What's your first, favorite and funniest episode?

FIRST Epi

"MIA/NYC - Non-stop" - I was taping it for hubby and got really interested in Mac and Horatio. I was also intrigued by the differences between Miami and NY. I think I must have felt some sort of positive feelings towards the show because I promptly sought out Season One of the show and what I had missed concerning Season Two

What drew me to the show were the characters because no matter how silly the situations might have been the characters were so beautifully crafted that they lent a sense of believability to them.

FAVORITE Epi

I have several favourite episodes

“MIA/NYC – Non-stop” is a kind of favourite and a cursed episode for me because although I thoroughly enjoyed the tale, now that I feel the program is nothing but the biggest pile of poo around, it is also a cursed episode because I would not have felt such a horrible dislike for a character I once adored and also not have gone through the pain of being forced not to watch had I not watched this episode in the first place - chuckle.

My other favourites are:

“Broken & Body Count” – because these two episodes managed to convey Horatio at his absolute best, especially “Body Count”... unlike at the end of the Season 6 episode “To Kill A Predator” where they showed Horatio at his absolute worse.

“Dead Woman Walking” – because the woman who was dying wasn’t squeaky clean. She was forceful, intolerant and so forth and it made an interesting investigation, despite the fact that maybe it should have been handed over to the police rather than it being a Crime Scene Investigation. It was a tragic episode that was very well told and acted by all and sundry.

“Dispo Day” – I adored the camaraderie/teamwork between Horatio, Speed and Calleigh throughout this episode and the ending was fantastic and ominous, considering what happened at the beginning of Season 3. An absolute favourite of mine.

“Witness to Murder” – Again this episode showed Horatio at his absolute best. For me it was really hard not to adore the character after this episode. DC broke my heart with his acting and the end scene brought tears to my eyes.

“Wannabe” – Because this episode showed Speed at his absolute best where I think Speed saw something of himself in the ‘Wannabe’. The scene in the elevator between Horatio and Speed was heartbreaking due primarily to Rory’s acting. *sniffle*

...I’m sure there are plenty more from Season’s One and Two, but these are the ones off the top of my head...

I don’t have a “Funniest Episode” I’m afraid because I think at times I would be laughing my socks off at something that perhaps was not meant to be funny. However I do have a “Saddest Episode” and that would be

“Lost Son” – Not only for the most obvious reason, because a beloved team member was offed during the episode, but also because looking back this also spelt the beginnings of the decline of CSI Miami for me.

:)

You know my original thought for this thread included saddest episode. But I guess I forgot. I should probably add it (Saddest epi) but I think everyone would just put Lost Son. I would too, right next to Man Down and Rock In A Hard Place

Anyone else want to add the saddest epi to their list?

Lost Son definitely wasn't my saddest episode. When I started watching Miami Ryan had already been there for 2 whole years, so I was never attached to Speedle. When he died, the episode was sad, but it wasn't my saddest because I wasn't attached to him. I'm not sure what I would say for my saddest episode. You know, "Witness to Murder" was one of the only episodes that had me crying. I did also cry in "Rock and a Hard Place", for obvious reasons. So, I guess I'll say those two, because there aren't any others jumping out at me right now.

aww.... saddest for me would have to be Rock and a Hard Place. I cried for Alexx, then when I saw Calleigh almost crying, I cried harder! I believe Emily didn't have to act at all to get the tears flowing - they were real tears.

I start watch Miami when Ryan already was there, so i never be attached to Speedl too. "Lost son" was sad, but i'm not crying. I cry when Alexx left and hug everyone in lab, it was wery sad, i miss mommy Alexx :(

^That's true, I don't think any person would cry if they didn't know him before. I started watching after Speedle was killed, but after watch season's 1 and 2 repeatedly I think I cried when watching it once. It's my sad epi, I miss Speed, but not as much as the people who've been watching from the start.

I agree with everyone else. Lost son was the saddest.I cried.I can't watch that ep a second time.I miss Speedle.I started at the stat of Miami and I thought they would Keep Speedle in it but when he died I couldn't help myself but to cry,I've never seen people so sad as I did in that Episode,It was just heart breaking

^ Just choose one which a joke that cracks u up!

One that always makes me laugh is in Speed Kills when Eric and Cal send Ryan to autopsy because it's a head trauma. Cal starts by telling Ryan "you go" and Eric quickly catches on and plays along. Always cracks me up.

Then there's a really nice moment when Ryan asks Eric who "initiated" him and Eric says it was Speedle :).

HAHAHA!:guffaw: I almost forgot about that one, his face when he said 'alexx where's the head?' was priceless. Gotta love Wolfe. I love this part, cause it's a spoiler and it's my thread so I can post as many as I want, yes!:

Wolfe's afraid of heights, haha!

FIRST Epi
-name of epi
The first series epi, where a whole family is shot and the toddler walks down the street covered in blood

-What did you think of Csi Miami at that point?
I was really in to Vegas and didn't want to watch a bad copy. So I was going to avoid it, but my flatmate had this epi on.

-Did you fall in love with it then or a couple episodes after?
I actually enjoyed the episode, but decided that I watched too much tv, and too many crime dramas. So I didn't watch it again until season 4. There was nothing else on tv, and I was bored...

-What drew you to the show? Characters? Plots?
Well, the plots are so silly. But I think that in part drew me to the show. It was just so different from Vegas that it didn't feel like a proper csi show. I watched 'from the grave' and the whole time I was thinking this is so stupid. But sometimes you just need to watch trashy tv and switch off your brain :) And then after 'nailed' Ryan's character kept me watching..

FAVORITE Epi
-name of epi
This is quite difficult, but I think I will have to say nailed.

-What makes it your fav epi?
The acting was amazing. And I loved how the epi started with the nail in the eye, and made you think for quite a while, 'is this where he gets shot'

-Do you have more than one?
I also like 3 way- because I love the interaction between Cal, Eric and Ryan, and how we see the case from the different perspectives.
Dispo day- Poor Speed ! And it has a good plot.
And no doubt some others I cant think of just now..

FUNNIEST Epi
-name of epi
I feel tempted to say curse of the coffin. After all its the one epi that is supposed to be funny. But I really like Dispo Day.

-Why do you find it so funny?
Well, the part where Cal is on the lie detector and she has inhaled the cocaine. And the bit where Eric is all worried, because he is a catholic, and he feels guilty all the time.

-What's the part of the epi that made u crack up so much?
I think I answered that. The bit with Calleigh.

But I do like the humour in curse of the coffin, as well.

FIRST Epi
-name of epi
Golden Parachute - been watching since the beginning

I was like heck yes! spinoff, bring it on :lol:

Love at first sight

Well I liked Vegas, and Miami was just enough different yet just enough alike that it made it enjoyable as well. Then I started getting involved in the charcters.

FAVORITE Epi
-name of epi
hm, that's a hard one. Probably Dispo Day. There's a long and funny story involved with me and this episode.

It's sad, it's happy, it's thrilling. It's everything you could want rolled into one.

Yes, I really love them all.

FUNNIEST Epi
-name of epi
I just had a brain fart and can't think of it's name. But it's the one where Alexx, Eric, and Speed all get called out to the crime scene in the middle of no where and they're like "why are we on this case? It's not in our jurisdiction." and it's like "10 yards that way and it wouldn't be" yadda yadda yadda... It makes me laugh

Alexx: Don't tell me we sent the body away with a complete stranger.
Speed: Well Alexx, we sent....
Alexx: Timmy, I know.
:guffaw:

See above answer. ;) I love Speed, so funny.

FIRST Epi
-name of epi

Cross Jurisdictions - Golden Parachute
I didn't like itmin the beginning but the more episodes I watched
the moreI liked it
Later, I think I startedto love CSIMiami after 4 or 5 episodes
I think it was Eric :Dand later Ryan

FAVORITE Epi

-name of epi
Nailed
The whole story with Ryan getting shot with the Nail gun
Curse of the Coffin, Legal

FUNNIEST Epi

-name of epi
Curse of the Coffin!
The storyline was great :D
Ryan, Eric and Cal :D the whole cursed thing

First Ep

The first episode I ever saw was a repeat of "Legal." I saw a bunch of repeats after that, but didn't watch a new episode until "Death Eminent" aired. Of course, by the time we were half way through season 5, I was completely caught up on episodes. :lol:

Favorite Ep

This is tricky. I'd say it's a tie between "Slaughterhouse" and "Inside Out." I loved "Slaughterhouse" for the science. It was a real whodunnit kind of episode. But I loved "Inside Out" for the character development. It was the first time I saw H have any real emotion on a new episode (seeing as I started watching during the dark ages of season 5.)

Funniest Ep

Probably "Three-Way" or "Curse of the Coffin". That being said, I wouldn't say CSIM is the funniest of shows.

^^ I didn't like it the first time I watched it because I watched the epi's out of order and was really new to the show. The second time I watched it was when we bought all the seasons on DVD and watched them in order. Then I thought it was funny. Especially when Ryan says "yeah we gotta watch out for those pot-smoking kit thieves" LOL

Back