What Are Your Other Favourite Fandoms?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lucy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)?
    CSI, NCIS, Bones, House, Charmed, The Office, Scrubs, That 70's Show, Law & Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Angel, Will & Grace, Medium, Ghost Whisperer..

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    I have a couple of DVD's from some of these series.

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time?
    Charmed.. I was so addicted to it..

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?
    Nope.

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time?
    Sunshine.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress?
    George Eads, Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly.

7. Who is your favourite author?
    Dean Koontz.

8. What is your favourite book?
    Don't really have one.

2. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

NCIS, CSI, CSI New York, Heroes, Private Practice, Without a Trace, Dexter, 24, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: CI and Grey's Anatomy

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    A couple of DVD's

At this moment I'm addicted to NCIS.

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?
    I recently bought the Jason Bourne collection. I have some movies, but I like TV shows more (but good movies too of course).

Memento

Jack Coleman, Greg Grunberg, Paul Adelstein, Sean Murray, Chandra Wilson are my current favourites

I'm not a book reader type

see question nr 7

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Gilmore Girls, M*A*S*H, House, Knight Rider (I don't know why, maybe it's Mr. Feeny lol), Boy Meets World, Scrubs, Whose Line is it Anyway?, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Diagnosis Murder

Nothing beyond the DVDs for them.

I think Diagnosis Murder and CSI are kinda tied. They're both shows I can watch with my mom, which I like.

No.

Lately, We Are Marshall.

Eric Szmanda, Rory Cochrane (both for roles other than their CSI ones), Johnny Depp, Matt Damon

I like Catherine Coulter's mystery novels a lot, and I really like John Grisham.

Probably "The Chamber" by John Grisham. I've read it a bunch of times, and have seen the movie a few times too (but that's also because Chris O'Donnell is extremely good looking... ;)).

4. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

All three CSI's, NCIS, Bones and House.

I only have DVD's of all three CSI shows, and some CSI books.

The CSI shows, mostly Miami now.

Nope.

Can't pick one, there are too many good movies :p

Eric Szmanda, Jonathan Togo, Emily Procter, Jake Gyllenhaal.

Don't have one.

The only books I read are CSI books, but I don't really have a favourite. I like them all :)

5. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

1. What other TV shows do you really like?
    Bones, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Higher Ground, S Club 7 in Miami/LA/Hollywood, and The Real World: Key West.

I'm pretty sure that I have every book imaginable on S Club 7.

Yikes... This is a tough one. I could watch S Club 7 in Miami/LA/Hollywood all day, but I'm not sure if it's my favorite show of all time. Maybe Brothers & Sisters for the interesting storylines, great writing, and amazing acting. Or maybe CSI: Miami. I'm not really sure.

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection?
    Can't say that I do. I'm not too big on movies, actually.

Probably Titanic. Again, I'm not big on movies, but it's the first one that came to mind and one that I definitely wouldn't mind watching again.

Several. TV/Movies: Sally Field, Kate Winslet, Eva La Rue, Rachel Griffiths, and Diane Neal. Broadway: Celia Keenan-Bolger, Cheyenne Jackson, Daphne Rubin Vega, Lea Salonga, and the entire cramazing cast of [title of show] (Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen, Susan Blackwell, and Heidi Blickenstaff).

So it might be a crap answer, but I'm going to go with J.K. Rowling. Her writing, as detailed and long as it may be, is easy to read, and the entire magical world that she created is just incredible.

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Present: only CSI.
    Past: Star Trek (TOS, Voyager, Deep Space Nine), Stargate, The X-Files, Will & Grace, Friends, Scrubs, According to Jim... I watched a lot of shows, hard to write them all.

No, here it's impossible to buy anything.

CSI

No, but I would love to have all movies by Ingmar Bergman and Lars von Trier.

That's really hard... "Hawaii, Oslo".

George Eads, Cillian Murphy, Max von Sydow, Hugh Dancy, Steve McQueen, Jude Law...
    Liv Ullman, Bibi Andersson, Harriet Andersson, Liv Tyler, Elizabeth Taylor...

James Joyce, William Faulkner, Boleslaw Prus, George Orwell, Franz Kafka, Elfriede Jelinek, Mika Waltari, Lars Saabye Christiansen, Viktor Pielevin, Majgull Axelsson... it's impossible to have only one.

"Ullisess" by James Joyce

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ncis, bones, arrested development, how i met your mother, big bang theory, angel

i have the entire series of angel and arrested development on dvd

arrested development and ncis (too close to call!)

pirates of the caribbean, and not really a collection but kevin smith movies with jay and silent bob

eee, dont think i could pick. but if i wanted to watch a movie and didnt know what i wanted i would probably go for love actually or dogma... or disneys hercules :lol: could i pick 3 more different movies??

johnny depp

i dont read as much as i should, i only read chick lit when im at the beach or something :eek: so i guess sophie kinsella?

i read a book called 'geek love' for a book report in high school, it was really weird and pretty good. plus i dont want to put down shopaholic :p :lol:

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

1. Bones, NCIS, Prison Break, ER, Without A Trace
    2. Nope
    3. CSI Miami
    4. Star Wars :bolian:
    5. The entire Start Wars movie series, all 6 of them!
    6. David Caruso (for now.... :cool:), on the big screen I'd have to say Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Pierce Brosnan, Keanu Reeves.
    7. Kathy Reichs at the moment although I do like Jeffery Archer and John Grishom
    8. None really I don't give books a seond read, except the Bible! :lol:

9. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I was into Buffy the vampire slayer, friends, Mash, Family guy, Deal or no Deal.

