Wallace/Hodges: Full Experience #3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, May 10, 2007.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

wouldn't they have someone like their agent.. or a marketing/coach someone at CBS pherhaps who will advice the actors about the wonders of nowadays communication possibilities? Informing them about the pro's and contra's?
    One of these days I have to explore the facebook thing.. I have an account (just to be able to join the liz vassey in season 11 thing)...:cool:

update on my quest for the growing op dvd...
    nowhere to be found in the nearby surroundings... :shifty:
    but I'll keep on looking.... in the end there's always the possibility of the internet....;)

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I wouldn't be able to tell you if they do or not, but if not, Wally does have two teenagers at home that I am sure know all about the wonderful world of FB. :lol:

On top of that...he probably doesn't get the time to really sit down and explore. With filming CSI, and constantly is some other film...he seems to always be up to something that takes up the majority of his time. A movie, lending his voice for some cartoon, doing web based mini programs, promotions for CSI and the CSI experience...he seems to dabble in a lot of different things.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  3. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

lol... the ignorant parents and the digiwizards children...(but it's a kind of cute, ... my aunt, who is nearly 80, has joined the digital highway, her daughter bought her an apple...:).. now she skypes :cool: )

btw... by strolling the talk csi in search for the name of an episode I noticed there are some nice reviews in the csi episode guide section..
    I couldn't agree more with what Kristine Huntley wrote about Wallace Langham in her review of Lab Rats

4. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

I really like Hodges, he's cool and funny and annoying at the same time :lol:
    I wish he and Greg start to talk to each other like they used to in the older seasons :D

5. DJRideout

You know, I really do and always have enjoyed Hodges interactions with Greg. Always entertaining and you just never know how one is going to react to the other. Like an older brother picking on the younger brother. Wally and Eric seem to play well off one another...which is nice.

They had a couple of good scenes in Appendicitement this season past...and looking forward to the commentary,for the episode, with the boys.

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I probably said it before (I'm almost sure I did ;)) but watching the episodes with the commentary is hilarious....
    If I interpret the news about the dvd for season 10 correctly there will be no commentary for 10x18.... I enjoyed the commentaries for the previous lab rats episodes enormously.. it will be weird not having it for field mice...
    (I already miss Liz Vassey for this)
    but I guess the commentary on 10x09 will be nice also...

update on my quest... I went to another dvd rent store today... the guy who runs it looked a kind of surprised when I told him growing op was not spelled with an u but an o in the op part :lol: unfortunately they didn't have it.....

7. DJRideout

Okay, I know there is only a selected few of us talking Hodges, but I thought I'd pull this thread up and ask what you all thought of his actions in 'Pool Shark.' Not so much on the relationship with Wendy and her leaving...for that belongs over in the shipper thread, but more so, his aggressive behavior toward Henry.

Sure we have learned a little bit here and there over the past few seasons in regards to the character, but his past is still somewhat a mystery.

I've always felt that given the demeanor of Hodges as a whole, the thoughts of him being aggressive doesn't completely surprise me, but I was caught off guard when he actually acted upon it. I know he was hurting and wasn't getting the answers he was seeking from Henry, but I was still a little surprised.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Nice avi, DJ! :thumbsup:

I have to say it surprised me as well when he got a bit violent with Henry. I think it was because it's always been a little lighthearted with them and Wendy, and all of a sudden it wasn't funny anymore. But...maybe that was the point. Maybe Hodges realized it was time to get serious, but he realized it too late.

9. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I didn't see the episode yet (only the goodbye scene)... as soon as I've seen it... I think I definitely have something to say... (it won't be tomorrow though.... in less than an hour..I'll be on my way to France... :cool:)

For now I'm convinced that, how sad the goodbye was, it was not quite in the light of the characters...

agree on that... is there some more text beneath the broken and alone?

10. DJRideout

Glad you like the avi Smokey. I wonder who I got THAT cap from? Thanks by the way :).

You make a good point. But he was so devastated when he found out that Henry and Wendy were talking about this when it really should have been him. Okay, perhaps shocked would be better used then devastated. Either way, it hurt.

Sure the man often times comes across as an insensitive bast@rd, only looking out for himself, but the man is only human. Eventually something is going to effect him to the point that he'll crack. He finally dropped his defenses and this is what happens.

Now I don't have the advantage of watching it a second or third time (gotta wait until something is posted elsewhere on the net), so I can't really say who instigated what when both Hodges and Henry were sweeping the pool for evidence. But I can understand why Hodges finally snapped. He does have a little more of a backbone then first thought. :lol:

(Only reason for the mentions of the relationship in this thread is to tie in with the points I am trying to make)

Henry saying that he couldn't "close it" with Wendy though was totally uncalled for. That, telling his mother to go take a drive around the block so he could, because he still lived with his mother? First off...wasn't it stated in the episode "A Theory of Everything" that Hodges was finally moving out? Inconsistency on the part of the writers with that one. Second, who is Henry to tease him about living home? Sure wasn't it obvious in Field Mice last season that Henry too still lived at home? Guess that is a second inconsistency on the part of the writers. Third, perhaps Hodges has gained that much respect and admiration for Wendy that he didn't want to rush and possibly ruin things between them by trying to get her home on the first date.

