Where you from?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by csi_fan18, Dec 23, 2005.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I'm guessing 'WI' is Wisconsin? Yeah?

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Ideed June. :) I'm fron Sheboygan WI, which is about 5 minutes form SpeedleCSIMiami, which explains why we hang out all the time! :p

Sheboygan is also famous for Brats mand hostig the PGA tour twice in the past 5 years....no more golf!!

3. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

Why is that Wisconsin seems so boring?? Maybe it's all of us citizens that don't do much. :lol:

4. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

In all seriousness, though, I miss WI a lot. Where I live in Florida (the Panhandle) is not always the greatest either. Whenever I get the chance to take some leave, I am on a plane back to the land of cheese and brats (oh, and the Packers of course!) It's nice to see there are a bunch of us on here!

5. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

I'm from the southern parts of Sweden, but I have actually lived in York, England where I studied archaeology.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Cool. York is great for archaeology. :) I am from York and apart from my three years at university in Leeds I have lived here my whole life. In my opinion North Yorkshire is one of the most beautiful places in the world, of course living here I don't appreciate it, but I'd recommend it for people to visit (or study). ;)

7. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

^ I am just back from the UK. Harwich, Beckenham, Birmingham, new forest, southbourn/chichester, hastings, dover were my stops.. and drove through the country in between. I love the UK... there is so much stuff to do there and has so much of an history! And the scenery is great.

I'm from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I was born in a very small town called Culemborg but I moved to Rotterdam at age 2. I'm a real citygirl that loves Rotterdam. Although the fact that I love my city, I always have had the need to move to another country though.

Dutch is my primary language.

I have had English, German, French and Spanish at school. I dropped French and Spanish as soon as I could. I forgot most of my German and I always have had something for English. I was already learning that before I got it in High School. And if I compare it to my fellow students and friends I am pretty good at it! I think it is almost at the same level as my primary language, Dutch.

8. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Everyone always says when they come to the UK, that's it's great, but I can't wait to leave. If I get enough money, I'm moving to the US. I wanna live in either Nevada, Texas or NY. But i doubt that's gonna happen, so i'm stuck here. :(

9. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

hi all, well im from Wales, and as all the brits here will know, us welsh are very proud of our heritage, especially when it comes to rugby ;) :lol:, but i have to agree with pintsize, if i won the lottery, i would be on the next plane out of here, though i would like to live round the San Diego area, ive been there twice now on hols, and loved it the people and the weather are great, and you treated like long lost cousins.

10. babylon5girl

babylon5girl Hit and Run

Hey, I'm From the land of bourbon, horse racing and bluegrass...Kentucky!

I'm in the central part of KY

(PS: I'm talking about the actual grass, not the crappy music, I hate it. *shudder*)

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well I have always said that 1) they drive on the WRONG side and 2) great nickname for the country is Instant Coffee Hell

:p :lol:

12. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Yeah, i guess that's true.

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

And everybody loves the UK.. can you imagine how boring other countries are :rolleyes: !!!

Driving on the left was so much fun! I thought it would be harder but it wasn;t hard at all. I did drove in a car that was quit a bit more wide that my small suzuki swift and that almost made me lose the right sode mirror when I almost slammed it into a passing car :p That was the onlymistake I made... my friend took the roundabout the wrong way once. Happily there was no traffic! Other that that we had 1,5 weeks of fun driving there.

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Seriously, I think everyone's home country feels boring and foreign countries are exciting - you are just too used to your own country.

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

You know, It's everyone else who drives on the wrong side, not us. :lol: :p