Warrick & Nick - Las Vegas's New OTP?

My fondest WarNick (tee hee, see what I did there? ;)) hope for this coming season is for Warrick to really show Nick how much he cares, and for Nicky to let Warrick know how much he appreciates his support.

I'd also love to see a scene where Warrick is beating himself up over Nick's kidnapping and Nick gets pissed at him - telling him in no uncertain terms that it was NOT his fault, and he has to STOP beating himself up over it NOW. I'd love to see Warrick's reaction to Nick being that acertive

forensicsgirl, I couldn't agree with you more about Warrick beating himself up over it. You could just see in the season finale when Warrick got out of the car at the crime scene that he was beating himself up. *hugs Warrick* He looked so sad.

ctx :D

WarNick? :lol: "WarNick, WarNick. Hot guys may cause shippers to spontaneously combust." Sorry. I'm dork.

forensicsgirl: I'd love to see Warrick's reaction to Nick being that acertive

I think he'd respect Nick and understand where he's coming from.

And then he'd be so turned on that he'd ravish me. :)

Edit: I meant he'd ravish Nick. Freudian slip.
rotfl.gif

Heads up everybody. Voting has begun for the csifanficawards! You can find info here.

Be sure to vote for your favorite Nick/Warrick fanfics! :D

That's totally rocking, Kristen - thanks for sharing. So many really amazing Nick/Warrick scenes - and I loved loved loved the ending :D

Okay, lets get a convo going in here. How do you see the Nick/Warrick relationship? A match made in heaven? Or would they competitive streaks occasionally get in the way and make them argue? And would they be an extremely private couple, or would they be very open about being together?

ETA:
Can I just draw your attention to some new Information from Your Mods.

Many thanks ;)

Okay, we have "Grave Danger" rerunning September 21st in the States. Major Nick/Warrick interaction! :D :D

[b/]forensicsgirl:[/b] Okay, lets get a convo going in here. How do you see the Nick/Warrick relationship? A match made in heaven? Or would they competitive streaks occasionally get in the way and make them argue? And would they be an extremely private couple, or would they be very open about being together?

Well, first of all, we've seen that Nick and Warrick bring out each other's strengths on a regular basis. They know each other's moods fairly well. In "Ellie," it was Nick that Warrick turned to when he got stuck on the case, and it was Nick who advised him to follow his gut rather than call Grissom.

Throughout season 1, 2, and 3, we see Warrick bring out the confident playful side of Nick.

I think all of that would transfer to a romantic relationship, but would take on a more intimate, intense level. They would challenge each other to be better, stronger men, and they would give each other a sounding board for problems at work.

Given their ability to communicate with each other at work, I think they'd be able to sit down and talk out their problems. While Nick has a tendency to go with the flow so everyone else is happy, he seems to do this less with Warrick. So I don't think they'd let things fester.

The competetive streak might be a problem in the professional realm, but I don't think it would transfer to their home life. Nick has an example of two parents who've been married for 45 years. They have to be getting something right.

I don't doubt they'd argue, but that can be healthy.

Would they be open? No, I don't think so. George Eads mentioned in an interview that Nick is very traditional about the notion of dating someone at work. He would be opposed to it. So if Nick and Warrick started dating, I think Nick would feel as though he's doing something unprofessional and would not want to let everyone know. That said, I can see a few people finding out about it. But I think Nick would be very hesitant about revealing the relationship.

Moreover, Nick and Warrick work in an environment that arguably has the potentioal to be homophobic. Because of that, the guys might want to keep things pretty quiet.

I suppose they'd be in a closed relationship to the point of people asking about them.

I agree. As far as the outside world, there'd most likely be a wall up.

As far as their own sexuality, I'd see it much like the rest of their relationship, with a definite and unshakeable loyalty, powerful emotion in some instances, but with a joy and playfulness and naturalness about their affection. I doubt they'd be "high-maintenance" with each other, either; they wouldn't feel the need to be demanding. They'd play it convincingly straight until they got behind closed doors, and then they'd just be one fun, passionate, happy couple. :cool:

--Robin

What struggles do you all foresee for Nick and Warrick? For example, would Nick's past abuse be an issue?

Spoilers

Okay, well, Warrick's marriage could also be problematic. :lol:

*SPOILER*

Blurgh, marriage is so overrated in my opinion. Warrick can be happy single. Why does he have to marry anyone?

Because the writers said so. :p :D

How do you all think Warrick's marriage will affect the pair? Will it cause Nick to realize his true feelings for Nick?

No, I don't think it will. In my mind, it might, but on the show, no.

I so hope their friendship survives Warrick getting married. *fingers crossed*

ctx :D

I think wifey is a device. As Zeus pulled Athena full-grown from his head, so the CSI writers pulled Tina out of their...well, not their heads, to serve a plot purpose.

Hopefully it's not just to smooth so many of those endearing rough edges off our poor dear Warrick that he becomes dull. Diamonds shine because of their edges. Preferably i'd like it to create the kind of low-key conflict you'd expect if your best-friend/possibly-lover suddenly up and married. It's already been implied it'll cause friction with Catherine, I would expect moments where Nick would at least grab Warrick by the arm and growl, "Were you out of your freaking mind?!"

Hopefully it'll provide for character-developing, show-strengthening angst and interaction. Otherwise, I am ready to fling my figurative dookie at TPTB. And I have a mean fecal fastball. They have been warned.

--Robin

I do not think I have ever posted in here before... that's very odd. Hmmm...

I actually have never found a fanfiction that solely revolved around Nick's past issues. However, I have been slowly typing up a fanfiction about that... But I'm the slowest writer in the world, so it will probably end up being a one-shot slash...

As for the other issue...

SPOILER

It's all a big plot device to get our two favorite guys together, of course. Warrick gets married. Nick gets jealous. Nick avoids Warrick. Warrick realizes he can't live without Nick. The end! ^_^ Oh, and of course, Warrick and Tina split.

Back