Uncle Mac --The True Hero

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericisacutie, Dec 15, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Glad they got in there. I'm still anxious for more of this!

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

That update got me all excited :lol: Poor Sam :(

3. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Chapter 6
    ----------------------------

Mac finally let up his hold on Sam, and she took that time to leave. She was still crying but she managed to get up and start limping quickly for the door. Suddenly she was stopped again though, this time by Stella.

Stella put her arms out and said, “Whoa Sam, what’s wrong sweetie?”

Mac got to his feet as Sam said, “I just want to go to a house somewhere, I don’t care whose, I just want to go!”

Stella put her arms down and Sam continued to limp for the door. She clutched her side more and more on her way out. Stella then started her way toward Mac and the others as she said, “What happened, I heard screaming… And Mac, you’re hurt.”

Mac touched his head again where he got cut and then he said, “Don’t worry about me Stell, worry about Sam.”

He looked at the others, and then he started his way after Sam again.

She was sitting on the curb next to Mac’s SUV.

Mac slowly approached her. It looked like she had finally stopped crying, but she was holding her side and she had a very painful look on her face. Mac knelt down slowly making sure she wasn’t going to try and run again, then when he knew she could see him, he slowly reached his hand out and said, “I’m so sorry.…….”

Sam didn’t say anything, so Mac continued, “Please come home with me Sam , if you don’t want to stay long term then that’s fine, but you need to rest, and we need to get some ice on your stomach.”

Sam finally made eye contact with Mac as she said slowly, “Ice would be good right about now.”

Mac gave a small grin and then helped Sam to her feet. He helped her get in the passenger seat, and then when he went to shut the door Sam lowered her head and said, “And I’m sorry too.”

“For what?” Mac asked confusedly.

“For making you look bad in front of your team, and the cut above your eye.”

Mac shook his head and said, “Oh don’t worry about that Sam, it’s no problem.”

Sam closed her eyes as she said, “But it is Uncle Mac, it really is, and I’m sorry. Tell Danny that too please, I think I just made myself look like the biggest fool in front of him.”

Mac got inside the car and continued to look over at Sam, then he smiled slightly and said, “You really like Danny don’t you?”

Sam looked up at Mac and said, “I see a lot of you in him….. So of course I do.”

Mac looked down but didn’t say anything. He tried to find the right words, but he just couldn’t.

So he started the motor and then slowly pulled out of his parking place, then him and Sam headed to his apartment.

They arrived there just by five o clock. The sun was beginning to set and people were starting to come home from work.

Mac and Sam walked down the hall to his room and then they went in. Sam went straight for the couch, and Mac went straight to the kitchen. He opened the freezer and pulled out a small ice pack.

He then walked back into the living room and sat down by Sam on the couch. He sat the icepack on her stomach as he said, “30 minutes on, 30 minutes off. I’ll go get you some aspirin, try and relax and I’ll be back in just a second.”

Mac stood up and just as he started to walk away Sam grabbed his hand. He looked down at her as she said softly, “Uncle Mac…. Thank you.”

Mac nodded slowly as he said, “Anything for you Sam, I love you.”

Sam smiled slightly as one single tear rolled down her cheek, she then nodded and said, “I love you too Uncle Mac.”

Mac just stared down at his niece, then he shut his eyes and started his way back down the hall toward the bathroom again.

He reached into his medicine cabinet and pulled down a small bandage. He looked into the mirror and placed it on his forehead. He then grabbed the bottle of aspirin and went in his room.

He sat down on the edge of his bed and stared into the mirror hanging up. He was thinking about everything that had been going on, with his brother, his niece, his job and his life…..

He ended up sitting there just like that for a half an hour. He finally realized how long he had been sitting there when his phone rang.

Messer came up on the screen, so he flipped his phone open and said, “Mac.”

“Hey Mac, it’s Danny…. I was just wondering how Sam’s doing.”

Mac stood up as he said, “Well, she’s pretty shaken up Danny….. I was wondering maybe if you could come over, she seems to really like you, maybe you can make her feel better now that she’s out of harms way.”

Danny immediately said, “Of course Mac, I’ll be there in about an hour, I want to pick a couple of things up first. Can I bring Lindsay?”

“Sure you can,” Mac said gladly.

