What's your ethnic background?

Isn't being Jewish more of a religion/belief? *confused*
Not that there isn't anything to be proud of, but I just always thought it was your faith, not your bloodline?

I have Celtic blood (from both sides) and a little bit Italian blood (mother's side)
But I am mostly Dutch...Born and raised in North Holland...how boring :p

I'm half Chinese half Kenyah (Kenyah is sort of like a native race here in Malaysia; esp in Sarawak). Dad's Chinese, Mom's Kenyah.

i was born here in america but I am English, Irish, Scottish, etc. I'mm not totally positive but I am a descendant of a lot of people from that area.

I was born and raised in PA.. but hope to move to California soon.

Mother's side: I'm Italian (my maternal grandmother was born in Italy and my grandfather's parents were born there too).
Father's side: Many generations American but of Scottish ancestry.

DaWacko I showed up and I was calling you but you didn't hear me... maybe you didn't notice me, but I was the one in the truck carrying 340 tons of wood :D Ah, shucks, how could you miss that?

Jewish is a religion, but I'm guessing he/she meant Israeli ?

Roka...seen only Finnish wood so far on these roads :p

Isn't being Jewish more of a religion/belief? *confused*
Not that there isn't anything to be proud of, but I just always thought it was your faith, not your bloodline?

Jewish are kind of considered as "one people" and Israel would be their nation and it can be considered as ethnic background. But because of historical events, they are spread around the world.
I guess what you, SweetDarling, try to say that... they can be American jewish or Russian jewish etc.

Judaism is also considered as "ethnic religion" and ethnic religion is tied to one place/area/country, people, culture and/or language. Similar ones are: shintoism, Confucianism, Hinduism and taoism.

Islam, Christianity and buddhism aren't "ethnic religions"

I hope you get my point :)

I was born in America but I'm 100 percent Irish. w00t! And I envy y'all who are like a thousand different things. That's really cool- you can take the best parts of all the cultures and blend them together.
And I envy you being 100% Irish.. always wanted to be Irish.. I do speak the Gaelic language.. well I'm trying to anyways..

People have mistaken me for being Italian for my looks.. I've nothing to do with that country.. and Irish because of my accent. :D I am (as said before) half Dutch (daddy) and half Czech (mummy) - so I do have Celtic roots!!

OKAY! Thew list of things I am (I found out I was a few other things the other day):

American
Arab
Mexican
Honduran
French
English
Cherokee Indian
Scots-Irish

And who knows what else :lol:

I'm half Chinese, half English, born and raised in London, and am living in Scotland although Hong Kong is kind of like my third home too.

Mine is German and English. I think there is a bit of Native American Indian some where. Maybe one day I will find it!

Back