What Are Your Other Favourite Fandoms?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lucy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Outside of the CSI Franchise, I was wondering what other fandoms you enjoy? Please feel free to provide as many answers as you like (apart from questions #3 & #5). :D

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)?
    2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time?
    4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?
    5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time?
    6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress?
    7. Who is your favourite author?
    8. What is your favourite book?

One final question:

2. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well I like NCIS a lot and a couple others like Prison Break etc. In the past I used to watch Spin City but it got cancelled after S6 :(

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?

I only have the dvd's of CSI Miami and 2 csi miami books..

CSI Miami, no doubt about it :)

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?

James Bond!

Thunderbal (James Bond movie)

Actor: Pierce Brosnan (He's just briliant and not only as James Bond). Second it'd probably be David Caruso!
    Actress: Maybe Sandra Bullock, I like her the best. I also like Sofia Milos ..

Not really much of a book reader, comic books? YES!

One of the csi miami books, Heat Wave.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)? That is a logical question. [​IMG] Most long time board members know I like any of the Star Treks. Also Mission: Impossible (TOS & TNG, not the movies), WKRP (TOS & TNG), L&O (and spin offs), The Prisoner, Search, Kung Fu, and too many others to mention.

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have? Trek: books, posters, Tribble, models. M:I: books. Search: books. CSI: books. Columbo: companion book. The Prisoner: companion book. Kung Fu: companion book.

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time? Mission: Impossible (TOS).

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)? Star Trek

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time? Hard to call, but possibly Our Man Flint.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? Too many (sorry Emily). That's like going into Baskin Robbins and trying to pick a favorite flavor.

7. Who is your favourite author? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

8. What is your favourite book? Can't decide.

4. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Not counting CSI, I'm a big fan of "Supernatural". I also watch "Lost", "Prison Break" and "Grey's Anatomy".

Only the DVD boxes.

CSI, without a doubt.

I have some trilogies: "The Godfather" and "Back to the Future". I have both "Kill Bill" movies and I also collect movies starring Tom Hanks.

"The Shawshank Redemtpion".

Tom Hanks and Naomi Watts

Stephen King

Four Seasons by Stephen King

5. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)? CROSSING JORDAN!!! The first crime drama I ever watched... sad eh? :) I also like Firefly, Ghost Whisperer, Futurama, the Simpsons, South Park and, last but not least, House.

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have? If I had any money to collect the stuff, I would. So far I only have a T-Shirt with "CSI" on the front and "Sarcasm is one of many free services I offer" (custom made :p)

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time? That would be a tie between Crossing Jordan and Futurama.

]b]4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?[/b] No... I don't really watch movies.

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time? Well, that's a toughy. I LOVED Cats & Dogs, but The Simpsons Movie was HILARIOUS.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? Nope, not really.

7. Who is your favourite author? Jennifer Donolly or Catherine Gavin.

8. What is your favourite book? A Northern Light by Jennifer Donolly

Well... I guess that's it.

6. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Other than the 3 CSI's, I like to watch Without A Trace, Psych, Firefly, Law and Order: SVU, and Cold Case.

I have "Without A Trace" Season 1 on DVD, "CSI: Miami" seasons 1-3 on DVD, and "CSI: NY" seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I also have all the CSI: LV/Miami/NY books, and somewhere I have a LV t-shirt.

CSI: NY

I like "Oceans 11", 12, and 13, and "Pirates of the Carribbean" is okay.

National Treasure

My favorite actor would either have to be Matt Damon, Nicholas Cage, or George Clooney. I'm not really sure who my favorite actress is.

There really isn't any author that I particulary like more than any other one.

I love way to many books to be able to pick just one!

7. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Criminal Minds is my favourite, The Hills, Newport Harbor, Criss Angel Mindfreak. :p

No, I don't. :p I have CSI pants though, but that's the CSI fandom.

That's hard. Probably CSI. The original.

Not really.

I don't know. :S I love Man On Fire, though.

I don't know. :lol: I was really obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley when I was little, lol.

I don't really read much, haha.

