Veronica Mars ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by BabaOReilly, Sep 29, 2005.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Can anyone tell me- is VM showing the season premiere this week?

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

It premiered this past Tuesday, though the season premiere was available online for a week beforehand. It was really good too! Though there are some items I took issue with...

I wasn't happy that they killed off Kendall. Plus, now Keith is running for his life in the desert. Also, Dick was a TOTAL JERK, but I felt it was hypocritical of the women at the protest to kick him in his private parts--that's assault and battery, and they want to stand up and say they're mad about crime? Dick is NOT the headshaving rapist. He's just a stupid, drunk college guy acting like an insensitive lout. The gal that kicked him in the package was right to be mad, but wrong to kick him in his private parts and she should have to face assault charges in my opinion. Two wrongs don't make a right, man. I did like the new guy, Piz, who's Wallace's roommate, and it's cool to see Mac around. I'm surprised Veronica got back together with Logan. I wonder what went down...

3. BabaOReilly

^^^ Didn't you see the end of last season? Veronica and Logan were together in the last episode.

And I'm desperately trying to find a copy of the new version of the theme song (We Used To Be Friends, by The Dandy Warhols). I love it!

4. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

What I saw was after prom, she went by his hotel room and Kendall was there... wasn't that the last ep? I remember after that, there was Kendall with the briefcase filled with money delaying Keith from the NY Trip and such, but that was about it.

5. BabaOReilly

No, there was the whole big finale with Cassidy on the roof, and Logan basically showed up just in time to prevent her getting killed. Then he stayed with her (on her sofa) after she thought her father had died in the plane explosion that Cassidy triggered. Then, when all was well again, they were together. :)

Short and sweet, I know... :lol:

6. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

That's just it... it didn't *seem* like they were together at the end of the season at that point--that he just stayed on the couch at her place, then her dad showed up, so I wasn't convinced they were back together at that point.

7. BabaOReilly

So you missed them making out in the hallway when Logan came to drive her to the airport? And him saying a week in New York was too long for her to be away? :lol: They were pretty together at that point.

8. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I didn't see the hallway makeout scene, which explains how I thought that they weren't back together.

9. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(To the mods: Sorry for the double-post. I could no longer edit the one above!)

I LOVED all The Big Lebowski references in this Episode. As a Lebowski achiever, it gives me great pride to hear Kurt say: "Where's the freaking playbook, Larry? You're entering a WORLD OF PAIN, Larry!" (reference to the guy shoving the Dude's head in the toilet at the start of the movie and Walter's threat to little Larry Sellars over his alleged stealing the briefcase full of money!) Rob Thomas is SO FREAKING COOL!!!

As for Claire of that Lilith House getting raped, that stunk. I don't think the Lampoon guys had anything directly to do with it though. I still think that it is someone in the Lilith House that HATES men that is doing it... or in the case of Claire, there is the possibility that it *might* be a fake just to try to knock down more male organizations at Hearst--and specifically implicate someone that works at the Lampoon. IF that is the case, those gals seem to want to make Hearst an all-women's college. Either that or they are like STEREOTYPICAL Feminazis--they claim that they want Equality, but in fact they want DOMINANCE--they want to boss men around and persecute them. If that is the case, they are a bunch of Biatches that deserve to fry in Hell.

Before anyone gets ticked at me, let me say this: Rape is a crime of violence. It is not about sexual gratification. It's about using sex as a weapon to violate someone. Men can be raped too you know. It is not funny. However, people that have not been raped that claim to have been raped just to get revenge on someone/some people that didn't do want they wanted to do, or to give themselves the perception of having some kind of *moral high ground* do great harm to actual victims of rape in that it makes the powers that be not take the charges as seriously as they should.

Something really stinks to high heaven about that Lilith House group. They have an anti-male agenda and they're doing everything they can to forward it. Last I checked, it is possible to advance the status of women WITHOUT trying to trample all over the men. Less than 30% of all women in the US consider themselves to be feminists because the most vocal organizations that call themselves *Womens' groups* have political agendas that they don't agree with. These same groups claim to speak for all women and don't give a voice to any women who don't agree with their platforms on things like abortion, marriage and family, the roles of men as fathers and husbands, and so forth. Lilith House is just like one of those groups.

10. BabaOReilly

Man, are Hankster and I the only ones watching this show? That'd be a shame because it's extremely well-written.

If anyone out there knows where I can find a copy of the new version of "We Used To Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols (themesong), I would be eternally grateful.

Strangely enough, I do agree with Hankster to an extent. The problem with the Lilith House (besides the name... :rolleyes: I could smack Sarah McLaughlin for starting that trend! :p ) is that they're approaching everything with such an angry attitude. Sure, they have a right to be angry- and I'm sorry, that cover picture "response" from The Lampoon was BEYOND bad taste. That would have made me angry as well. But as the saying goes, you get more bees with sugar than vinegar. If they presented their arguments with a more mature stance, people would be more willing to listen. However, these are University age students and everyone knows that most people get a lot of opinions in a hurry when they start getting a world-eye-opener at University. Reactionary response is the name of the game. Most people (hopefully) learn to put forward a more measured response as they grow older. (Except maybe George W.! :p )

And there's also that whole "women mature faster than men" issue... :lol:

Anyhoo... good episode. And still love Logan, despite all his flaws! :)

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I agree, Baba--it's a great show that I enjoy tremendously. And yes, I also agree the Lampoon's response was in poor taste. I'll add one thing to your statement about people maturing: I've seen equally immature behavior from the Bush-haters. Neither political party is talking with the public and their mostly acting like the kids at Hearst College in their campaigning methods. Sad really.

Getting back to Veronica Mars, I think there's more to what's going on at Hearst than what meets the eye, and given those Lilith House gals tactics: Crushing Dick Jr's package 2 episodes ago when he does something in poor taste AND the editor doing an intentional hatchet job on a sorrority that was helping their house mother, I think that it is possible the latest rape was staged in order to give them some kind of moral high ground to advance their agenda, and cast suspiscion on anyone that was working at the Lampoon.

12. BabaOReilly

^^^ That wouldn't surprise me, but from a forensics point of view, it would be difficult to fake a rape, methinks. (See, I have learned stuff from watching CSI! :) )

13. drkate

drkate Corpse

omg, i adore veronica mars! i only just started watching it this year though, and over here we're only up to early season 2...

but since i love my spoilers... hehehehe... what was episode 2 of season 3 like?

man, i wish i lived in america!

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

The thing is, no forensic results have come out on Claire as yet. However, given how lots of folks watch CSI, if there was a will, there would be a way (i.e. put a condom on a fake phallys and intentionally be rough with yourself in order to fave vaginal bruising, scratch your own face with your nails and slame your wrists into a door to simulate defensive wounds, etc.)

15. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

That freaks me out that someone could do that, actually.