“Alright, see you in a few minutes then, we’ll bring dinner.”

Mac nodded and Danny hung up. Mac then put his phone away and headed for the living room again. He walked down to the end of the hall, he glanced over at the couch and said, “Hey.”

He caught himself before he got too loud, Sam was lying on the couch fast asleep, and he didn’t want to wake her. So he decided to wait until Danny got closer, he knew he would have no problem what so ever with waking her up then, because he knows she totally has a crush on him………. (Who Wouldn’t? :devil: :devil:)

---------------------------------------
    TBC :lol:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Loved the ending :lol: I think it's funny but cute that Danny/Lindsay are taking their boss dinner! I loved the idea that Danny is Mac's 'Son' :)

5. ericisacutie

:lol: :lol: That is funny! But Danny was really going to bring dinner for Sam. :lol:

6. MacsGirlMel

awww cute :) More more!

who wouldn't have a crush on Mac lol

7. ericisacutie

Chapter 7

----------------------------------------------

Mac waited about 45 minutes before waking up Sam. When the clock struck seven he walked over to the couch and placed his hand on her shoulder. Then he gently moved her and said, “Hey Sam, you need to wake up. There’s a couple of people coming over to see you.”

Sam’s eyes slowly opened as she said, “Who?”

Mac smiled and said, “Danny and Lindsay.”

Sam’s eyes shot open as she said, “When!”

Mac backed off a little as he said, “They’ll probably be here in about fifteen minutes, maybe sooner.”

Sam came up into a sitting position as she said glaring at Mac, “Why are you letting them come Uncle Mac?”

Mac looked confused, then he said, “Huh, I invited them, I thought you might like to spend some time with Danny.”

Sam’s eyes blinked, then she stood up. She started her way down the hall as she said, “Do you have a hair brush? A toothbrush? Make up?!!”

She was in a panic, Mac then shook his head to the side with a smile as he said, “We’ll have to go shopping tomorrow, but for now there is an extra toothbrush bottom drawer, my hair brush is on the cabinet, and…… The middle drawer should have some of my wives things in it, you can use whatever you like.”

Sam turned back around to face Mac, then she lowered her head as she said normally, “Are you sure?”

Mac nodded and said, “Yea, I’d rather you use them then anyone else anyway.”

Sam nodded and then went into the bathroom.

Mac sat down at the table and five minutes later his doorbell rang. He stood back up and walked toward it as he yelled, “Hey Sam, they’re here!”

Sam moaned then Mac answered the door.

“Hey Danny, Lindsay, thanks for coming……… What all did you guys bring? Mac asked shocked by the bags of stuff in their hands.

Lindsay smiled and said, “Danny picked up some things for dinner, and I picked some things up for Sam. Like welcoming gifts for her.”

Danny and Lindsay walked in, then Mac lowered his voice and said, “I’m not sure how long she’s going to be here actually.”

“What are you talking about Mac, you’re the closes family she has.” Danny said.

“I know Danny, but there’s going to be a hearing in two weeks. I won’t know anything until then, just that Sam will be staying with me between now and then.”

Mac took the bag of food from Danny and sat it on the table, he started looking in it as he said, “You know you two, it’s not very kosher to bring dinner to your boss.”

Lindsay laughed as Danny said, “Well, don’t eat any of it then. We brought it for Sam anyway.”

Mac gave Danny one of his looks again, and then they heard a door close from down the hall. Lindsay looked down it and saw Sam making her way toward them.

Lindsay smiled as did Sam, then Lindsay said, “Hey Sam, how are you feeling?”

Sam shrugged her shoulders as Mac and Danny looked at her too, then she said, “I’m alright…. Thanks for coming.”

Danny and Lindsay nodded. Then Mac smiled and said, “You look really nice.”

Sam glanced over at Mac and gave him a glare, then Danny giggled and went to sit down on the couch. Lindsay helped Mac fix up the food, and Sam went and sat by Danny.

He looked at her and smiled as he said, “So, what do you have in mind for tomorrow?”

Sam looked down as she said, “I’m not really sure Mr. Messer, I don’t really know the arrangements yet…….”

Danny just nodded, he didn’t know what else he should say.

A few seconds past, then Sam tapped Danny’s arm and when he looked at her she said very softly, “What’s going to happen to my dad?”