I love The Clique Series. :)

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

L&Os (mostly CI, but original is good as well, SVU I feel it's blah) then 24, House, ER, Without a Trace, Cold Case, Boston Legal, The Simpsons and *blush* Heartbeat (Yes all british people, you can laugh at me now :p), Green Wing

Not really since badly available here :p if dvds don't count :lol:

ARRRGH! So hard... but I have to say ER

The Tarantino Collection... wait? that doesn't count?
    Hmm... Blade then?

LA Confidental

David Caruso :p (then comes Bruce "The Man" Willis, Kiefer Sutherland, Sean Connery and of course, Colin Firth ;) )
    Actress would be Helen Hunt, Candice Bergen and Joanna Lumley - she's the best

9. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Mostly reality shows and teen drama. But I really like The Soup, South Park and other shows that are comedy. Or that make me laugh a lot for that matter.

I don't collect only cause I don't work and my parents are cheap.

Mhm, this is really hard. I would have to say The Soup. Joel McHale is sexy.

No not really. I'm not that into movie sequels.

Seriously? Finding Nemo. :D

Adam Rodriguez.

I don't read a lot. Only for school I read.

My favorite book has to be The Catcher in the Rye only because the author, J.D. Salinger, wrote it in an informal way and it was set mostly in NYC.

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes, that counts! ;)

I suppose I should give my answers...

Battlestar Galactica (2003 version), House, Heroes, The Lost World, The X-Files, The West Wing, the first 3 seasons of CSI Miami, Doc Martin! (see Ducky, no need to feel embarrassed by Heartbeat) ;)

Other than DVDs, I have some BSG bits and pieces - books, soundtracks (brilliant score by Bear McCreary) & posters.

Battlestar Galactica (2003 version) :D

I love Star Wars IV, V & VI, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, & the Indiana Jones films.

It's a tie between Witness or Shadowlands.

Eddie Olmos, Hugh Laurie, Colin Firth, Harrison Ford, Mary McDonnell, Helen Mirren, Judy Dench.

Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, JRR Tolkien, Ian McEwan.

Persuasion by Jane Austen.

11. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Oh, this is a brilliant idea and thread! :D

Well, of course CSI (and its spin-offs, CSI:Miami and CSI:NY)), though Miami is starting to annoy me, and New York is on hiatus until Chanel 5 has finished airing S7 of original CSI. I watch Numb3rs and House religiously at the moment and I catch some old re-runs of The Simpsons and Family Guy at some times. I also watch Extreme Home Makeover:Home Edition and Star Trek: TNG (God, I love Picard) and has recently started watching Heroes. Trouble is , it airs the same time as CSI:Miami. Previously, I watched every crime-show possible and I still enjoy L&O (especially SVU) and Cold Case. And Scrubs of course, but it airs too late unfortnantely. :(

I am also a huuuge fan of BBC's new production of Robin Hood. :D October 6th I tell you. Also, I love about everything Auntie Beeb has given us, Doctor Who for example.

For the anime-TV-series I enjoy Ouran Host Club High School. It makes me happy.

Well, I have a CSI T-shirt and the Fingerprint kit bought from the CBS store in New York. I also have one book, "Cold Burn", and DVD boxes CSI (fourth season) and CSI:Miami (first season) respectively. Not so much TV-series merchandise, but I do have a lot of Star Wars memorabilia! :lol:

I can't. I'd love to say CSI, because I truly adore the show, but I think it is a tie in between Robin Hood and CSI.

I have the entire DVD box for LOTR, special edition. I also have Star Wars episodes 4,5,6,2 and 3, but my dear brother "borrowed" it to a friend who claimed it had been "stolen". :mad: My little brother still owes me money.

Ahh! To hard! Star Wars: "The Empire Strikes Back" and "A New Hope" are two of them. But I also love "The Silence of The Lambs". And anything Disney or Austen-ish.