Just to start anyway...

Will be looking forward to what you have to say...once you see it.

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well…. I saw the episode…(finally ;) ) so here are my thoughts… (I hope I make some sense :cool: )
    So far as I can see there are two ways to look at this episode
    a)In the light of the “continuity”
    b)See the episode as a “stand alone” (more or less)

Ad a) In my opinion an episode should be in the line of continuity..especially when it comes to character development. With this in mind I can only say they didn’t care at all for continuity (of course this is my opinion) First as most of you already have said.. in 8x15 there was mentioning of Hodges finally leaving home to get his own place. Then there is this deleted scene from season 9 (can't recall the episode) where Hodges and Wendy are discussing/talking furniture in his new home.
    Furthermore… the fact that Wendy didn’t talk to Hodges about her potential new job in Portland isn’t logical. In 10x06 she complained to him about not getting the possibility to be in the field. Hodges offered talking to Ecklie about it and ended with the sentence “I just want you to be happy” If that’s the case why shouldn’t she talk to him? Then there’s 10x18…in which Hodges again showed he really cared for her by putting the blame on him for something she did to Henry.. if anything.. she should be grateful actually, because her file stayed “clean” because of what he did for her + her saying that wat she’s suppose to want isn’t what she does want…
    She didn’t want to tell him earlier because he would blame henry for her leaving?? It doesn’t make sense… the way tptb have portrayed Wendy the past years.. she never seemed like a person who would not dare to tell the facts.. so the fact she didn’t tell Hodges does not make sense in my csi world ;-) Above that she never gave Hodges a chance to let him prove he really cares for her… it seems likes she did not trust him to be mature enough to deal with the fact she wants to be in the field..it makes no sense in the perspective of earlier actions (i.e. putting the blame on him
    So in short….the Hodges as is portrayed by tptb in the previous season isn’t the Hodges in this episode (again imho)… btw his (Hodges’) anger didn’t seem really out of place..

Ad b) well.. If you see this episode on it’s own…. You can’t say too much of it actually… it’s what the writers decide… ….

12. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

So in short….the Hodges as is portrayed by tptb in the previous season isn’t the Hodges in this episode (again imho)… btw his (Hodges’) anger didn’t seem really out of place..

WitWief, I agree with this statement totally. If you look at who Hodges was as an individual in "Lab Rats" and look at him now. He is two different people. In my own opinion I think Hodges became the character he is now because of Wendy. He became a better person for her.

Yes and he should be angry. :evil: He has had feelings for Wendy for years and he never acted on it, that is why she left, that is why he tried to drown poor henry in the pool. Hodges has only himself to blame. He let the love of his life walk out the door. He has to live with that.

( Wendy is proably lovesick and crazy in Portland too!) :guffaw:

13. DJRideout

Hodges has always stated that he didn't like being in the field. With comments like; "I was right. This is a lot like garbage collecting." And "Let's see: Clean, friendly lab -- bullet-strewn, urine-soaked street -- that's a tough call." The way he looked at his watch like he didn't want to be out in the field any longer then deemed necessary in 'Say Uncle.' I am sure there are other little hints and examples, but they are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

With all the times we have indeed seen Hodges out in the field, is it just me or does it seem like he is a little more comfortable in that role then he lets on? In 'Hog Heaven' when he came into the scene with Greg, nothing before him seemed to phase him (like how Archie reacted with he tripped over the dead body in 'The Panty Sniffer'). In fact, if memory serves me correctly, he suggested he'd start processing the kitchen and that was it. He commented on knowing not to use the washroom at a crime scene, in 'Viva Las Vegas'. And on top of that, he has his own field kit. He's been seen with it in 'Big Shots', 'Hog Heaven', 'Leave Out All The Rest', 'Dead Doll', 'The Theory Of Everything'
    and in the promo picture for 'Cold Blooded'.
    So I was wondering, what others thought on this. Does Hodges have more experience in the field then we know about? Is he more comfortable then he lets on? Or is it just the fact that he's been working in the Crime Lab in Vegas and LA for a number of years and picked up on all of this? And if that were the case, how would the comfort level be explained?

Would love to hear some thoughts

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think he's definitely more "with it" than people give him credit for in the lab. And I think he truly does have a distaste for going into the field, and therefore that's why he hides his innate ability to be so good out there. :)

I also think it's just part of his character to be the one to just waltz in and find a key piece of evidence. It irritates the others, and isn't that part of who he is? :lol: I even wrote that into one of my fanfics where he went into the field. I think it suits him perfectly. :)

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

At this point I tend to believe that there is no continuity at all... so the "dislike" regarding fieldwork is used while convenient in the episode and for the so called "comic relief".

I guess I'm still a little not amused with the way csi is going (no wendy, no continuity, no (of course imho ;)) correct characterhandling (no idea if this is correct english:cool:)

anyhow... a positive side... more Hodges in the field means more screentime.... so no complaining here ;)