What If ? (H/Y fic)

Maybe we should get the old task force together to protect Y. We'd be like bodyguards and the only person who would be allowed to go near her would be H!
Erm yeah but that would make it kinda hard for Y to do her job as a Det.

Anyways glad you guys are enjoying this.

Yelina had been called to a crime scene that morning. When she arrived there, she was surprised to find that most of the patrol officers were outside the building where the supposed murder had occured. One of the officers from patrol informed her that a bomb had been discovered inside and they were not to enter until Bomb Squad had cleared the building.

Bomb Squad. The unit she had grown to associate Horatio Caine with. He had given her his jacket on their first meeting to shelter her from the rain, and she had been touched by his simple gesture. She had been quietly pleased that Horatio turned out to be attractive, well-mannered and charming. After they had formally introduced themselves to each other, Yelina thought she detected that he was attracted to her as well. She expected him to turn up at her desk to ask her out or at least for her number. However, days passed since and he was yet to show. Perhaps she had read his intentions wrong.

The sound of screeching tires jolted Yelina out of her thoughts. She looked up to see MDPD Bomb Squad arriving. In the unit's usual fashion only two members were sent to each scene at a time, and she wondered if Horatio was one of the two. There was no way to tell, they were suited up in their protective gear, and they were all business as they entered the building.

The adrenaline coursed through Horatio's body as he entered the building. His partner Tom Jacobs at his side. His partner was the more experienced of the pair, but had decided he would let the rookie call the shots that day. He knew Horatio needed the experience and exposure.

They located the bomb in question, and true enough it was armed and set to go off if anyone attempted to tamper with it.

"Go ahead, Horatio." Tom said.

Horatio knelt down next to the black box. His protective helmet and gear felt stuffy and bulky, but Horatio knew that if anything should go wrong, his protective gear would shield them somewhat from the blast.

Horatio studied the wires running in and out of the bomb, his mind recalling what he had practiced. He has seen this kind of switch and wiring before. Slowly and gingerly he cut the wires one by one in sequence with a pair of pliers.

With a sigh of relief, he bowed his head. The bomb was disarmed. He felt Tom pat him on the back.

"Not bad for your first time."

"Thanks." Horatio said, standing up to face his partner.

"Let's get out of here and let homicide do their job." Tom said, nodding to the dead body in a corner. Horatio had been so focused on the task at hand he hadn't realised it was there. Homicide. Horatio wondered if Yelina was outside.

The two Bomb Squad members had been in the building for almost half an hour. But it seemed an eternity to Yelina. She hoped that nothing would go wrong. She watched as the two men who had previously entered the building exited. Their protective helmets now removed, she could clearly tell that Horatio was one of them. Her heart raced. Should she go up to greet him?

Horatio reached the unit issue vehicle. Tom and him removed their protective gear. Horatio was glad to be out of the protective suit. Beads of pespiration rolled down his face. He wiped the perspiration with a hand and looked up to the group of law enforcement officers a distance away. He noticed Yelina, and that put a smile on his face.

"Excuse me," Horatio told his partner. He walked towards Yelina. He had been meaning to go to PB to ask Yelina out, but he had been busy, and when he had the time he somehow couldn't work up the courage to make himself go ask her.

"Hi," He smiled at Yelina.

"Hi yourself." Yelina replied. Out of his protective suit, Horatio was dressed in a pair of jeans and fitting white T-shirt. Again, Yelina couldn't help but notice how atheletic he looked. "Looks like you saved the day."

Horatio laughed. She was dressed in white dress pants and a tight fitting blouse which Horatio thought revelaed her cleavage nicely. She looked stunning as she always did. "Would you believe if I told you today was my first time at a live bomb?"

"Honestly, I'm glad you're ok." Yelina replied smiling.

Horatio ducked his head and blushed slightly. He mustered up his courage. "I know this is neither the time nor place but I was wondering..." he shifted his weight from one leg to the other, trying to hide his nervousness.

"I err, I was wondering... I was wondering what you'd be doing on Friday night, cos I'd really like to take you out to dinner."

Yelina's was filled with relief as well as happiness. He was interested in her. "You can meet me outside PD after work."

"Great." Horatio grinned, relieved she said yes.

"I have to get to the crime scene." Yelina said.

Horatio nodded and stepped aside so that she could pass.

"So I'll see you Friday then." Horatio smiled at her as she paseed.

"Yes you will." She turned and gave him an irresistable grin.

He watched as she walked into the building. He smiled and ducked his head. If only he knew where to take her. He would have to ask Tom about that.

