What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

the newspaper. :p well, I actually just finished Kathy Reichs "Deadly Dècisions" and I'm reading "Monday Mourning" right now. I love Kathy Reichs. Her books are amazing and I would love to read the original versions, too. But i'm kinda scared of the science lingo... :rolleyes: CSI is one thing, but Mrs. Forensic Genius is another. :lol:

2. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

I'm reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer at the moment. Has anyone else read this? It's told through the eyes of a nine-year-old so the way the story is told is very different from any other book. (Except maybe The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. I've noticed a few similarities till now.) It's original in a good way though.

3. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

i read that book too, mariel. i loved it, especially the amazing things that Oscar invents all the time. the book is indeed very original with the pictures and some unreadable pages. i recomment it very much.
    i hope you enjoy the entire book, mariel. :)

4. CSI_CSI

CSI_CSI Witness

I just finished reading The Lifeguard.

5. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

The Lion, The With and The Wardrobe

6. kathryn23

kathryn23 Dead on Arrival

I'm reading 'A long way down' by Nick Hornby.
    I like his humour and the fact that the story is told by four diffrent characters. It's "my" first Hornby-book and I really like his kind of writing. Did anyone else read the book too??

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Guys, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to add a little more content than that. In particular, I'd like to hear more about the Nick Hornby book, since I'm a fan of his writing.

8. Pixu

Pixu Witness

I've just finished reading the noughts and crosses trilogy by Malorie Blackman, and am re-reading Cold Mountain (I have to read it at least a million times before the exam in June, as we aren't allowed to bring in the text for the exam!). I'm studying 'Comedians', this play by Trevor Griffiths, and some of Thomas Hardy's poems in English Lit at the moment. Thomas Hardy's poetry is rather good, and I'm enjoying studying it. :)

9. Gregs_babe

Gregs_babe Dead on Arrival

I am Reading BloodLetting...very good book once u get into it

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm reading The Doomspell by Cliff McNish. It's from the Children's Room of my local public library. :lol: I love Science Fiction and Fantasy books and they have a bunch that didn't exist when I was a kid so I'm reading them now. There actually are some very good ones, the Artamis Fowl series for instance.

Susan

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Ok I'm not actually reading a book. But since I have just gotten into Law & Order: SVU I'm reading lots of fanfiction for it. I seem to have more and more trouble getting actually into reading a real book. But I will say that the only expection right now would be when the new harry potter book comes out and is passed around to me. Since I read them all and don't actually own any of them. ;)

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Children of the Lamp: The Akhenaten Adventure by P.B. Kerr. It's sort of a childrens fantasy about 2 kids becomming Genies.

Susan

13. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

"An Interpretation of Murder" by Jed Rubenstein - it's a murder mystery involving Freud. Interesting, but I'm finding it quite hard going, and not nearly as good as "The Janissary Tree".

14. wibble

wibble Corpse

I'm reading Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child at the moment. It's pretty good so far, and is about a beast (some sort of freak of evolution, I think) living in a New York science museum that's killing a lot of people. The main character has to try and stop it before an exhibition at the museum opens and prevent a massacre from occurring. It's pretty well written, even though I'm only on chapter 9. I don't know if anyone recalls the film made back in the 90s based on this book.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I just finished The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
    this book is fantastic! She wrote The Mermaid Chair which I thought was good (they also made a Lifetime movie from it starring Alex Carter [Det. Vartann] as the Monk)

anyway the Bees book is much better I think. It's her first book and it was based on a poem she wrote and someone encouraged her to expand on it so it became a book
    I really liked it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.