What's better C.S.I. / C.S.I. NY or C.S.I. Miami

What's better? Well, I'm an NY fan, but that hasn't always been the case. I think all three shows are remarkably different considering they all have the same premise.

I still like the original CSI, and it was my first love, even though I resisted watching it for quite a while despite everyone telling me that I would love it! :lol: But now, for me, CSI: NY is the show. It's the one I would watch if I could choose one TV show for the rest of my life.

Obsessed much? Sure I am, but I love the cases, the characters and the atmosphere of it. As much as I like the original CSI it has lost some of its charm now, although it still has some outstanding episodes. I've never really got into Miami, I watch it occassionally and find it very amusing, but not necessarily in a good way. It too has had some great cases and wonderful episodes, so it's not all bad.

CSI Miami is the first one I watched, but after watching CSI Vegas, I fell in love. CSI Vegas is my favorite. For some reason I just can't get into the other ones anymore.. I guess it's because they don't have Grissom. :)

For me it's Vegas first. For the other two I really could never get into them. Until now! lol I am now watching NY and its slowly but surely has caught up to Vegas and its only behind by a few, in how much I like it!

Miami, I have watched more episodes of that then NY and I can never for the life of me get into that show. Something about the way David acts, not saying those who like him or not. Just I can't stand the way he talks puts his sunglasses on and tilts his head and never looks directly into the camera. Like William Shatner "I only have one good side, film me from that side"

Original is always and will always be the best, but third time is the charm and NY is great show to!

CSI: Miami rules.
CSI: NY rocks.
CSI drools.

I can't pick between CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. I like both. It's the original I just can NOT get in to. I can watch an episode of the original CSI and 5 minutes after it goes off I've done forgot what happened, who done it and all the other important parts.
There have been a few episodes that I like and can remember. OK...There are 9 episodes I like.

1...Ellie-the season 2 episode featuring Brass's daughter.
2...Identity Crisis--That episode with that guy who killed guys born on a certain date in, I believe, August . It looked like Grissom was next but wasn't.
3...The finger--The season 2 episode where Katherine put that finger in a glass of ice at a little roadside cafe then passed the glass off to Sara who was there on a date.
4...Cross-Jurisdictions--Because it was, as I call it, "the CSI: Miami pilot episode."
5...The Last Laugh--The season 3 episode with Gilbert Gottfried, the voice of the AFLAC duck.
6...Play With Fire--The season 3 episode where the lab exploded and Greg ended up in the hospital.
7...Bloodlines-The season 4 episode where that guy had 2 different DNAs-one in his hair and saliva the other in his blood and semen.
8...Up in Smoke--The season 6 episode where that couple started a fire in the fireplace without knowing there was body up in the fireplace that would keep the smoke from going out the chimney top.
9...Way To Go--Part 2 of the season 6 finale.

Cross-Jurisdiction is my favorite of the 9. But outside of those 9 episodes, I don't care for the original CSI.

I have changed my mind since I made ^^that^^ post. If I made ^^that^^ post now, here's how it would start:
CSI: NY rules.
CSI: Miami rocks.
CSI drools.

CSI: Miami is 3 episodes, 5 at the most, away from completely losing me as a fan. It's got to the point now I can have CSI: Miami on but I'll end up watching a CSI: NY DVD or I'll come here and post in a CSI: NY thread and just end up ignoring most of CSI: Miami. Plus CSI: Miami is becoming more like original CSI. Even when I do watch CSI: Miami instead of posting in a CSI: NY thread or watching a CSI: NY DVD, I forget most of what happened on CSI: Miami 5 minutes after the episode is over. I'm DEFINITELY doing like it says in my location over<<<there under my avatar. I'm DEFINITELY "Becoming more of a CSI: NY fan and less of a CSI: Miami fan."

Cross-Jurisdiction is my favorite of the 9. But outside of those 9 episodes, I don't care for the original CSI.
^^This^^ part of that full quote ^^at the top of this post^^ is still very true.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna say which one's better because they are all good in their own way but my favourite right now is CSI NY, followed by CSI, then Miami but I love them all.

CSI Vegas...its the original and my first love. I love all the characters, especially Greg and Nick. There episode get me more emotionally involved unlike Miami, although NY does have episodes like that. I feel more connected with Vegas, like their my own family(sounds weird)

Miami got worse when Speed died, around season 4 is when the crimes ere all about gangs and the crimes became to out of the ordinary and weird. Just give me real cases, good writing and storylines.

I think all the shows match up the same but my two most favorites are Miami and New York,Vegas has become to much of a drama show to keep my attention,but Miami is slowly losing me because I feel it's following in the drama/soap opera manner as Vegas.