I'm not too familiar with bombs and stuff (why would I be?) so apologies about that part if I'm wrong about how it works.
Stay tuned for H/Y's first date!

Lunalove said:
Maybe we should get the old task force together to protect Y. We'd be like bodyguards and the only person who would be allowed to go near her would be H! :lol:

And nobody has even threaten either one of them. Yes we are obsessed with H/Y. Still healtier than smoking, wouldn't you agree? :D

Hrockz said:

Well we just cuff the suspects in a chair. Oh I'd like to try THAT technique on H.. *having naughty thoughts* (I'm human, give me a break okay? :devil: )

Ooh our couple are going on a date next time! That's gonna be gooooooooooood. If H/Y ever get together @ show, I demand scenes like these! They're touching, romantic and oooo so sweet. GREAT work.

Kit4na said:
And nobody has even threaten either one of them. Yes we are obsessed with H/Y. Still healtier than smoking, wouldn't you agree? :D

Yep, definitely! That's why 'shipping' is my only vice... ;)

Hrockz said:

Kit4na said: Well we just cuff the suspects in a chair.

Exactly! :lol:

Kit4na said: Oh I'd like to try THAT technique on H.. *having naughty thoughts* :devil:

You and me both, Tati! :devil:

Oooh! The first date! :eek: Can't wait! It really is like watching scenes from the good old days! I think we need to get Hrockz into TPTB... Another job for the task force? :lol:

k Let's do that. Let's mail Corey miller tell him we have someone who'd make a GREAT if not the BEST writer in the team..

Thanks for the compliments guys, it means alot you guys think so highly of my writing. Yeah writing for my fave show would be like a dream job for me. :D
And Tati being obsessed with H/Y is way better than smoking.

Friday took longer to arrive than it usually did for both Horatio and Yelina, and when it finally did arrive, both were filled with anticipation for the evening’s date.

The workday ended and Horatio waited outside the PD building for Yelina. Dressed smartly in a black suit and white shirt he stood, trying to hide his nervousness, next to his car. He saw Yelina exit the building, dressed for work, but she looked gorgeous nonetheless. She smiled as she walked up to him.

“Hi,” she greeted him.

“Ma’am.” Horatio smiled and nodded his head slightly. He reached into his car and pulled out a bouquet of flowers. He handed them to Yelina shyly. “For you.”

Yelina smiled. “Thanks. Where're we going?”

Horatio ducked his head and smiled. “I hope you’re in the mood for Italian. I got us a table at Mancinni’s.”

Yelina raised her eyebrows. “You’re sparing no expense are you?”

“I aim to impress.” Horatio said looking into her eyes. “I haven’t been in Miami long enough to know where to take a lady on a first date. I had help my from my partner Tom.”

“He gave good advice. I drove, so I’ll meet you there.”

Horatio nodded.

----------------------------------------

Dinner was pleasant and they exchanged small talk, discussing mainly work and the case Yelina was currently working on. After dinner they made their way to the pier, both not wanting the date to end after dinner.

They took a slow stroll enjoying the night air. Horatio picked a quiet spot, stopping to lean over the railings, he looked into the dark water. Yelina stood next to him. Side by side they watched the boats bob up and down in the marina. A comfortable silence settled between them. As the evening had progressed, they both realized they shared many common ideals regarding work, and found that they were very at ease with each other despite their brief acquaintance.

“So I hear you've quite a reputation.” Yelina spoke, still looking into the water.

Horatio turned his head, looking up at her. “And what reputation is that?"

“That you're a very good cop. That you were one of the youngest officers in NYPD to make detective.”

“You’ve been doing some research on me.” Horatio smiled.

“I like to know what I’m getting into.”

Horatio laughed. “I like to push myself, and I enjoy what I do, so making detective wasn’t that difficult.”

“So why’d you leave New York?” Yelina asked.

Horatio was silent for awhile. He turned to look back into the water. “My brother’s here and he’s been telling me how great Miami is. And…” Horatio paused again. He decided he could trust her. “My old partner in New York… he got personally involved with the vic’s wife on our last case. I didn’t want to rat on him so, I decided the best thing to do was to leave NYPD. Ray told me they had an opening at bomb squad. I thought I’d like the challenge, so here I am.”

Yelina smiled. He seemed very driven, and was such a gentleman. “That was a nice thing to do. For your partner. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone.”

“Thanks. I knew you wouldn’t.” Horatio looked at her. Her beauty captivated him. “I’ve been telling you all about myself, I think it’s time you told me about yourself.”

“Fair enough.” Yelina replied. “What do you want to know?”

“You have a slight accent, you're not from here are you?” he asked.

“I came here with my parents, brother and sister when I was eight. We were from Colombia…. So I guess you could say I sort of grew up here in Miami. My sister got married and moved to Chicago. My brother and his family are still in Miami.”

“Let me guess, you’re the youngest in the family.” Horatio said turning to lean his back against the rail.

“Yeah, and you’re the eldest.” Yelina countered.

Horatio smiled. “Yup, just Ray and me, and before you ask, I grew up in New York.”

It was getting late, and much as Yelina hated it the night had to end. “It’s getting late.”

“I’ll walk you to your car.” Horatio offered.

They started back up the pier. “How’d you like Miami?” Yelina asked.

“The weather’s a nice change from New York. And the people are nice too, especially a pretty detective I met at the beach.” He flashed her a smile.

Yelina smiled. They reached her car and she turned to face him.

"So how am I doing so far?" Horatio asked.

"Not bad considering when you told me you were with bomb squad I thought you were an egoistic adrenaline junkie who got your kicks out of defusing bombs."

Horatio laughed, looking at the ground. "I hope I proved you wrong tonight."

“You did. And thanks for dinner. I had a good time, you’re good company.”

“So are you.” Horatio said, tilting his head to look at her. “I’d like to do this again.” He was hopeful.

“So do I.” Yelina replied, she was hoping he’d ask. “But I’m busy over the weekend.”

“How does Monday night sound?” Horatio asked.

“Sounds great.”

“Great.” Horatio opened the car door for her. Yelina got in and he closed the door after her. She gave him a small wave and drove off. Horatio watched till her car disappeared into the distance before getting into his own car for the journey home.

Since very little has been revealed about Yelina in the show I had to make all her life story up. I'll reveal more of in in future instalments but I hope you guys are liking this so far.

^ Yeah I agree. We need more Y in general! So Hrockz is perfect to have around! ;)
Thanks for the wonderful up-'date' (sorry, bad joke I know). More soon, I hope. :)

Tati I love your ava, you just keep making great ones, now if you could just tell me what those words under the words "Admit It" say. Cos I really can't see them, the font's kinda too small.

The week after their first date Horatio asked Yelina out for another couple of dates, and they both found that they enjoyed each other’s company immensely. They soon developed a comfortable friendship and Horatio turned up at PD whenever he could to have lunch with her. After two weeks of dinner dates and lunches, Yelina decided she liked and trusted Horatio enough to invite him to dinner at her apartment on a Saturday evening.

Saturday came and Horatio turned up at her apartment. He was dressed smartly in a black polo tee and jeans. Wiping his palms on his jeans, he took a breath before ringing Yelina’s doorbell. She opened the door.

“You’re early.” She commented as she let him in.

“Sorry.” Horatio apologized. She was dressed in a pair of jeans and a tank top. Horatio found that he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Yelina laughed. “You’ll just have to keep yourself entertained while I finish cooking. Help yourself to a drink from the refrigerator.”

Horatio complied. “Whatever you’re cooking, smells great.”

“Compliment the food after you’ve tasted it.” She laughed.

Horatio wondered around her apartment, noticing the little details about a person one would only know if one was at the person's residence. He was glad she had invited him over, as he really did want to know her better.

Dinner was served. It was the first time Horatio had tasted the dish that Yelina cooked, but he enjoyed it. After dinner Horatio relaxed on the couch with a coffee.

Yelina joined him, sitting down with one leg tucked under her.

“Whatever it is you cooked, it was really good.” Horatio said as she sat down.

“It’s called ropa vieja. I hope you’re not saying this just to get into my good books.” She smiled.

“No, I’m telling the truth. You keep a neat house too.” He continued.

“It isn’t usually so neat,” she admitted. “My mom came over the weekend. She’s been kinda lonely since my Dad died a couple of years ago.”

Horatio nodded. “I’ll invite you to my place once I finish unpacking.”

“You bought the place?” Yelina asked.

“Yeah.” Horatio said.

“You should invite your parents for a visit too. The weather’s a nice change from New York.” Yelina said.

Horatio lowered his head. “My parents were killed when I was a teenager. My aunt took Ray and myself in.” He looked back up at her and she thought she glimpsed pain in his eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Yelina said, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze. “Was it a car accident?”

Horatio kept his gaze on the couch. “No…” He sighed. “They umm.. they were murdered.”

