Wallace/Hodges: Full Experience #3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, May 10, 2007.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I know yer still around as well AJ :) It must indeed be difficult to participate in conversation when we are at one point, and you are at another.

Of course all the characters got their special trait or knack for the show to be great and without them, it's not quite the same, but I would have to agree with you AJ. I too think that Hodges is the type of edge character that makes it extra special. Of course we are speaking as super fans of the character, but still. His quirkiness only adds to the overall experience.

I remember an interview I read once where Wally mentioned that whenever the producers wanna add something off the wall, a lot of the times they give it to his character...because it seem fitting. Of course not to mention that the man is a great actor, so he's able to run with anything that is given to him and make it work.:lol:

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Yes DJ - And that "off - the wall" works both ways. It allows show to comment or twist episode for the edge or special something - something. My only concern is when shows overload a character with sterotypical stuff. Which they actually haven´t done with Hodges IMO.

I think we or I as fan sometimes underestimate the importance of a divers(sp?) cast or character palete/base. If a show is too limitted in their characters, then all bad things happen to the same people over and over again which in the long run will "kill" the show and become boring.
    Mind you - I haven´t forgotten the casting of the right actors as a factor too.

But any show has to stand out in order to make it (in the right demo - I know) and Hogdes - the character and the lines - are just such character and he will rub some the wrong way. But ask them or yourself - if not Hogdes - then who would you have delivering thoose lines on the show? Or force the other characters to react like that?

3. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I couldn’t agree more with you, AJ and DJ (almost sounds like a sitcom or the mispronouncing of a hardrockband :D )

It's a small, but solid fanbase ;)
    regarding the broadcasting, I'm pleasantly surprised as we already had cold blooded... we're just 5 a 6 episodes behind :)

agree, agree, agree

Again agree.... diversity in characters in a show like CSI is, imo, important to attach many viewers. People need the hero type, but also someone they more or less can relate to....some beauty, some brains etc etc... so you can create the perfect mixture.....

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

DJ and AJ are not sitcom but intelligent critics of tv-shows in general:p. But we will of course welcome our good friend PT to join us from time to time:p.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

To all Hogdes fans

If you get a chance. Tjeck out the Hogdes character in CSI game on facebook....he is well cartooned;)

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol:Thank's AJ and now his nickname is LODGES:lol: that was priceless. And even Ray called him that~

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh...just as in show that character is something special.;)

8. DJRideout

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

^^^^ me likey...Thanks DJ.

10. Desertwind

WOW, I had no idea Wallace was in this movie. It was just nominated for numerous Oscar picks too. Thank's DJ for the caps:bolian:

11. DJRideout

Hey no prob. Gotta share the Wally love. :)

DW - Not up on the latest with the Oscars, but that is great to here. On another note, you'd be surprised with what the man has be involved with over the past 15-20 years. There were a lot of shows I've watched and never realized that he guest starred in etc. He may not be a big name like LF, but he's got quite the resume. To quote something he mentioned in a past interview "I either have small parts in big movies, or big parts in small movies."

I'm just happy that he continues to work in various roles so I get to see him outside of CSI. :)

12. Desertwind

Oh, I'm sure he's been in lots of other shows. I have a friend John from when I lived in Nevada, and he goes "Don't you remember Wallace in.. and damn I forget what show he said.:confused: I will ask him the next time I speak with him. And here's the list of Oscar nominees. just scroll down aways, and click on OSCAR Nominations~:bolian:

http://www.aolnews.com/category/entertainment/

13. DJRideout

Well the two shows that you'd probably recognize Wally from, previous to CSI, would be 'The Larry Sanders Show' and 'Veronica's Closet.' Which I'd like to add he was great in both. :) Although if I had to choose, I think I'd have to choose VC over LSS. His character is not nearly as obnoxious in VC as it was in LSS. Although, his ability to pull that off made me love both his characters and Wally himself, as an actor.

14. Desertwind

That's it "The Larry Sanders Show" I called my friend, and he was at lunch.. so you solved this puzzle:bolian:

A cap of him with his ugly plaid shirt:(

HODGES..CATH..VARTANN

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I like the first one :cool:

I have to agree... it's not the most attractive piece of clothing he has been wearing during the csi show...(more jacket, he wore in space oddity :cool:)