Welcome to the FANFICTION LAND!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sissi59100, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Welcome to all the news folks around Fan Fiction. :D

2. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I'm new around here...So I'll just introduce myself...I think that's what you do here. :)

Hi! My name is Dominique Simms and I'm 23. I'm a fourth-year senior at university and you can ask all my friends to confirm that I LOVE CSI MIAMI!!! I unfortunately do not have a fanfic, but I'm making plans of starting a big one soon. An entire series (season) of 24 stories about the Miami-Dade team, and I will admit off the bat that a good few of them will be Ryan-centric, I love him so much! :) I'm also bringing a new ME into the mix that will have personal ties to former and current team members.

I'm not all that familar with writing Miami fics, so I'll be getting a lot of help here as my series becomes reality. You seem a great group of people and I will welcome any critizisms you can give me to make my stories the best they can.

I'm so happy to be here and I can't wait to meet you all! :)

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Damn... I forgot to do this earlier... haha.

Hey all... I'm 20, gonna be 21 in 50+ days. I've been writing fanfiction for... 4 and a half years? Maybe longer, but in a variety of different realms. I've also done RPGs in the past as well, also in a couple different realms. CSI fanfiction, I've only been writing for about one year, starting with a songfic (that I lost when my flashdrive died recently :().

I have several fanfics... mostly one-shots, but a few chapter stories, and even a series. "The Savior of the Broken" is one of my first attempts at an OC as a main player in CSI, and Mia's... rough around the edges, for lack of a better phrase. But she's fun to write. :D Consequently, I have a series with her stories (currently working on the third in the series, with a possible fourth...). Check it out down below. :)

So, I write Vegas, NY, and Miami, and am working on a crossover between Vegas and NY with Adam and Greg as the main characters. :D

4. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

Oops, I'm trying to send this from my Blackberry. Anyways, I used to be here all the time, but recently I've only been lurking here and there. Well I know that I haven't started a thread recently in here, but soon I'll be posting a new story:

CSI:NY - New York Rush

Two years ago Mac Taylor and his team discovered that Aiden Burn had lost her life trying to catch DJ Pratt. Or so they thought. Seemingly back from the dead, Aiden returns to New York and tells Mac and the team what really happened. Now a marked woman for trying to get out of a government Black Ops assassin agency who gave her a new job and a new life, Aiden turns to the people she trusted the most. But she learns all is not as it used to be when Mac refuses to help her break the law to quit her top secret job. She has no name, she doesn't exist, and now she's out for blood. Aiden Burn will set out on the adventure of a lifetime that may cost her her life. Get into the New York Rush.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  5. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

Hi, I'm Whitney. I'm 22 and I'll be done with my third year of college in less than 24 hours. And summer means lots of fic will be written.

I write for all three CSIs, though Nick/Greg is my fave pairing. I post on my LJ and over at fanfiction.net, where my user name is Welleg.

6. Speedle03

Speedle03 Dead on Arrival

hi my name is chris im 14 and im just starting to write a CSI LV story its title on the main fanfic homepage reads "New CSI Story CSI:Team Truama" please read it i only have part one up so far but will be putting up part 2 in a couple of days there is going to be about 4 or 5 parts maybe only 3 i havent thought out the whole story yet but anyway it is called team truama cause something bad happens no its not warrick dying or sara leaving they will be in this story so to see what happens read CSI:Team Truama

P.S please give me feedback

7. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

I have a question and I'm asking it here instead of a new thread because I'm not sure it deserves one.

No offense is intended, but I will understand if it causes some.

Do all of you write character-centric fanfics instead of straight drama stories for a reason other than the fact that you like the particular character?

I only ask because I've spent the last month reading as many of the fics as I can handle and my honest opinion is that they don't really have much substance to them other than to gush at character X.

8. Finch

I, (since I can't speak for everyone) do write fics that center around cases--one of which I has been posted here but I'm sure it's many many pages down already. However I also write fics that center around the characters with an added case and stories that feature just character development.

Really, though, it's personal preference. A lot of people prefer writing for just the characters, others prefer just the cases and it's all up to one's interpretation/views as to what constitutes substance. I think a lot of character fics have substance, while some case-based stories are poorly done and vice versa. To each his/her own. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I find writing cases hard. I have tried in the past, and I feel like it's not one of my better stories. I can set up them getting to strange crime scenes, but they end up being insanely easy. Long story short, I'm not good at writing forensics.

That's why I tend to stick to writing the characters. Plus, to me, the show does well enough with the cases, so why can't I write a little about the characters?

I don't think I gush about a particular character, but maybe I'm wrong? I think I tend to torture characters more than gush about them, but that's just my opinion. So, I don't know.

10. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Hi,

I'm pretty new here and just started posting my story yesterday. I was wondering how often it is acceptable to post updates? I apologize if this has been asked already or is in a FAQ somewhere; I looked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

11. Finch

Welcome, Jacqui. :)

I believe you can post updates whenever you wish--especially if there are already responses. I'm not sure how the mods here feel about double posting, (if it came to that) but you can always Private Message sissi59100 about that - although you'll need to be here for 2 weeks with 50 posts - or she may get back to you on here.

Hope this helps. :)

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Thanks, speed_cochrane!

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have a hard time coming up with ideas for cases. The one I used in the beginning of "Never Alone" was originally intended for a "Criminal Minds" fic, only I had trouble writing the whole "profiling the unsub" thing, so I used the idea for the Miami fic instead. :lol: That's why the case was kind of "dark" cause CM cases usually are. :lol: But, normally I have trouble with that. I think mostly fanfic is for writing more about the characters because the show writes more about the cases than the characters' personal lives ... I mean we get bits and pieces and all, but it leaves a lot to be desired for some.

I did write a couple of fics years ago with some cases in it, but I wasn't on this site then. While I'd like to post the fics, I can't do to the fact that copying something for MS Word and pasting it into a window here causes weird coding and it's a pain to remove all that coding from a whole chapter/story. So, what I may end up doing instead if rewriting the stories to be more current, but leaving the cases mostly as is.

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The name's Alex, I'm a hopeless CSIaddict from southern New Jersey, and I'm 15. (I'll be 16 on September 19.)

I've had ideas for several fics, mostly just LV and NY. Only one was ever any good, though, a NY one, called "Undercover". (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4217247/1/Undercover) I have a sequel to that fic in the works, and it'll be called "Ten Double Zero". I don't usually have problems with plots, but I have a habit of always kidnapping people, so if I write anything past "Ten Double Zero" I'll have to figure out a new method of creating angstyness. :lol: