Welcome To The LV Forum, Please Introduce Yourself!

This (a forum) is so new to me that I'm sure I won't find any response to this message here. So please email me at robertburke516@comcast.net. Here's my question: In two consecutive episodes (season one , eps 9 and 10) Grissom refers to a handheld fold-up microscope with a built-in light in his field kit as a "christopher columbus." I can't think of (or find) a reason why this item is called a "christopher columbus." I'm baffled! What's the connection? I'm pretty sure the microscope wasn't around in Columbus' day and the item in Grissom's field kit doesn't look like (as far as I know) any instrument that Columbus used, eg, the astrolab. Could it be the initials "cc"? But then, what does "cc" mean? Help!! rburke

Hello! My name is Alyshea (Like the episode "Harvest", that little girl who gets killed? "Alesha" or something! It's pronounced the same as that, just spelt differently.. although everybody can call me Aly) ..im from good ol' England!

My favorite man is George Eads/Nickky Stokeees!
Also have a little thing for Greggles.. hehe!
Can't wait to get properly settled in here :D
x

Welcome rburke and Alyshea! Always great to see new posters here. Take a look around, there is a thread here for almost everything. If you have any general board questions, you can check it out here. If there is something that is not listed, don't hesitate in asking...there is always someone that'll be able to help you out. Smokey and myself, DJRideout, are the Mods for the Crime Scene Investigation threads, so we are not to far away to lend some help or offer some friendly advice.

Though I, myself, am unable to help you with the question you have asked rburke, I am sure you'll hear from someone. Perhaps taking the question to the Forencis Science threads or the "LV" Episode/Character thread will help.

In the meantime, sit back, put your feet up and stay a while :)

Welcome to the Las Vegas forum, Alyshea and rburke! :) Make yourselves at home and have fun!

Hiya, happy to meet you all!

I'm a huge CSI:LV fan, collect music from the episodes, make CSI videos and CDs (I'm on my sixth at present!), and am a bit of a 'Sandersette'. Well, a lot of a Sandersette. *grins*

Looking forward to browsing your forums!

WELCOME to all the newbies I am a recent thread fan myself and everyone is so helpful and curious so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

Hey guys. My name is Jeff. I have been a huge fan of csi since it first aired in 2000. I just think they could make it more realistic, sometimes its almost comical the conclusions they draw from some small peice of evidence. Like when someones wallet has no cash in it, instantly it must have been a robbery and murder, not simply the guy had no cash on him. It just gets rediculous sometimes when they do the run through reanactments after finding one small peice of evidence of exactly what happened. It just could be more realistic, its a great show though. Very enjoyable to watch.

Welcome to the Las Vegas forum, Jeff! :) True, the "CSI Effect" can sometimes be a little simplistic, but it is a TV show after all. ;)

Make yourself at home and have fun! :)

WELCOME Jeff
Cheering.gif
glad you here, have fun;)

Hi, I'm Geeno! I've been a fan of CSI for almost a year but I've watched almost all the episodes. Thanks to Spike.

For me, CSI is one of the best written series for television. The cases are interesting and realistic and entertaining. I also like how they incorporate science into traditional invrstigation. The characters are lovable. I like Grissom and Catherine. William and Marg are great actors and they play their characters beautifully.

I hate it when the characters go especially Warrick. No chance he's going back. Good that Sara is back. I like her rapport with Greg and Nick. Ray is good I hope the writers will make him unique too. Brass and his one liners are funny. Doc Robbins makes me laugh at times.

For me, the best episode is 'Grave Danger'. When I watched it, I was amazed, thrilled and scared eventhough I know they will all survive especially Nick. I don't like 'Go to Hell' and 'Leapin' Lizards' because they are not real somehow for my taste.

Hello everyone! I'm LionsHeart, from Finland. I started watching CSI somewhere around season 5, I don't remember exactly when, but I only got more interested about the show somewhere around season 8.
I've been lurking on the Eric/Greg thread and in The Fort about a year now and those are the places you're mostly going to run into me. Though I just might occasionally pay a visit to other pages too.
If it's not clear already, I'm a huge Greg/Eric Szmanda fan. That man is just perfect.:drool: Nick/George is my other favorite.
What more should I say? Well, I'm not a big writer, so I'm mostly just going to read the posts. Also, I usually tend to overanalyse my writing, and end up making these weird sentences. But I'm slowly working on that problem, so try to bear me. :)

Back