like Warrick--she's had a slew of them. Catherine... eh. She's irritating, but she brings a maternal element to the show it would otherwise lack-- and aside from Ecklie, she is THE people-person. Gil's the anchor to which they're all attached. Take him away, might as well wrap it up. Greg.. he's a putz, but he means werll... he's the goofy kid who, if you could keep him serious for 5 minutes, would be brilliant. He's a great underachiever.

Nick's just there. ...as far as what he's ever done to me? Nothing. --and that's the problem. I've no emotional attachment to him as a character at all. His personality is as bland as tapioca. The ONLY reason I can think of him being there is for the women who dig the goodytwoshoes jock type: he's eye-candy for them; nothing more.

He's had to be puched out of windows, held at gunpoint, and kidnapped just to justify his existence. He's the whipping boy. They have to create on-screen theatrics for him because his base character is quite boring.

Personally, I'd feel a lot more involved if it were Greg who were kidnapped, Warrick being pushed out a window, or Gil at gunpoint, but hey, that's me.

8. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I AGREE with you completely although for me he interests me when he's with Catherine other then that I could do without him
    as for Cath she just bugs me I dont know (and please dont shoot me Cath fans) but I feel like she gets away with ALOT
    Yet Sara Haters generally Hate Sara cause she's whiny (which I can sometimes take offense to because I'm like Sara personality wise) *shrugs*

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In reference to the person above who bashed Nick-who is about to be clicked on by me. This only confirms why these kind of threads bug me.

All this thread does is serve as a vehicle to bash characters..which I don't think is appropriate. I could say alot about some characters on the show because they do nothing for me as well, but I'm not going to go there because that's JUST MY opinion. I don't like all the characters on CSI, but so what..that's not important..it's what they add to the show that is important.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i would hae to say Hodges. Man he bugs me and gets on my nerves.

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Look, this is just a place to vent. We're really not allowed to do it in the other threads. I personally think I have a right to voice my dislike of something or someone on the show, and discuss why I think he, she or it doesn't work for me. It's just another form of conversation as long as it stays rational and doesn't go over the deep end.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Venting is one thing, character bashing is another. I may not like a character and say why, but I'm not going to insult their characteristics or their personality.

13. geekloverulesGSR

geekloverulesGSR Police Officer

I could MOST defiantly live without SOPHIA. She bother me SO much. I even say her name with loathing, almost like a scowl: SOPHIA *shudder*

Sorry to correct, but you said 3-2-3 and IT BOTHERS ME. *coma* I'm a horrible, bad perfectionist. I can't help it :(

14. Committed2Wolfe

Committed2Wolfe Lab Technician

Ecklie and Catherine and sometimes Hodges

15. CSIWanabe

CSIWanabe Rookie

George Eads ( Nick Stockes :devil:), Ecklie :devil:,Sofia :devil:, and Hodges :devil: