What's your first, favorite and funniest episode?

C.H.E.A.R.

Pathologist
Okay, i've been thinking of creating this thread just know everyone's first, favorite and funniest episode. Here some questions you could answer, just to help the discussion:

FIRST Epi
-name of epi
-What did you think of Csi Miami at that point?
-Did you fall in love with it then or a couple episodes after?
-What drew you to the show? Characters? Plots?

FAVORITE Epi
-name of epi
-What makes it your fav epi?
-Do you have more than one?

FUNNIEST Epi
-name of epi
-Why do you find it so funny?
-What's the part of the epi that made u crack up so much?

I was thinking of stating with all your 'First episodes' discussion then move on to Fav. But you can do all at the same time. I'll post mine later cause I don't have the time now.

I LOVE SPOILERS so I don't mind if you post them, but not too much. Feel free to support the discussion with lots of pictures!

FIRST Epi
"Dispo Day"
- Yep it was my very first episode of CSI:Miami.
At first I didn't watch CSI:Miami because I considered it a simple spin-off.
My mother was watching it & she called me so I decided to watch it properly
-I fell in love immediatly. I loved how they wrote that story both in terms of plot, character development.
Plus Calleigh & Tim were so well developed that I couldn't fall in love w/ an episode like this. Loved the whole malfunctioning gun stuff of Tim & Calleigh dosed:guffaw:

FAVORITE Epi
"Ambush"&"All In"
-Probably they weren't the best episodes ever but I loved both of them 'cause they involved Calleigh. Fortunately they involved her in a good way. Yeah she was kidnapped but she wasn't the typical scared lady who isn't able to do anything.
She showed she's a very smart girl, she showed she could do everything alone also without the help of the other member of the team.
Even if she wasn't sure they were going to understand all she did (aka n.60 fingerprint on the wall, invisible ink...), she still had faith in her team. She trusted everyone. Not in everey team you can trust everyone, surely in this team you can't trust everyone, but she did it which I thik it's on of the most important feature of Calleigh's character.
Plus she was smart & very lucid throughout the episode.
-Yes I have lots of other fav. episodes like "Bang Bang Your Debt", "Dispo Day", "Sunblock", "Born to Kill" ...

FUNNIEST Epi
"Curse of the Coffin" & "Sunblock"
To me they were almos the same.
While during "Curse of the Coffin" we had more interactions among the members of the team, the funniest scene ever was in "Sublock".
In "Curse of the coffin" the Ryan getting the curse cracked me up. Also the end of the episode was way too funny:lol:.
In "Sunblock" I adored the scene w/ Calleigh, Jake & Alexx "Because mojo is mojo":guffaw::guffaw:

Oh I like this idea. Great thread. :D

First Episode

-Dispo Day

What did you think of CSI: Miami at that point?

-I actually didn't like it, I thought it was just another CSI clone and my loyalties were to the original at that point. But that's also because I hadn't actually sat down to watch the show, I wasn't much interested in it as I had been paying more close attention to another of my favourite shows that was nearing its series finale.

Did you fall in love with it then or a couple episodes after?

-I probably fell in love with it when I actually sat down and watched a full episode when it happened to be new--it was 'Hard Time'. The impression was completely different for me from when I saw 'Dispo Day'. Everything was brighter, the characters were dynamic and the storyline kept me interested until the end. I remember being so enthralled when Horatio said "She's still alive" before the credits. :lol:

What drew you to the show? Characters? Plots?

-I'd actually have to say the atmosphere of the show; it was obviously more different than the original CSI than I had previously thought and there was such an internationality about it which was appealing. The plots came in at a close second. Characters always take a little longer for me to warm up to but it's great that I started watching more in the second season as the characters were well established already so I was left with the impression of who they were. I'd say though that the characters are what's keeping me watching the show now.

ETA: Back from dinner!

Funniest Episode

-A toss-up between 'Curse of the Coffin' and 'Rap Sheet'. I was cracking up so much at Ryan and the 'curse' and the team interaction was so much fun to watch. :D It was definitely one of the lighter episodes that didn't take itself so seriously. I'd also have to say 'Rap Sheet' because of the interaction between Eric and Speed. They played off of each other so well, it just made the case B that much more interesting to watch. Plus, Speed was so harsh in that episode concerning everything, it was brilliant. :lol:

Last edited:
First - mine was Dispo Day too!!
I knew my mom watched the original CSI so one day in the summer I was flipping through and saw CSI:Miami and gave it a try!
I picked Calleigh as my favorite that day and have stuck with that ever since. It was cool trying to figure out what in the world had happened in Horatio's past and it was funny when Calleigh accidentally got dosed. I also remember thinking "oooh something is going to happen to her, when she was walking in that alley (before Frank pulled up). I wanted to know more about the characters, so I kept watching Miami... now I'm hooked for life!

Favorite - Skeletons, Going Under, Man Down, and Stand Your Ground. Yeah... sorry I have a lot of favorites. Since I'm a huge Emily Procter/Calleigh fan I like the ones that have a lot to do with her. The only reason I won't add All In to my favorite list is because I was so freaked out that Calleigh would be hurt really badly I didn't enjoy the epi.
I liked Skeletons for the Eric/Natalia drama. Going Under when Calleigh takes down Jake - hahahaha, Man Down because Eric isn't wearing a shirt (yummy) and the scenes with him and Calleigh in the hospital, and finally Stand Your Ground because of the way Calleigh yells at Stetler.

Funniest - that would be.... Curse of the Coffin!
I mean, really, you have Ryan and Eric going through a graveyard at night getting scared by an iguana on a headstone (does that really happen in Miami?) and then H's "burn baby burn". I pretty much laugh through the whole episode. I think I've seen it 10 times.

Oh man if my first episode was Dispo Day I wouldve been hooked a long time ago!

First epi: Shootout

cause my favourite actress at the time was Rosa Blasi and she played Carmen on the epi. I didn't really pay any attention to what was really going on cause all I wanted was to see her. Now I look back at the night I watched it and say 'wow my two fav actresses are in the same room' (rosa and emily procter). I fell in love with the show one Friday when A&E just started showing the reruns, I watched one, another, then another and I was like, this is so cool!

Fav epis: Dispo Day, Curse of the Coffin, All In,Nailed,Three-Way...
Dispo Day:the plot I love and I cracked up when Calleigh doing the lie detector test.

Curse of the coffin:love the plot and it had alot of Ryan.

All in: Emily's good acting and the EC at the end

Nailed: Gotta love the suspence and great Jonathan acting

Three-Way: Just funny

Funniest epi:Three-Way

There are so many jokes in this episode. Luv how the three CSIs were left alone to figure out the case and all three messed up! I luv the part when they meet in front of the elevator and say they all found the cause of death, then Horatio comes in and sets them straight.

FIRST Epi
-name of epi
Uhhhh...
Honestly, I don't know what my first epi was, but I kept remembering Ryan and Horatio, so I watched it again.
I had watched the show every now and then for a few years not really thinking about it. During the writer's strike I got bored out of my mind, so A&E began the obsession...
Well, Ryan for one. One day I saw Miami was on, and I was like, man! I hope that hot guy is on this one! And sure enough....But what got me watching CSI was the scientific stuff, honestly. It opened up a whole other world.

FAVORITE Epi

-name of epi
mmm....Nailed probably
Who doesn't love Ryan angst? Hello? Plus I liked when Eric saved him, despite their disputes.
Erm...All In was great. Curse of the Coffin was hilarious. Legal was pretty good.

FUNNIEST Epi

-name of epi
Curse of the Coffin!
Ryan's face when the body woke up....HAHAHA and the part where he's like, OMG ALEXX! It's the CUUUURSE!
Well....I answered it already lol

Good idea for a thread. :D

FIRST Epi
-Name of epi
Hmm, I'm not sure. It was either No Man's Land, Shock, or Rampage. It was reruns during the Summer before season 6, you have no idea how confused I was with those episodes being played at the same time.
-What did you think of CSI Miami at that point?
Well I thought it was confusing seeing as I thought all of the Marisol and Eric-getting-shot stuff was happening at once! But I liked it, it was pretty actiony and interesting.
I think I fell in love with it then. I knew for sure I was going to be watching season 6 full time when it started.
Hmm... characters and plots mixed I guess. I mean, I had to feel bad for Eric and the team when Eric got shot even if I didn't "know" them yet. And I had to feel bad for both Horatio and Eric when Marisol got shot even if I didn't "know" them yet. So I was feeling for the characters at the same time that these awesome storylines were going on. So plots and characters for me.

FAVORITE Epi
-Name of epi
Oh man, I have no idea. I'm Ryan obsessed so I feel the need to say "Nailed". But I really love the season 2 episode "Witness to Murder".
It's just classic Horatio, and you really start to love the mentally handicapped man and the relationship he builds with Horatio. The ending is so sad, and when I watched it I thought it was pretty unexpected. It made me genuinly sad to see it end that way, and like I said, classic Horatio, but the Horatio everyone loved and... I dunno, it was just a great episode.
Oh yea there are many. Like I said, Ryan obsessed means lot's of favourite Ryan episodes. But the one I mentioned above really sticks out in my mind.

FUNNIEST Epi
-Name of epi
Funny and Miami in the same sentence? Hmm... well Legal is the only one popping out at me right now.
I dunno, I like the fact that Ryan has a personality in it? His personality was so much more likeable in season 3. I wish he was still like that. There were a lot of pretty funny parts in this episode including him.
-What's the part of the epi that made you crack up so much?
Well the whole part with Venus and Ryan was pretty funny. "So serious, that's hot." "Open your mouth." "Guys usually say please." "Can you tell me the name of the Buckeye state?" "What's a buckeye?" "Say Ohio." "Ohioo... that's hot." and "Total chick drink." and "Wow, that's a whole island. My parents are giving me their lawnmower." and the imitation of "That's hot." There were plenty of good parts in there. :lol:

FIRST Epi
-name of epi

it was when Ryan works on TV "Kill Switch"

interesting show, i love detective tv show

yes, i fall in love immediately

Ryan Wolfe! That was weird, i know him from SU2 at first and i start watch Miami because Jon was there! Ok, now i like Horatio and Calleigh, i like cases

FAVORITE Epi
-name of epi

"Legal"

Ryan was sooo cute and there was so many CaRWash moments :adore:

"Nailed", "Urban Hellraisers", "Three-Way", "Darkroom", "Cyber-lebrity", " Miami Confidential", "Curse Of The Coffin", "High Octane", i know it too much, but them soo many :rolleyes:

FUNNIEST Epi
-name of epi

"Curse Of The Coffin"

Ryan scared this curse:guffaw:

When body in morgue wake up:guffaw:

First Episode

-Cross Jurisdiction/Golden Parachute

What did you think of CSI: Miami at that point?

-I loved it from the start,when I first saw the cast in cross jurisdiction I was iffy then when Horatio and Catherine joked around I was like "Hmm,I like it..lol I was twelve then,been watching it ever since

-Then at the first moment,sorta like love at first sight :lol:

-The way they worked so well together,the little jokes and the crimes all around were different compared to Las Vegas,I'd have to guess the change of scenery and different faces to try and get use to and figure out is what pulled me in completely.

FAVORITE Epi
-Name of epi
hmm hard choice,I'd have to go with the Hurricane Anthony.
I dunno why however I just love it so much,it so different and unique how all the crimes linked together in the end and how Calleigh points it out,also how speedle was complaining in the beginning about dispatch,plus Yelina with the kitten was cute.

Yep,Anything with Megan Donner in it,I like her as an actress,there is just a huge list of epi's that I adore.

Funniest Episode

-Hmm I'd honestly have to agree with the majority and say Curse of the coffin,with Ryan and Hurricane Anthony with speedle.The ending of Hurricane made me think Calleigh was on something :lol: and Ryan and Eric all together in Curse of the coffin was hilarious

Last edited:
This is such a fun idea, C.H.E.A.R.!

Ok, here we go:

First Epi
-Name of epi:

Honestly, i don't remember which one it was. I was about eleven years old, which means it's about 4 years ago. I know it was halloween, and they were having reruns at night in Sweden of what i think was season 2, while Season three started just a couple of weeks later. One of the first epis i watched was Lost son, and although i hadn't watched many epis before that, and hadn't really gotten to "know" the characters yet, i think that's when i first fell in love with the show.
-What did you think of CSI Miami at that point?
Well, when i first started to watch Miami, i had for starters never watched CSI LV. So to me, Miami was the first CSI show, and i really liked it from the start. It was exciting and i loved to see how the science helped the CSIs to catch the bad guy.
I liked it from the very first epi. I think i loved it from when i watched Lost Son.
I think it was both. Because to me, CSI Miami did - does (although they did a better work before)- that specific thing great; mix interesting plots with very interesting characters. When i had grown to love CSI Miami i tried to watch LV, but it just didn't work for me. I didn't feel for those characters like i did for the Miami ones - and i still don't. So yer, i think it was the mix of interesting characters and good plots.

Favourite Epi
-Name of epi
Gosh, am i supposed to pick one here?? Sorry, but that's impossible, so i'll pick a few favs, that just crosses my mind here. One that i always have loved is Witness to Murder - the bond between Eugeen and Horatio in this epi is simply lovely, and it's got such a heart-breaking end. Crime Wave is another one - partly because i adore the Horatio/Yelina scenes and Horatio/Stetler scenes in that one. Then there's Whacked; i think that's such a great episode, with a very interesting case - and on the top of that, there's an awesome scene when H tells Stetler to leave and don't come back (to Yelina). The list could go on for ages, but i'll stop there.
They're awesome David Caruso/Horatio Caine episodes; great examples of the always so caring Horatio.
Absolutely! I really love the H/Y episodes. And i basically love all episodes with Rick Stetler, since they always get an interesting twist thanks to him. And honestly i don't mind the H/M episodes either - such as Rampage, which i think is a great episode too.

FUNNIEST Epi
-Name of epi
I'm gonna go with Curse of the Coffin here too, although i really wanna come up with some other. Though that's the one that crosses my mind right now. I laughed a lot during that epi, and it was a great plot, so i'm gonna pick that one for now. Still there are lots of other fun epis, for example from season 1 and 2 with Eric and Speed.
I guess it's just so fun to see how Ryan really believes in all this, and when the body woke up.... it was great fun.
-What's the part of the epi that made you crack up so much?
Mostly the part when Ryan couldn't move his hands, and his reaction there.

C'mon guys, if you like the show know the epis names of season and # of epi.

Carro, I'm glad you like it!:)

It's my first thread and I can't believe it's this successful. YAY ME!

C'mon people just keep them coming!!!

And of all the 148 epis we all like Curse of the Coffin as the funniest. Oh please, gimmie more!

FIRST Epi

I think it was Cross Jurisdictions but I'm really not sure.

A little bit later cause I was more of a Vegas fan. But GSR came and I started watching more Miami and totally fell in love with it.

I was really intrigued by the Raymond Caine storyline, the whole is he dead or not. Then I totally fell in love with Eric and Calleigh and actually went from watching only reruns to watching the ongoing season to see if they were going to hook up.

FAVORITE Epi

All In. I loved that episode. Love Calleigh centered stories and the ending made me really happy :). I also like Lost Son even though it's sad but it was very well done.

FUNNIEST Epi

Don't know :confused:

Back