Wallace/Hodges: Full Experience #3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, May 10, 2007.

1. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Hodges is the funniest character EVER! I love him! :]

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Yeah, he seems to always be up to something. Always with a little side project or two. But he's usually hush hush over it. Sad thing is, I don't think I get that network up this way...at least I don't think so. Gonna have to check the new digital package I got to see whats available to me.

Speaking of side projects, has anyone seen his recent little clip in "Easy To Assemble"? It's a little cheesy, but I like how he does what HE wants to do. Sure he still got an image to keep, but he's a b list actor and got more leverage to do the independent roles then an a list actor. Personally, I like that more about him.

I also think that is why in some episodes, we only catch a glimpse of him or he's absent from the ep altogether. (this seasons ghost town as an example. His name was mentioned, but was a no show)

I believe he's also working on or cluing up a movie for sometime next year.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up Destiny

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You're welcome, I only got that from the site so that is how I knew he was doing that episode.

As to getting the channel, it depends on what you have cable, satilite, and what company. Me I have Directv. But I recommend going to (if they have one) your companies site and looking up the channel for the package you have. Heck I have had DTV for so long occassionally I find myself looking because they keep adding a channel or they have a channel that I didn't even know they had lol.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I caught Monk Friday night. One of the funnier episodes; what a great character!
    It was a different role for Wallace, but I think he will always be 'Hodges' to me.
    Monk is on the USA network. They usually repeat frequently, or you can watch it online. Definitely worth the hour.

5. riddick

riddick Rookie

Hi everyone, I've never written a post in this topic, I usually visit the Wedges topic. Just wanted to say "happy birthday" to my favorite CSI actor -actually the only reason why I still watch the show. 45 good looking years, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALLY!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I've been neglecting CSI since Grissom left, so any good Hodges episodes this season I should catch up? Thanks in advance !!! :)

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Appendicitement and Field Mice for sure! :)

8. DJRideout

Those two are excellent episodes to watch. Loved them, watched scenes from them many of times...lots of Hodges! Also, Bloodsport, Lovers Lane and Long Ball have a couple nice Hodges scenes.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Hodges is the funniest character in the show.I absolutely love his humor and his whole personality.The sad thing is that now that he has developed an interesting romantic relationship with Wendy,Liz Vassey may not come back for season 11.:scream:I beg the producers to sign her a new contract.I love her too!:p

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Agree on this... I started a new interest in CSI because of space oddity... mostly the character of David Hodges.... and second the indeed interesting relationship with Wendy....

Is already something known about the returning of Wallace Langham in season 11?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  11. DJRideout

Wally has a movie that he finished up last fall titled 'Rain From Stars.' I don't think it's suppose to be released until the Fall of this year, but I happened to find a photo taken of him on set a while back and thought I'd share.

Rain From Stars

As for his return for season 11?? I certainly hope he does, but I have yet to hear anything. I am keeping the fingers crossed though....with the way things are going, ANYTHING is possible, and nothing should be surprising. I just hope that recent events isn't going to be the ultimate demise of his character.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Despite the fact that Wendy is leaving the show I don't think that they want to axe Wallace as he provides the humorous lines that make his character so epic and fun to watch.I hope for a resolution about his relationship with Wendy in the first episodes of season 11.

13. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

ok I'm in ;)
    Until there is some(any) kind of information about Wallace Langham returning or not why not discuss it?

Should he return? Or is the so called new creative direction (ncd) something which shouldn't include Hodges??? considering the fact they already let Wendy go...

Don't get me wrong on this (for my renewed interest in CSI lv is because of this IMHO adorable and witty trace tech), if it were up to me the labrats would stay complete with better storylines for them.. (including superdave and doc)..

I'm curious to other opinions.... :)

14. DJRideout

Well I decided to do the whole 'Ask Ausiello' bit...and ask about Wally. I am tired of not knowing whether or not he'll be present in season 11. I know he is currently filming two other movies...well one of which is now in the post-production stage and the other, the pre-production stage, but that has never hindered his working with CSI before. Unless it's a major role that he has taken on and schedules are conflicting. But again, that hasn't really hindered his role before other then less screen time for Hodges in the beginnings of the 8th season. From what I have read in the past, they were pretty liberal in giving him the time needed for other projects.

I also know that he has mentioned in another interview that he was at the stage in his career where he was ready to take on bigger roles, so who knows. Perhaps this is the time he chose. If that is the case, you can't blame the man for wanting to branch out and do other projects.

But I am hoping to see him back for another season as our lovable trace tech...

15. riddick

riddick Rookie

I don't worry about Wally's come back to the show as much as I'm worried about what he is supposed to do in the show next season. I think we might see an involution of the character, after all Wallace has done to give us a glimpse of Hodges human side I have the feel he'll be back to be just the comic relief of the show in a rawer and more trivial way than we've got used to in the recent seasons. If that was the way TPTB are going I could easily see Wally's choosing for something else to spend his fine acting -and writing- talents on; I'd be on his side, hoping for him to find new interesting roles. As a viewer of that series, a role in Breaking Bad season 4 would be just perfect but I won't ask that much, I just want him to be happy.