What are the chances Stella will test positive?

^^ Agreed though. I think that she'll be even more sensitive to people with HIV and she'll actually develope into an even better person, not that she's already isn't fantastic. :) Because she is.

But for me, the chances of her testing positive are still z-e-r-o.

I’d love it if Stella tested positive. I think it would be different from everything else on TV. I mean no one on TV today is HIV positive (at least not to my knowledge) I think though one of the main reason it may not happen is for the writers, how often do you bring it up?? Stella is in every episode you obviously can’t mention every episode but then when do you bring it up?? The writers are really bad with keeping a story line going (i.e. Danny’s brother, Stella being a orphan) so they would really have to work at how much is too much and how much is to little. So I don’t know if this story line is good for the writers of CSI: NY. If it were a recurring character such as Adam, Detective Angell etc… then I’d believe that there was a higher possibility that they test positive. And didn’t one of the producers say that when Stella blood work come back form some military lab it will reveal a big secret about her family or her past or something like that? If that the case then they are probably using the HIV to help reveal this secret and they never even toyed with the idea of giving Stella AIDS. With a show like CSI: NY that still pretty new with only 3 season so far it may be to soon in the series for something like this.

I'm really wondering how a HIV blood test would lead to reveal a family secret? :confused: I mean, unless they've a freakin' new top secret military technology :rolleyes:, the earliest way to detect HIV is to look for viral DNA or RNA or a specific protein called p24. It's not like they're going to sequence Stella's whole genoma or something...

I stand by my statement that Stella's chances of acquiring HIV via broken glass is smaller than her chance of being exposed to cosmic rays from Near-Earth-Supernovae.

I think the chances are between 0 and none.
I've seen this very same plot over and over again on so many shows... :rolleyes:
They have this tearful/how worry I am scene and then the relief scene when the tests come back negative...
It's like when a character is shot on the season finale and next season is perfect ok,overdone.
I hope the writers could be original for a change or dare to do things different.

It's like when a character is shot on the season finale and next season is perfect ok,overdone.
Absolutely. Like Flack in a coma... HE'S BACK IN THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE SEASON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! :lol:

Even though it's obvious that Stella won't test positive, I'm sure (or hoping... :rolleyes) that TPTB will turn the storyline around well and not just abandon it.

While i do think theres a slim chance they'll have her test positive, i dont think its totally not possible. I don't know if you've seen ER, but on that show one of the leading characters contracted HIV and stayed on the show, even becoming more popular (for me, at least). Anyway, i didn't think she'd get HIV either, and she ended up getting it and it made her a moer developed character. Maybe the same could be for the already so well developed Stella....but i dont know.

I also agree. I don't think Stella will test positive. But if there's a chance maybe they'll have the possibility to have a storyline about finally having a cure for the virus..Well, maybe but it's far reaching right. But it's possible since Bill Gates is part of finding a cure/vaccine for HIV...but I doubt she'll test positive.

I hope she does not test positive. That would make me so sad! Stell is a great character and brings "girl power" to the show. I would miss that character if she/Melina left. That would totally suck!

I don't think she'll test positive either, and I guess that's part of my objection to the storyline. While I think it's great to show a character grappling with the possibility of getting HIV on the job, I think it would have much more impact if it were one of the characters we'd actually believe might test positive.

That pretty much eliminates Mac, Stella and probably Danny. I think the storyline would be much more effective if it were Lindsay or Hawkes who had been cut with the glass, because I'd at least believe it was possible that the writers would toy with the idea of one of them testing positive. Or Flack, though as a detective his contact with evidence would understandably be much less than a CSI.

I guess I just keep coming back to, "no way in hell will they give their lead female character HIV." And, as compelling as the story is, and as great an actress Melina is, that does take me out of the story a little bit.

I reacted with complete hostility towards this storyline even though it seemed like a great idea to bring attention to this horrible disease. Like I've said many times before, her chances of being infected with HIV are reduced to near zero due to dilution and exposure to water, being outside the body at an ambient temperature well below 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, exposed to air, as well as him taking antiviral medicine at the time of his death. Hepatitus and malaria should be of much greater concern though.

If Stella does test positive, I swear to god, I will instantly stop watching CSI: NY or even abandone the whole franchise altogether and purge Stella from my system forever, and that purge will be of a cosmic/galactic scale. The thought of seeing a tough cookie like Stella wasting away over time is too much for me to bear.

^^ I am pretty sure that will happen, TPTB always do a good job but then it's a almost pointless--since its really obvious that the MAIN FEMALE LEAD wouldn't test positive.

I'm 99.99% sure.

Axatullux said:
I reacted with complete hostility towards this storyline even though it seemed like a great idea to bring attention to this horrible disease. Like I've said many times before, her chances of being infected with HIV are reduced to near zero due to dilution and exposure to water, being outside the body at an ambient temperature well below 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, exposed to air, as well as him taking antiviral medicine at the time of his death. Hepatitus and malaria should be of much greater concern though.

My guess would be is that they're banking on the regular viewer not knowing that, though if they really are trying to educate people about contracting HIV, that should have been brought up by the nurse who gave Stella the anti-viruals in the first episode.

Hi! I just wanted to put my thoughts in...
I dont think they will have Stella test positive, but I do think that something will happen, possibly another disease. I dont think they would make a main character go through that kind of drama but I dont think they would just drop such a major story-line. Does that make sense? Sorry, its late here :)

Back