Where you from?

Greek and Latin have nothing to di with German, I should know, I'm a German who tried learning both :p

Although, if you manage to learn Greek you're probably good enough at learning grammar so it'll be enough for German, too.
German's a lot easier than Greek or Latin in my eyes. In general, I believe that spoken languages are easier to learn than dead languages.

BTW, why would one want to learn German? Sounds edgy when it's spoken and looks weird when it's written. Are you from a neighbouring county of Germany? Or do you have relatives there?

Well German is very logic language... usually people who are good in math can learn it easily. I've studied it 6 yrs but been not too interested in that language :p
Tho there is lots of exceptions and every exception has exception :p

Grammar makes more sense than Finnish grammar :rolleyes:

Math? :) I've never thought about that before. Usually people who I know are either good in German or good in math.
You are right, there are so many exceptions. I don't pay much attention to most of them. :lol:

I agree on German being logic. It's got strict grammar and rules. Once you get those rules, it's not that complicated anymore. The problem is they aren't that easy to get. LOL. I majored in German at college and I was never good at it. Worse, I think I have given all the German I used to know back to my teachers. :lol:

I'm from Taiwan btw. It's a small Asian island located between Pacific Ocean and Mainland China. I love it most of the time, but there are times I don't appreciate it as much as I should, like right now. I can't stand the God dang heat and humidity in summer. :D

MiaCharlize said:
BTW, why would one want to learn German? Sounds edgy when it's spoken and looks weird when it's written. Are you from a neighbouring county of Germany? Or do you have relatives there?

No, in fact I'm Spanish with no relatives in Germany. When I worked in a Golf Course I was able to talk in French and English, but in German only knew to say hello, so I wanted to learn it. After I left the job I also lost the opportunity to learn it with the staff, so I pushed it back until I have time.

i have tried to learn German for EVER since i was little but my Oma never spoke it to me just to my Opa so i would just hear what they were saying to each other and would never know what the heck they were saying. I WANT TO LEARN IT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!

lizanator112890 said:
i have tried to learn German for EVER since i was little but my Oma never spoke it to me just to my Opa so i would just hear what they were saying to each other and would never know what the heck they were saying. I WANT TO LEARN IT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!

;) I can teach you to speak German if you really want to learn it. Just ask!

I agree that German isn't an easy language, I wouldn't want to learn it! ;) Well, I'm still fascinated by Irish, but I guess that's really hard to learn. I used to be quite good at French and Spanish, too, but I forgot a lot since I left school, so English is the only foreign language I can still speak properly. I hope I won't forget that, too! I just love that language, would be a pity!

vegaslights said:
DaWacko said:

(no worries as long as you give that beer to me :devil: )

Ducky and her beer. I'm worried. Do you drink on the job here? ;) :p

I am a Finn. Part of my blood is replaced by the alcohol :p :devil:

Meh, now here's people saying "German is so hard" ... try to learn ma language! I am actually better in English than I am in my own language :rolleyes: srsl.

As for studying languages..here the ..2nd foreing (Finnish and Swedish are two national languages then comes English as first foreign) first pick is either German or French. French just scares me and we have tradition in our family to learn German :p I've actually sat on one French class and decided right away it's not my language.

Tho there would be more useful languages to learn, such as Russian or Estonian.

I'm in Massachusetts. Born in New York state. Family is from Western Pennsylvania. Before that its too complicated for my brain to figure out. :rolleyes:

Susan

Mine's kind of confusing. My dad's from Edmonton and my mom's from Victoria Texas. I was born in Austin, spent about 3 weeks there. Moved to Edmonton, lived there for 3 years. Moved back to Austin. My parents died in a car crash when I was 8. After that I've lived in cities in different states.

- Lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my Grandma.
- Stayed with Aunt in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Then moved back to Austin to live with my favorite aunt.
- Graduated from high school early, got my own house with my boyfriend when I was 18, in San Antonio.

Hmmm, Never seen this thread before

I'm from Wigan, Lancashire, England - Famous for being the childhood home of Sir Ian McKellen. Family decendents are rather boring - we go as far flung as St Helens in the past 200 years (which is 6 miles up the road)

Also, Excuse my ignorance but I had a little trouble with the US State initials. I couldn't name ya 50 states let alone 50 State initals. I could get the obvious ones like NY CA KY NC VA WA but I had to search some :lol:

I am from Sheboygan Falls, WI. The state that is full of cows, corn, and cheese. :lol: It is quite boring here in Sheboygan Falls, because it is a little town, so if anyone ever comes to wisconsin go to some of the bigger cities like: Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, and Appleton. Just to name a few.

SpeedleCSIMiami said:
I am from Sheboygan Falls, WI. The state that is full of cows, corn, and cheese. :lol: It is quite boring here in Sheboygan Falls, because it is a little town, so if anyone ever comes to wisconsin go to some of the bigger cities like: Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, and Appleton. Just to name a few.

Yay, another cheesehead! :p I am originally from Menasha, and it too is a boring town...

Back