I have a poster of Sarah Michelle Gellar and the first 6 seasons of CSI :)

Probably CSI

Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter

Steal Magnolias

Several: William Petersen, Orlando Bloom, Jorja Fox, Ewan McGregor, George Eads.....

J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter series

10. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Hmm... this is going to be a mad long list. I've been watching TV forever... so, ya know... you get a lot of favorites because of that.
    Bones, House, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Cold Case, Wildfire, Greek, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, 'Til Death, Wild Card, Strong Medicine, Reba, The Golden Girls, The Nanny, Frasier, Law & Order (with Jerry Orbach and Jesse L. Martin only), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Charmed, The Simpsons, Futurama, Scrubs, Mythbusters, Ghost Hunters, Tripping the Rift, Special Unit 2, Sliders, The X-Files, Heroes, Prison Break, Friends, and a ton more that I just can't think of at the moment!

Um... I have the first season of Prison Break on DVD. I plan on owning the second and third (once it comes out, that is). I have a couple Prison Break, Bones, House, and American Idol posters, but that's pretty much it.

Oh, man, you really know how to put a girl on the spot, now, don't ya? I'd say, with 100% certainty, that it would be Bones. I absolutely love David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, and I was so enthralled with the books that inspired the series that I just can't help but love it in every way possible.

Oh, this is easy, but very long. I love all of the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaborations to date, the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, anything directed by Tim Burton... period, anything directed by Gore Verbinski, and all of Johnny Depp's movies. (Does anyone notice a pattern?)

AUGH! That's REALLY hard to choose. If I had to choose, it would be the one movie that I could watch over and over again and never get sick of it. That movie is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It's so incredibly well done, and I love it. I also own the broadway play on DVD, so I watch that too, just to remember that the movie isn't perfect.

Uh... Johnny Depp for actor, Jorja Fox for actress.

Jane Austen, Iris Johansen, Kathy Reichs, and Stephen King.

The Temperance Brennan Series by Kathy Reichs
    Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and Emma by Jane Austen
    It by Stephen King
    The Ugly Duckling and On The Run by Iris Johansen

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

1. What other TV shows to you really like (past or present)
    CSI (Vegas & NY), MASH, Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, Dukes of Hazard, Star Trek (all of them), original Battlestar Galactica, NCIS, NASCAR, JAG, Criminal Minds, AirWolf, Seaquest, Earth 2

2. Do you collect merchendise/memorabilia from any of these shows?
    Yes. Mostly books but I have cups, and props from Star Trek.

3. What would you say is your one favorite show of all time?
    Miami Vice

4. Do you have a favorite movie collection?
    Star Wars. (Indiana Jones is a close second!) Fell in love with it the moment the first movie started. :lol:

5. What would you say is your one favorite movie of all time?
    Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. I've seen it so often that I fall asleep in the middle and when I wake up I can recite the next line!

6. Do you have a favorite actor or actress?
    George Eads, Harrison Ford

7. Who is your favorite Author?
    Ann McCaffrey, Clive Cussler, Jack Higgins

8. What is your favorite Book?
    The Dragon Riders Series, The Dirk Pitt novels

Susan

12. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Criminal Minds, House, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Kyle XY, The Hills, Buffy, Dirt, Damages, Cold Case, Friends, and I'm sure the list goes on....

Just DVDs from some of them.

Ooo, that's a toughie. I don't know! It used to be House, but then that show started to suck this season, but it redeemed itself in part one of their finale this year. I really don't know.

No I don't.

Either The Breakfast Club or White Oleander. I haven't watched the latter in a while, but I'm sure it's still up there. ;)

Yes I do. Jennifer Morrison from House.

Another toughie. I can't pick! I love them all.

Uh...that's a tie. The Outsiders and My Sister's Keeper (although I will never forgive Jodi Picoult for the ending!).

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Without a Trace, Scrubs, The OC, House, Studio 60, Friends, Hollyoaks, Waking The Dead, Spooks,Skins, Torchwood

Mainly DVDs if i have the money.

At the moment its Scrubs and CSI NY

Tim Burton I really enjoy

The Lion King
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Stigmata

Have to Many to actually have one.

Brad Pitt as much as his is gorgeous i love most of the films he's been in. Johnny Depp and also Carmine and Eddie from NY they are amazing in my book

Roald Dahl.... mainly because been reading his adult book recently and its just brilliant.

Mummy Laid and Egg - A childrens book which i still love
    The Da Vinci Code.

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

oooh, I love these kind of questions
    Pretty much any American drama or comedy :) Lost, Heroes, ER, Pushing daisies, West Wing, Friends, Bones, 24, Greys Anatomy. But also like some classic homegrown shows - Dr Who, Torchwood, Gavin and Stacey
    Have all the Friends and West Wing DVDs but that is far as it goes
    Tough choice but I have to go with the West Wing (with Friends a very close second)
    I love the Harry Potter films
    One that i can watch again and again - Sleepless in Seattle :lol: I love shippy fluff!
    Not really - I like everyone!
    I tend to go for chicklit but love J K Rowling. My head is always in a book!
    The Deathly Hallows

15. keich

keich CSI Level One

Mostly crime shows/drama like Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, Bones, Cold Case, Without A Trace, The Closer, Women's Murder Club (sucks that it got axed), and Shark (this one too) to name a select few. I also love watching gag shows like SNL and MadTV, and then there's the sci-fi stuff like Moonlight and Firefly. I used to watch a lot of reality shows but now I just watch American Idol.

Yes, I have DVDs of SVU. I'm saving up to expand my collection.

SVU. Hands down.

I have all the LotR extended versions, and I just found out my older sister bought all the Star Wars movies.

All the Shrek movies. I love a good laugh.

Cate Blanchett, Johnny Depp, Diane Neal

Dan Brown

Dan Brown's Angels and Demons