Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

(Sid still sucks for scoring the winning goal, says this Pittsburgh native.)
But you guys are very lucky to have him! But if Pittsburgh is that mad at him, just send back to Canada and he can join the poor Toronto Maple Leafs..we need him.

Miller can come too!

On another matter, this was in the Toronto Star today about Bronze Medalist Joannie Rochette. What a remarkable, brave woman to have skated her program just days after her mother's death.

Joannie Rochette

You've got a bad link for the Rochette story.

That was sad, her mom just unexpectedly died. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried after her short program. I think though, that Scott Hamilton cried harder! :D I'm glad she got a medal, even if it knocked the American off of the podium.

Pittsburgh isn't mad at Sid. We're just jealous that he helped the Canadians, not the Americans to win! :lol:

Oh, I cried like a baby after her short program. My friend and I were passing the tissues! :lol: I think I was OK until the end, where she started to get emotional herself... I pretty much lost it when she did.

I did something similar when the Georgians came out during the opening ceremonies. I was downtown when it was on, and I was with this huge group in Robson square watching it on a big screen, and when they came out the crowd started to cheer for them, and there were more than a few teary eyes. It's a sad reason for people to come together, but they did just the same.

Sorry T'Bonz..hope this one works out

Rochette

I did something similar when the Georgians came out during the opening ceremonies. I was downtown when it was on, and I was with this huge group in Robson square watching it on a big screen, and when they came out the crowd started to cheer for them, and there were more than a few teary eyes. It's a sad reason for people to come together, but they did just the same.
I felt so bad for them and I felt very, very bad for the parents of the athelete. I'm a mom too, so I can imagine the pain she must be feeling.

Last edited:
Back