What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Outsiders!

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton?

If thats the one, I read it and HATED the book.
Before I read The Outsiders I wasn't religious, but after reading The Outsiders I now know Hell exists.

^It's not the happiest of endings as I recall, but the character certainly goes through some tremendous growth as a result.

It's a great book. S.E. Hinton wrote it when she was only seventeen years old!!!!

The ending was all right, I just didn't get into the book. I didn't get into it because, I couldn't relate it to my life. I related to the emotion, but the rest I couldn't realte to. Some parts were well written but others were horrible, good luck finishing.

I swear I already posted a comment here, but it seems to be M.I.A.

Anyway, what I was saying was...

I loved The Outsiders and to this day, I still remember all of Robert Frost's poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" thanks to that novel. :)

S.E. Hinton wrote it when she was only seventeen years old

I had to read this for school and I believe they said she was sixteen when she wrote it not seventeen. I know there isn't much of a diference in age but I'm a perfectionist. :)

Well, i'm still looking forward to finishing it. And wow! Was she really 17/16 when she wrote it? Damn she's good.

I just finished the Lynne Truss manners book (sorry, I'm too lazy to re-type the entire title.) I have to say that I agree with nearly everything that's said in there.

I can't say I've read The Outsiders. It's probably short enough for my attention span, so I might.

Right now I'm reading...erm, let's call them "citizen anthropology" books. You know, books about culture that aren't written by anthropologists. I'm kinda focusing on the French right now; I just rented both of Polly Platt's books. Then I have the Xenophobe's guides to the British, French, and Scots. Should be fun, light reading. :D

I also have this book called The Grand Complication by Allen Kurzweil. It's about a bibliophile, so naturally it caught my eye.

And the last book I'm planning to read right now is The New Moon and the Old by Dodie Smith. It's by the author of I Capture the Castle, one of my favorite books, so I have high hopes for this one. On a slightly off-topic note, I'm really sad that all her books except 101 Dalmations, its sequel, and I Capture the Castle are out of print. Now all her stuff is, like, $50+.

lol, I read the outsiders a few years back. And I still remember that poem to Baba.:p.

Anyways Im reading Angels and Demons by Dan uhh.. I forget lol. And I just finished Bones. It was good.

And the last book I'm planning to read right now is The New Moon and the Old by Dodie Smith. It's by the author of I Capture the Castle, one of my favorite books, so I have high hopes for this one. On a slightly off-topic note, I'm really sad that all her books except 101 Dalmations, its sequel, and I Capture the Castle are out of print. Now all her stuff is, like, $50+.

I love I Capture the Castle, it's one of my favourite books :)

Right now I'm re-reading The Mermaids Singing by Lisa Carey. It's a great book, this is my third time reading it. :p

I read The Outsiders. Didn't really like that or That Was Then, This Is Now.

Anyway, I think I'm in process of reading:
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Cold Burn by Max Allan Collins (again)

I swear I already posted a comment here, but it seems to be M.I.A.

Anyway, what I was saying was...

I loved The Outsiders and to this day, I still remember all of Robert Frost's poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" thanks to that novel. :)

I just read that part with the poem! i like it. It gives a good visual image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back