What's better C.S.I. / C.S.I. NY or C.S.I. Miami

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Caine, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I've watched CSI: Miami for two or three years, and I just started watching NY because it was the 100th episode, and now it's my favorite! I've never liked the original except for the episode 'Toe Tags' which I saw years ago and didn't remember what show it was from until I randomly flicked to it on TV and recognized Cath.

2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

CSI:NY wins hands down for me. It became my favorite the minute I saw the first season. Not overly keen on this season but it still wins.

Vegas comes a close second.

As for Miami sorry just dont like it at all.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I find inetresting that most fans that prefer Miami find NY boring ,while most that love NY find Miami a joke.I understand completely becouse both shows are so different.

I watch vegas and Miami regularly now ,while I am not liking NY as much as before.

4. BelleStarr

BelleStarr Civilian

Vegas is, and always has been my favourite. Even though the show has changed so much i still enjoy it. I love New York and Miami just not as much as the original. :)

5. CSIinator

CSIinator Victim

I like all of them actually but my most favourite is CSI NY
    I luv CSI but its all dark
    CSI Miami has interesting storylines and action
    and CSI NY has those cool ways of solving the cases. :]

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i liked miami at first but after a while it got so much on my nerves i can't watch it! i love vegas, i think the stories are great, but ny is my favourite because it has my favourite group of characters. i love grissom and i really liked warrick too, and catherine, hodges and archie, but ny definitely has the best dynamic, it's the one where you feel like they all get along best.

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I love CSI: NY for many reasons: great characters (i love all of them!), great cases, awesome team dynamic! And of course great acting :)

I like CSI too, my fav characters is Greg, Nick, Gil, Cath, Archie, Hodges, Vendy, almost everyone. I like Gil's philosophy :)

CSI: Miami is worst csi show ever. It was great from seasons 3 to middle 5, but then show become from bad to worse. The only one reason i still watching this dying show is Jonathan Togo\Ryan Wolfe, he leaves, i would happy to stop watching it.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

For my tastes, the Vegas original is still the best. Hubby and I have been watching from the get-go, ever since we found out that William Petersen was going to be in this series that sounded similar to his work in "Manhunter" (which made us Petersen fans). And we've been watching ever since. The original cast is one of the best ensemble casts ever assembled, and I thought I would stop watching once Petersen left. But I have found myself pleasantly surprised by what they've been able to do with the series since his departure. Hubby and I may be the only ones on the planet who actually liked the 200th episode ("Mascara"), but we both appreciate the guts it's taken to take the series in a new direction, while trying to maintain some of the familiar threads that made us fall in love with the series, to begin with.

I really, really, really tried to like Miami in its first season, but between David Caruso's posturing and the frantic "Let's impress the audience with our cutting-edge camera angles and editing," it just works my last nerve. I've watched New York a couple of times, and it's actually fairly good, but for whatever reason I just can't warm up to the characters the way I have on the original.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I agree.CSI las vegas had the best ensemble cast .All the characters were unique and the chemistry between them great as well.I was on shock when Grissom left but at the same time was invested in Catherine ,Nick and Brass that I gave the show a try and was pleased.Some things need to be improved of course.

10. Dany

Dany Victim

I like CSI Miami because its the one most filled with action. Its a colorful one and of course - it has H.

I like CSI NY because it has very interesting characters und real good stories. And they have Carmine :adore:

I don't like CSI that much because it is too little action, too dark and I always found Grissom kinda boring. But I always loved Warrick - now I don't have any reason left to really watch the show...mmmmhm well after season 2 or 3 I lost interest, somehow...

11. jackrussellgirl

jackrussellgirl Civilian

100% c.s.i. miami all the way horatio is just fab

12. jackrussellgirl

jackrussellgirl Civilian

i agree miami is the best horatio all the way :)

13. SuckerMe

SuckerMe Dead on Arrival

CSI LV, of course :bolian:

Great Cast, pure science and of course Greg Sanders :drool:
    can't help it, sorry.

14. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

For a long time LV was my favourite, until the most curious storyline between Grissom and Sarah turned me completely off.

Since they replaced Cochrane with Togo on Miami, this CSI has become my absolute favourite, even if H-Vader since somewhere early in Season 6 is hitting on my nerves and I sometimes 'dream' that the scriptwriters decide that sun and colours would do Gary Sinise a lot of good (inscribing some shows in cool and gory NY on Caruso's timetable....just to bring him down a few inches and back to H.)

If they'd take Togo and Rx Lynn off Miami, for one reson or another, I think I'd stop watching it and hang on to serious and rather enticing NY for the crime show fun of the week.

15. jackrussellgirl

jackrussellgirl Civilian

absolutly miami * horatio all the way