Yes, I have. :D A lot of them actually. While William Petersen is lovely and all that, the price goes to Sir Anthony Hopkins. The man can play creepy and still be HOT! Same goes to Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort...*dies*) and a lot of other men out there, but Anthony Hopkins makes me swoon. I am also a sucker for Keith Allen and Alan Rickman for both making the most creepy and loveable Sheriffs of Nottingham. And Richard Armitage for Guy of Gisbourne and Harrison Ford (for looking outrageously good at 60-ish. He looks the same as ever!) for Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Also, House Laurie wins the special award.:lol: And Christopher Lee, because no one is cooler than Christopher Lee.

I do not have a favourite female actress right now, but I do like Jorja Fox, Anjali Jay, Miranda Otto and Jodie Foster. I also have a major thing for Helena Bonham-Carter and have find myself crushing on Natalie Portman and Natalia Tena. For older actresses it is Carrie Fisher and Rosalind Russell.

Could see that one coming...*headdesk* I do not have an outspoken favourite author, because I believe that all authors are different and writes differently. Compare Henry David Throeau with JK Rowling for example. Different speech, different genre etc. I can't compare those two.

But I love the Lord of the Rings-books by J.R.R Tolkien and I actually love most fantasy or science fiction books. Take a look at my bookcase and tell me how many Star Wars books you've found. I love the Thrawn Triology written by Timothy Zahn, because it had my faith restored after the ending of Star Wars episode 6.

I love Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte and various female writers during the 19th Century.

My favourite Swedish authors include Astrid Lindgren (I grew up with that woman, litterary) and Selma Lagerlöf (Who I am related to :p).

Alas, a lot of books, different genre. Among my favourite books are; The Harry Potter-series (though they are not that great to be honest, in my opinion.), The Thrawn Triology, The X-wing series (YES! I am a science fiction-geek:D), Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, North and South, The Lord of the Rings etc.

12. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

NBC's The Office, The Lucy Show, Friends, I Love Lucy

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have? Just the DVD sets

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time? I Love Lucy

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)? No, but does the 5 set DVD TCM Spotlight with Myrna Loy & William Powell count?

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time? Double Wedding

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? Cary Grant & Myrna Loy.

7. Who is your favourite author? N/A

8. What is your favourite book? N/A

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Cold Case, NCIS, Ghost Whisperer, Shark,Criminal Minds, Close to Home(until cancelled),PAST- Murder, She Wrote, Riptide, Starsky & Hutch, Hawaii Five-0 Star Trek (original, Cannon, Barnaby Jones, Airwolf. I could go on but......... LOL

I have dvd's of Dallas,All 3 CSI shows,Airwolf, NCIS, Wiseguy,NYPD Blue, three CSI Miami books. A CSI Miami shirt.

CSI Miami, no doubt about it

Star Wars, Police Academy(lol). John Wayne no doubt. LOL

Gone With the Wind

Actor: David Caruso, Joe Penny, Chuck Norris.

Janet Dailey

The Calder Saga by Janet Dailey

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

[x] The District, House, Desperate Housewives, NCIS, 24, Psych, Monk, Criminal Minds, The Closer -- I'm sure there are others.

[x] Yes! T-Shirts, books, calendars, cups, mugs. You name it.

[x] Overall, it's a 4 way tie: CSI, 24, Desperate Housewives, and House.

[x] POtC, The Matrix.

I have many. :D

[x] Marg Helgenberger, Louise Lombard, William Petersen, Hugh Laurie, Kiefer Sutherland, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman, Kyra Sedgwick

The rest don't really pertain to me. :p

15. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

The X Files, Friends, American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, Wire in the Blood, ER

I have The X Files dvd's (s1,2,3 and the movie) and books.
    Also a lot of magazine articles about actors/series I like.

It's hard to choose just one... it's definitely between CSI Miami and The X Files.

Yep, Harry Potter movies.

The Sound of Music and The Thomas Crown Affair

There's a lot I like but my favourites are:
    Actors: Pierce Brosnan, David Caruso, Daniel Radcliffe
    Actresses: Rene Russo, Gillian Anderson

Isabel Allende, she's from Chile

"La Casa de los EspĂ­ritus" (The House of the Spirits) by Isabel Allende and Harry Potter books, specially 7th and 4th.