What's better C.S.I. / C.S.I. NY or C.S.I. Miami

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Caine, Mar 2, 2007.

1. recoba__20

recoba__20 Victim

Anaa Belknap .. (L) .. CSI:NY .. :p .. !!

2. CSInyFAN

CSInyFAN Victim

The reason I got into the CSI franchise was because I took a forensic chemistry class in high school--on fridays we would have CSI fridays and watch CSI and ever since I was hooked. I stumbled onto CSI NY one night when I was doing homework and needed some noise to help me do my homework. So here's my order of the CSIs:
    CSI NY
    CSI
    CSI Miami (shudders--i think there should be a law against wearing black in miami.)

3. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I enjoy them all equally.

NY for its gritty seriousness
    LV for its dark humor
    Miami for the colours and of course David Caruso

Each show seems to be written around the lead actor, and frankly that suits the style of it for me at least.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I think the plots are best in Vegas, I think the team dynamic is best in NY but I cant help it- Miami is my favourite. I find it the most fun to watch!

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hmm... I started with LV and for a long time it was my favorite with Miami on second place and not caring much about NY. Then when GSR came around I started replacing LV with Miami and got hooked. After a summer of renting Miami DVDs and catching up suddenly I had nothing left to watch and so decided to rent NY to have something to do.

As of right now I would have to say that Miami is number one, and NY is number two, and then LV. I went back to LV after a while but now with Grissom and Warrick gone it's just not the same for me.

6. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

I started to watch Csi:LV, I was completely addicted , then I started to wacth Csi:miami and I fell in love for it :adore:
    So, Csi:Miami is my fave but I still like Csi:LV (Cap. Jim Brass is so funny , he's the main reason why I still watch it xD ) :)
    And Csi:NY , I really don't care about that one although Danny is HOT xD

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I am addicted to CSI. I own the first six seasons and watch them frequently (anyone want to give me seven and eight ;)). I think all the characters are unique and interesting to watch.

Miami is okay. I feel Caruso needs to tone it down a bit. He reminds me of William Shatner (Not in a good way). You know...the stories the other Star Trek cast members told of him being egotistical. Caruso strikes me that way.

While New York is good, I think television is saturated with crime shows set in New York. Honestly, when I first saw an episode, I didn't know what it was until it cut to the opening credits. I came into it from a previous show (probably CSI) and it looked like any old New York crime show.

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Vegas used to be my favorite, but it seems the writing has went to hell once Billy left. So I sort of got used to watching CSI NY ... and I instantly fell in love with the drama and how much more serious it is compared to Vegas and Miami, but it's just my opinion.

9. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

NY. Why? Because the show fits me better than the other two. LV is great in terms of the cases. Miami is good for the scene. But, NY is the best! Not perfect, but the best among the three. Not to mention NY has Stella. :D

10. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i like all three shows equally , so i can't choose between them :)

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  11. Deathwish2120

Deathwish2120 Civilian

For me its CSI miami, now ive got seasons 1 - 8 ( part 2 not got yet ) and only got seasons 1 - 3 of Miami, but i already love it the best, its got so much more action than CSI Vegas, and less characters so it can develop them more.

Havent started watching New York yet, ill wait till i finish miami.

12. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

That would be an almost tie between NY and Miami, with NY edging forward to win. I like the characters on NY and feel more connected to them than I do Miami characters. However, I have been a Calleigh fan since she was on West Wing and once I got past David Caruso's acting and the weird lighting effects they use on the outdoor shots, it comes in a close second.

LV - eh. I liked it way back when but it has changed so much that I lost touch with the show. Now it's the one I watch the least.

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I posted here some time ago and I need to say that my opinion haven't changed:lol:

LV is still my number one even when I tried to watch NY and Miami again. Sorry, but NY is for me boring. I was trying to watch few eps of third and fourth season and I had problems with concentration on the plot. BTW, I don't like too much some plots of the characters. Miami is just Miami, I can watch it when nothing else is on TV. Too shiny and still H is scaring with his sunglasses:lol:

14. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

I would say as of right now NY has to be winning by a landslide. If you would of told me to say which one is better when LV hit the 6th season I would of said LV hands down. But the show has changed so dramatically that I dont even bother to follow it that much anymore. NY, well hell, I just like the way that they centralize on not only the characters and give us some insight, but still manage to adapt to the case. Miami...hmmm...well...I would just say that I'd see that one the least...

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I used to watch CSI, but when I first watched CSI:Miami I fell in love w/ it, its storylines & its character.
    CSI:NY, I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to watch an entire episode w/o falling asleep :p

Now, unfortunately, things have changed & CSI:Miami has probably the worst storylines I've ever seen on a TV show.
    I do think that CSI was ruined by the kiss in the jungle & oplĂ  I don't have a fav. CSI :shifty::(