What Are Your Other Favourite Fandoms?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lucy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)?

Heroes, Brothers & Sisters, Supernatural, House MD, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Friends, Dawson's Creek, 21 Jump Street, De Lama's (a Dutch show), Gilmore Girls, Criminal Minds, NCIS, COld Case, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Dharma & Greg, Two guys, a girl and a pizza place, Full House, The Cosby Show

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?

DVDs, books and the CSI head.

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time?

Heroes :D

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?

POTC, Back To The Future, Spider-Man and Harry Poter

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time?

I can't pick just one movie :lol:
    Singing in the rain, The Goonies,The Breakfast Club, The Fugitive and Walk The Line.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress?

Gene Kelly, Milo Ventimiglia, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, James Stewart, Johnny Depp, Robin Williams

7. Who is your favourite author?

Don't realy have a favourite one

8. What is your favourite book?

Don't really got a favourite book right now.

2. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

My other favorite fandom's

Answer's

Q:1 - Charmed, Buffy, Angel, ER, Survivor, Friends, Ghost Hunter's, Quincy, Columbo, Starsky & Hutch, Hill Street BLues, and more.

Q:2 - I have the "Starsky & Hutch" lunch pail, all season's of CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, CSI board game, CSI puzzles, all series of "Survivor's.

Q:3 - "Columbo"

Q:4 - All Classic's, "Gone with the Wind Series", "Bud Abott, and Lou Costello collection", "Laural, and Hardy Collection", "Ma, and PA Kettle collection".

Q:5 - "Gone with the Wind"

Q:6 - "Vivian Leigh"

Q:7 - "Julie Garwood" followed by Nora Roberts"

Q:8 - Romance Novels

3. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

Friends, CSI, CSI:NY, ER, McLeods Daughters

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    DVDs

CSI and McLeods Daughters

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?
    Harry Potter Series

Step Up

Reese Witherspoon, George Clooney, Brad Pitt

Don't have one

Don't have one

4. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

Past: Alias, Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly. There's a couple more, but I'm blanking at the moment.
    Present: CSI:NY/LV, Ugly Betty, Battlestar Galactica, Torchwood, and Bionic Woman.
    Nah, never been much of a collector.
    Regardless of how much I love the CSIs, I gotta say Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The characters, the friendships, the villains, the storylines, it was just awesome. It was my first big fandom, too.
    Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Without a doubt, The Fifth Element.
    Not so much, I'm pretty general.
    See answer above.
    Harry Potter.

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I used to be obsessed with Stargate SG1, the only other show I would read & write fanfics about regularly.
    My list of favorite shows is long, hope I'm not forgetting any important ones:

ER, Friends, Six Feet Under, X-files, Ally McBeal, 7th Heaven, Queer As Folk, The L Word, Law & Order SVU & Criminal Intent, Viper, and some German shows

I watched a lot more but they weren't all "favorites" :p

No.

Hard to choose, CSI used to be, and Stargate. Now I'm kinda hooked on SVU cause my girlfriend makes me watch it almost every day.

Silence Of The Lambs/Hannibal/Red Dragon

There are a lot of good movies out there, too many to pick just one favorite.

Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Louise Lombard, Sharon Stone, Scarlett Johansson, Helen Mirren, to name a few... the list could go on over 3 pages if you let em ;)

Virginia Woolf, Günter Grass

A Haunted House by Virginia Woolf. (Short Stories)
    Especially "Monday Or Tuesday"

I just know I forgot something...

6. jencsimiamigrl

jencsimiamigrl Hit and Run

#1: Third Watch, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, early ER with George Clooney on it, Chips
    #2 : Not really unless some DVD's count of a few seasons
    #3: Favorite of all time, too hard to pick
    #4 :Have a Yoda figure from Star wars, no collection
    #5: I like the Shrek series, Top Gun, Footloose, Dirty Dancing
    #6 : Favorite actor/ actress: Will Smith, Shemar Moors, Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson,
    #7: Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell, Iris Johansen( new favorite)
    #8: The Stephanie Plum series, anything with Kay Scarpetta, and Tempe Brennan(even if i'm not much a fan of Bones the show)

7. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

There's quite a few that I watch, but these ones are my all time favorites-->
    X-Files, NCIS, ER, JAG, West Wing, Xena, Grey's Anatomy and Charmed.

I had Xena action figures that I've since sold on eBay hehe, I also have the Mulder and Scully action figures from the movie. I've also got Xena and XF t shirts, which I absolutly adore. Oh and my Grey's Anatomy calendar that I got for xmas hehe. And a necklace with the little charmed symbol on it. I'll remember more stuff later I bet lol.

Definitly X-Files, I grew up with it and it gives me happy memories of a person I don't see anymore.

