Warrick & Nick - Las Vegas's New OTP?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, May 20, 2005.

1. Dixie

Dixie Rookie

Don't be sorry, I've thought it myself ;) Shacky might not agree, but we'll just not mention it to her :lol:
    You know, this is a new take on World Domination... lol... bringing our 'ship into others :lol:

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Warrick: I'll take the downstairs.
    Nick: Yeah, I'll be above you.

Snort.

3. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

Nice to see this thread alive and well. I've always adored the strong bond between Warrick and Nick. There are very male freindships on TV.

I'm on the Warrick/Nick LV boards a lot, the one great story "Out of Depths" is one of the best post GD fics I've read.

When I first posted there I was greatly encouraged to write a slash peice, but I don't know. Pretty torn since I see strong freindship, but part of me, loves the hottest of those two together!

Now runs away from Shacky before she sees me here.

As far as fic ideas are concerned a post "Primum Non Nocere" is a good starting point.

I do have a question. Does anyone have any idea where I can find some Warrick/Nick videos? It doesn't have to be slash, but I could really picture some great, wonderful frinedship ones.

4. lament

lament Captain

If anyone is reading VicXntric's fic, "Out of the Depths" on the __nick_warrick LJ, it's been updated. I can't link to it because of the rating, but if you can't find it, PM me. :)

5. IHeartEric

IHeartEric Coroner

I know where it is. But I can't get on LJ. Plus it's post-GD and I've restrained from reading most post-GD fics until I see it. WHICH WILL BE TOMORROW!

ctx :D

6. lament

lament Captain

Oh, you will be even more of a Nick/Warrick shipper after tomorrow!!!

7. IHeartEric

IHeartEric Coroner

Ah, lament, you know how much I love Nick/Greg and all...but wow. Grave Danger was such a good episode for Warrick/Nick angst. I was blown away.

But I got a Nick/Greg idea from it!!!

ctx :D

8. lament

lament Captain

9. lament

lament Captain

Okay, bumping this up because I haven't seen it in a while, and I miss it. :lol:

Any new fic?

10. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

I'm not a shipper of any kind, but I love Warrick. I read just about everything to do with the man, ships or no ships. I'm currently working on my second CSI fic, posting on this board andmy fanfic

My fics are mostly about Warrick, but I love the friendship between him and Nick and I love how they have both taken Greg in as their little brother. The friendships between these guys are the heart of my love for the show and the basis of my fanfics.
    Also the "If you were Gay" video is excellent!!! The way the footage fits with the lines is amazing! It's one of my favorite videos! I don't see either of the guys as gay, but I could see that they would be accepting of it.
    Just my two cents!

11. lament

lament Captain

I try not to get bogged down on labels. ;)

In any case, I was watching GD again last week, and I'm still absolutely blown away by their interaction in that ep. Warrick is so gentle with Nick at the end, and I think that's what Nick needs right now. He's been so wounded lately. :(

Spoiler Below

What will Nick's reaction be to Warrick's sudden nuptials?

12. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I think on the surface, he'll be happy for him - but maybe it'll put a strain on their relationship? Obviously Warrick wont have as much free time any more...

I'm extremely intrigued to see what S6 will bring for these two characters. The guilt which Warrick must still be feeling, and the fragility of Nick after his trauma should add some serious drama to their interactions. I can see Warrick being extremely over-protective of Nick, and Nicky perhaps feeling smothered?

This has always been my favorite slash ship on the show (sorry lament - I know how much you love Nick/Greg) But the relationship between Nicky and 'Rick is just gorgeous. The closeness they share, the cute bickering. Its a very fine line they tread between being friends and some serious romance. These guys really love each other, in the purest sense of the word.

I'm going to shut up now, before I start formulating plots for a Nick/Rick slash fic - I'm already juggling to many fics as it is! :lol: but maybe one day... :D

13. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

I have watched that video!!! So funny!!! :lol:

Do you happen to have link for it? I was just browsing when I found it last time at a fanfiction site, but I don't remember where it was... :(

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Here you go, Future... :D

15. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

LOL I didn't call them gay, the video did! Although, my best friend is an openly gay man, he thinks the slashing here is hilarious, he doesn't think any of the main guys are remotely gay-like. Hodges and Ecklie are another story.....