Won't say what I think is better, only what I happen to like.

I always liked LV, the core characters were great, human, quirky, interesting, non glossy cut-outs, the cases were similarly quirky, and there was a dark edge to the show that kept it and me from being complacent. That kind of thing for me has become more hit and miss, and I unintentionally drifted away from it. I still watch if I'm home to catch it, but not anywhere like I used to.

I tried Miami. It's had it share of ups and downs, but for me more downs, and more cheese than is healthy in a viewing diet. I'm really really trying to be tactful here. For awhile I couldn't tell if it was poking fun at itself and the genre, if it was deliberately comic book, or if it is indeed just taking itself too seriously at times. It's the Shatner of the franchise for me, but not in the lighthearted self-aware play it up kind of way. Sorry, just IMO. I like some of the characters, but I can't even tell you the last time I managed to sit thru an entire episode, or bothered to try.

So, NY is the show I watch now. I heard a new spin off was in the works, I was cynical and skeptical. I heard New York was the city chosen, and my interest grew. I heard they snared Gary Sinise. Also peaked my interest. I suppose he's actually one reason I tuned in, to see why he'd take on the show. I was really curious what they were putting together, especially being the third in a now really entrenched and established franchise. I really liked the dark edge in S1, and again, the show had ups and downs in finding it niche, but it's had a solid cast from the get go, I like the characters, and for the most part it meets the high expectations and standards I developed due it's predecessors. It edged out LV as the one I made the effort to catch, and remained even as LV faded. There's just something about New York I gravitate towards, and something about NY that I like, no matter how hard a time I give it and TPTB on occasion.

NY whenever I can. LV if I can when it occurs to me. Miami. Sorry. Simply don't.

Last edited:
New York. I used to love Miami, but I was sick of having photoshop class twice a day. LV is interesting, but I just don't know it as well. NY has humor and tons of hot guys. Plus, I like that it has a lot on the characters.

New York. Three words- Mac, Danny, Flack. End of story. ;)

Seriously now- Miami, mainly Horatio :cool: , had always annoyed me and I used to like Vegas, except when Sara and Warrick left so suddenly, I began to lose interest- those two were amazing.

I used to watch Miami, though Ryan was probably half the reason. The Horatio-saves-damsel-in-distress-and/or-innocent-child line got old really fast for me and, along with the cheesy one-liners, sunglasses of justice and all of the Horatio-melodrama, came to outweigh even the joys of watching Wolfe and Delko. Calleigh was also always a really strong, interesting character but, again, Horatio irritated me too much to make watching Miami worthwhile. I really like that Miami does include more drama and backstory for the main characters, and really wish Vegas would do the same thing. I just don't like how 90% of said main character drama and backstory seems to be for Horatio.

I've watched a bit of NY and everything I've seen has been good. NY has to come in 2nd in my book just because it has no Horatio. I've been impressed by everything I've seen of it.

That said, Vegas is 100% number 1. I have to agree that it is kind of going downhill. S5 and S6 were amazing and, had the earlier seasons had more Greggo, they would have probably been my faves.

Overall, I have to say that the difference in leading men has definitely made a big difference for me. Grissom is complex, compelling and, most of all, not cliched. Mac seems like a believable, no-nonsense character (plus Sinise is clearly an amazing actor). Horatio, on the other hand,... I'll try to avoid bashing any more here.

Before I used to watch all the shows, but now I have time only for NY :D I started my CSI-watching with LV, continued to Miami, but prefer NY the most. Miami is too bright for me, and I didn't want to watch H any more (in the end of 6th season I was like 'YAAAY, Horatio died :thumbsup:', but when I saw the first ep of 7th season, my reaction was ':wtf: :wtf: WHAAAT. wh.. - how.. hmm?' Okay, it would be totally stupid to kill the main char, but I still think that it was weird twist). Main reason that I stopped wathing Miami was Horatio's sunglasses and Super-H -powers :guffaw: And I think that LV is a bit too boring. I try to watch it every time they show it on tv, but I never manage to sit still to the end.

Obviously I'm a CSI NY fan :D

My fave is definitely CSI Vegas. It's the one I've watched the longest. I used to watch Miami but I lost interest probably after everything with Marisol and the Mal Noches. Vegas just retains my attention and interest better, plus I prefer the characters... with a couple of exceptions but I don't want to upset anyone lol.
As much as it's going to upset me to see Grissom leave, I won't stop watching it... unless Marg Helegenberger leaves or they do something uber stupid...

CSIL3Willows
-x-

Back