Not really into movie collections, but I do like Harry Potter.

I like the corny, sad movies and the ones with big disasters, I can't choose a favorite, okay, okay, maybe Pearl Harbour (Oh so many people thought it sucked but I thought it was brilliant)

Emma Thompson, Emily Procter, Gillian Anderson, George Clooney, Patrick Dempsey, James Nesbitt and just recently, Eva La Rue just made the list hehe.

Robin Cook.

I can't choose my favourite of all time, it's too hard, but right now I'm re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird, I really like it.

8. Nick_Stokes

Nick_Stokes Dead on Arrival

Nice thread, my turn :)
    CSI: LV, Prison Break, Heroes, Lost, Burn Notice, The 4400, Life, Jericho, Traveler, John Doe

John Doe on DVD, Prison Break 1, 2 seasons on DVD

CSI and Prison Break

Hm Fast and Furious, Saw, Taxi

Maybe "Leon The Professional"

Robert Knepper, George Eads, Dominic Purcell, Adam Sandler

None

Don't have one

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

CSI Vegas, CSI New York, CSI Miami, That Seventies Show, Beverly Hills 90210, Days of Our Lives, Passions, Will and Grace, Supernataural, NASCAR, The Simpsons, Rugrats, Rockos Modern Life, Spongebob and Smallville

Got CSI Vegas Seasons 1-7 on DVD, That Seventies Show Seasons 1-7 on DVD, couple seasons of Beverly Hills 90210, and I have a bunch of Dale Earnhardt Jr DVDs.

CSI and That Seventies Show

Pirates of the Carribbean, Child's Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scary Movie.

Umm Can't list just one :rolleyes: Sweet Home Alabama, Walk the Line, Ladder 49, Man In the Moon, The Rundown, Dazed and Confused, How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days and A Time To Kill.

Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Josh Lucas, Matthew McConaughey

Stephen King

Christine, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Woot! Another Animorphs fan! Yayyy! I just found them after Christmas last year but I've already read them all and started to reread. If you want to PM me I know an active RP...

Bones,Forever Knight, New Amsterdam,Moonlight,Tracker,Highlander,Buffy/Angel,Due South,Roswell

Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    I have a Buffy/Angel shirt and several books,one Bones book,one Forever Knight book and lots of Highlander stuff...hat,shirt,necklace,pin,cup and all the books...I'm still ticked that I lost my katana pen though! oh and Bones S1 DVD and a poster from the Tracker press kit

argh I can't pick just one lol

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection?
    not really...not even the Highlander movies because they stink big time

again, it's really hard to pick

Gary Sinise :)

James Gurney

Animorphs books,Temperance Brennan novels,Dinotopia,Warriors,Guardians of Ga'Hoole,TV tie ins like CSI,Buffy,Angel,ect,...but probably my all time fave would be either Dinotopia: A Land Apart From Time or The Stand.

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Criminal Minds, ER, Supernatural, Friends, Seinfeld, Family Guy, Married with Children

2.Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    Not really, no. Can't say that I do that for CSI either :lol:

Well, CSI:NY obviously. For the rest of them I didn't joined any forums or even bothered to look for them on the web.

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection?
    Hmm..Can't say that either :lol: I love to go to the cinema to watch them, and I am not into collecting DVDs for movies (maybe because were I currently live I don't have the space for that)

Well, I'll say that at this moment it's a tie between Philadelphia and Pulp Fiction.

Ah well, Carmine Giovinazzo :lol: and Johnny Depp. As for actress, I think I always liked Julia Roberts.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

On Love and Other Demons, a really fascinating and disturbing love story between a priest and a girl who was suspected that she was possessed and spent half of her life in a monastery. I also like The Silence of the Lams, I never remember the author's name, but I've read it for about 20 or more times :D

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  12. Della

Della Police Officer

Present: Numb3rs, NCIS, House, QI – Quite Interesting, Waking the Dead, Monk (first 2 and ¾ seasons only), Spooks (First four seasons only)

Past: Morse, Wexford, Cadfael, Silent Witness, A Touch of Frost, Foyle’s War, The District, The Prisoner, Danger Man, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mission Impossible (first three seasons only), Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Stargate SG-1 (First six Seasons only), Dr Who (Mainly Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee), Star Trek (TOS and TNG only), Taxi, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Mainly the first three Seasons), Casualty (Mainly S1-16), CSI Miami (Mainly the first three seasons), SeaQuest, Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea (Mainly the first two Seasons), McCloud, Diagnosis Murder, Starsky & Hutch, TJ Hooker, Bergerac, Boon, Porridge, Open All Hours, Rising Damp, Takeshi Castle... aaaand I think I’d better leave it there, though I’m sure there are more – chuckle.

DVD Box Sets: Morse, Cadfael, A Touch of Frost, Foyle’s War, Spooks, (first four seasons), NCIS (frist three seasons), Numb3rs (Season 1 & 2, the rest unavailable in the UK), House (Season 1&2 at the moment), The Dick Van Dyke Show (All five Seasons), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (First three seasons), Stargate SG-1 (First six seasons), Taxi (First season only, others not available in UK), Casualty (Seasons 1-3, others not available) Monk (First three seasons), CSI Miami (first three seasons), Bergerac (first three seasons), TJ Hooker (Seasons 1 & 2), Mission Impossible (Season 1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer (First four seasons only), Danger Man (first season only at the moment).

Books: Star Trek (from TOS and TNG), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 3 Diagnosis Murder book (Only bought so that I could have a stronger base of opinion on Lee Goldman's writing and maintaining of characterisation than he gave the Fanfic community when he dissed the entire community after reading one MPreg story he’d been sent to read – The Twat!! – Btw, he is aware of how I feel about him and his opinion – I also thought that the 10% he got from my purchasing 3 books of his was worth my paying it to leave my opinion on his site), Mission Impossible, Casualty and Morse Companion Books.

An Original Series Starship Enterprise made of pewter and a Star Trek TNG T-shirt, which I do still wear on occasion (sad as that might be – chuckle).

Criminy, I honestly couldn’t name an all time favourite. I watched for differing reasons and still do. Sorry... I mean Numb3rs, House and NCIS are definitely up there, as is Morse, Cadfael and Foyle’s War, but when I look at my list above, well, there are others that are as equally favourite.

Indiana Jones Trilogy, Star Wars Trilogy (the first three movies only), Lord of the Rings Trilogy. All the Star Trek Movies, Back to the Future and French Connection.

Golly, again I couldn’t pick one. There are sooo many. Um, “To Kill A Mockingbird”, “The Keys of the Kingdom”, “Gentlemen’s Agreement”, “Roxanne”, “Plains Trains and Auotmobiles”, “LA Story”, and so on and so on. All watched for varying reasons and yet are still very much a favourite of mine.

Actor: Gregory Peck, Steve Martin, Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt, River Pheonix (would loved to have seen more from him *sniffle*), Anthony Hopkins, Derek Jacobi, Richard Widmark, Craig T Nelson and probably a few more that I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Actress: Ingrid Bergman, Joanna Cassidy, Ava Gardner, Meryl Streep, Sean Young, Darryl Hannah

Ellis Peters, Arthur Conan Doyle and Shakespeare

Quite a few to be honest, some from TV, such as Buffy and Star Trek, and some from non-fiction, such as things to do with Quantum Physics, Physics, Biographies and the like.

~~

Sorry for the long post, but I am a bit of a TV and Movie buff *blush*

:)

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well i love; Smallvielle ( sorry spelling mistake!), Doctor Who, Torchwood, X files, X files.... Star Trek! Stargate, Waking the dead,

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have? Have collected book on Star Trek and Doctor who, also Dvd's of CSI Las Vegas, which i have all and most of Buffy the Vampire slayer only on VHs, but am looking for good deals on DVD.

Of all time its CSI Las Vegas baby!

I would say its a close tie between Harry Potter and Lord of the rings, and Star Trek.

Hmm of all time... Schindlers List.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress?- Eric Szmanda and George Eads
    7. Who is your favourite author? L K Hamilton
    8. What is your favourite book? not found a favourite book as such, just good authors.

14. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

MASH,Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, CSI:NY, Crimnal Minds, Boston Legal, Allo Allo
    MASH-All Seasons plus a couple of tees, Grey's Anatomy-Seasons 1-3 and soundtracks,CSI:NY-Seasons 1 and 2, Boston Legal- Seasons 1-3, Allo Allo seasons 1-4
    MASH/Grey's Anatomy
    St Trinians/Indiana Jones/Star Wars

Remains of The Day
    Kate Walsh/Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman/Johnny Depp
    J.K Rowling

The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak or To Kill a Mockbird by Harper Lee

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

(besides the CSI shows) Alias, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, Upright Citizens Brigade, Bones, Las Vegas, 30 Rock, The Office, Heroes, NewsRadio, Glory Days, Keen Eddie, Roswell, Tru Calling, Scrubs, Arrested Development, NCIS, The 4400

Magazines, t-shirts, books, season DVDs, i have all the Grey's Anatomy soundtracks

die hard 'Alias' fan to every extent of the word

not a fan of the saga movies

it's a tie b/t 'Young Frankenstein' and 'A League of their Own'

Jennifer Garner, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristen Bell, Katherine Heigl, Jenna Fischer, George Eads, Michael Vartan, Carmine Giovinazzo, Josh Duahmel

Kathy Reichs

Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King