“I’m sorry.” Yelina couldn’t imagine the heartache he was feeling. “I shouldn’t have asked.”

“No.” Horatio squeezed her hand lightly back in return. “I don’t mind telling you these things.” He looked back up into her eyes.

“This probably sounds silly,” he continued, “we’ve known each other for only a short time but I feel like I’ve known you for a lifetime.”

Yelina smiled. “You’re not being silly. I feel the same way too. It’s like we have a connection.”

Horatio nodded relieved that she felt the same way. “Yelina, I really like you. Alot.” He had decided for some time now that he desired more than just friendship with Yelina and wanted to take their relationship one step further.

She lowered her eyes and smiled. “I really like you too.”

He laughed lightly. “It’s good to know.” His hand gently caressed her hand that was still in his.

His head slightly tilted he leaned forward to kiss her. She accepted his kiss. It felt like electricity. And now he knew what it was like to kiss her and to him the feeling was amazing. As they broke the kiss she smiled shyly, lowering gaze to the floor.

He smiled at her, “I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did.”

“I’m not sure,” she teased. “I think you’re just gonna have to kiss me again for me to make up my mind.”

He smiled and they leaned towards each other for another kiss. Before their lips could meet, Horatio’s cellphone rang.

Horatio gave her an apologetic smile. “Excuse me.” He said as he answered the call. He listened intently before replying, “I’m on my way.”

“Duty calls?” she asked.

“I’m afraid so. There’s been a bomb threat. I’m sorry I’ll make it up to you.”

“Don’t worry.” Yelina squeezed his knee. “I understand.”

He leaned forward to plant a quick kiss on her cheek. “I’ll call you.”

He stood up and walked to the door.

“Horatio,” she turned to him. “Be careful.”

“Always.” He smiled back at her before letting himself out of her apartment.

I know the storylines may seem a little recycled from my first fic, it's just part of the H/Y story that I feel have to be mentioned.
And thanks Tati and Lucy for answering my querry on H's fave dish.
It's ropa vieja, and now we know why it's his fave dish ;)

oooooooh they kissed! *squeee* *squee* *squee* !!!

thanks for the yet again briliant update.

Oh and regarding ur question I don't know either cause I dowloaded that brush somewhere. It's not really susposed to be readable, it just looks coooooooool :p

Ah, kiss. Kiss some more, please. (Both here and on the show). No wonder Ropa Vieja is H's favorite dish. ;)
The last two lines reminds me of 'Simple Man' and their first conversation (that we see, of course). Y says 'Just be careful, Horatio' and H replies 'If I did that, it would take all the fun out of it. I'll call you'. Ok, so his answer in the epi is the exact opposite, but still... :)

I found out what the text under your avvie says Tati. It from a song called Vicarious by a band called Tool. Here are the complete lyrics:

Eye on the T.V. 'cause tragedy thrills me.
Whatever flavor it happens to be like..
"Killed by the husband",
"Drowned by the ocean",
"Shot by his own son",
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye".
That's my kinda story.
It's no fun until someone dies.

Don't look at me like I am a monster.
Thrown out your one face,
But with the other.
Stare like a junkie into the T.V..
Stare like a zombie,
While the mother holds her child.
Watches him die.
Pleads to the sky crying:
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
Why can't we just admit?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.
Neither the brave nor bold
, or writers of stories told.
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.

I need to watch things die.. from a good safe distance.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.
You all feel the same so..

Why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down.
Drown on grave and ground.

Part vampire.
Part warrior.
Carnivore and voyeur.
Stare at the transmitter.
Sing to the death rattle.

Lie (4x)

(Background news headline)

Credulous, divest your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out.
Your head believes it give a listen.
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile,
So impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is,
So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy.
It's like blood to a vampire.

Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
Much better you than I.
-
Not very romantic, huh? :rolleyes: :lol: But your avvie still looks amazing, though! :)

Like I said I downloaded that brush and the admit it was suitable for H/Y. Didn't think any of you guys would ever try to read the small text or ask about it..

I spy a crazy danish! :p

Kit4na said: the admit it was suitable for H/Y.
More like totally perfect! Well we know that Y isn't in denial, but as for H... WOULD YOU JUST ADMIT IT ALREADY! Everybody knows it anyway, so just GET TO IT! (Or get on with it :p :devil:)
Thank the Lords and Ladies for Hrockz!

I spy a crazy danish! :p

What? *spoken in a rusty Italian mafia accent with accompanying shoulder shrug* :lol:

Back