Danny blinked, then Mac walked around the corner. Sam wasn’t facing him so she didn’t know he was there, but Danny did. He blinked again and said through bubbles, “Well Sam, he’s going to be in jail for a long time.”

Sam nodded then she turned around. Mac gave a small grin, then he turned back around to finish helping Lindsay.

Sam and Danny sat talking for a few more minutes, then Lindsay told them both to get to the table. So they obeyed.

Sam sat at one end and Danny and Lindsay were on both sides of her, and Mac was sitting at the other end. They all started eating, and then just as Sam put a fork of food in her mouth Lindsay said, “So Mac, what do you work tomorrow?”

Mac blinked and then said, “Six to Six.”

“12 hours?” Danny asked sounding shocked.

“Yea Danny, why do you seemed so amazed, I’ve worked several 12 hour days before.”

“I know, but it’s just what about Sam, she shouldn’t stay by herself, we don‘t know who else might be working with or for her no good father.”

Lindsay kicked under the table and hit Danny’s shin. Danny yelped with pain and Sam dropped her drink…… It ended up falling right on Danny’s lap. He yelled again from the coldness touching his skin, then he stood up with a jolt.
    “What in the hell did you kick me for!” Danny asked.

Lindsay just glared at Danny, then Danny said, “I just thought with everything that has been going on that she probably doesn’t need to stay alone, especially with all of the injuries that she has because her damned father.”

Sam looked down, then she pushed herself away from the table and walked out of the room. She went down the hall to Mac’s room. She walked in and slammed the door and locked it.

Mac looked over at Danny and said, “Way to go Danny.”

“Why is this my fault, he’s abused her, why is she acting like that?”

Mac closed his eyes as he said, “Because Danny, just like you said, he’s abused her.”

Danny just shook his head as he said, “I still don’t understand why she got so pissed at me.”

Lindsay just glared at Danny, then she took off down the hall to try and get Sam to come out, but she didn’t have any luck. Danny gathered his stuff and left at once. He slammed the door on the way out, and then Mac went and met Lindsay by his bedroom door.

He gently knocked on the door as he said depressed, “Sam, please come out.”

There was no answer. Mac wasn’t going to push it, so he looked at Lindsay and said, “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. We just need to give her time. Thanks for dinner.”

Lindsay nodded, then she rubbed Mac’s arm. After that she headed home……

Mac put away the leftovers and went to sit on the couch. He reached into the table drawer next to him and pulled out a photo album. He started flipping through pictures, then on the sixth page a special picture caught his attention.

It was of him, Justin and Sam the day she was born. He couldn’t take his eyes off the photo. But something ended up making him. Just as Mac blinked he heard a gun shot, the album fell to the floor as he jumped up off of the couch. He then heard two more shots, he started running down the hall as he screamed, “Sam!!!!”

----------------------------------------
    TBC - More action coming up! :)

8. MacsGirlMel

ack fix it fix it! And soon!

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I had to look 'kosher' up :lol:

And yeh fix it!!!

10. ericisacutie

Chapter 8
    ------------------------------

Mac made it to the end of the hall and with out even trying to open the door he stuck his foot out and kicked the door down. Sam was standing up right beside the bed, she had a very worried look on her face, then she said, “Uncle Mac, I heard….”

Before Sam could finish what she was saying another shot was fired and it came straight through the window. It ended up going right between where Sam and Mac were standing.

Sam then had a horrified look on her face, Mac grabbed her arm and pulled her over toward him. Then they both started running down the hall toward the front door.

Another two shots were fired as Mac grabbed his car keys and pushed Sam out of the front door. As they continued to run Mac could hear heavy foot steps behind them.

The front door was about 500 feet in front of them, but it was a straight shot and Mac knew whoever was following them would be able to shoot before they could get out. So you could either go left or right in the last corridor before the door, so Mac pulled Sam left.

They continued to run down that hall, then there was another left and right that led into small indents in the wall either way. So Mac pushed Sam into the left one and he hid in the right one.

They were completely across from each other, Mac reached in his belt and pulled out his gun. Sam’s eyes got bigger, Mac could tell it scared her, but he had no choice. He put his finger up to his mouth in a hushing sort of way, then they both heard two voices begin to talk.

“Where did they go? We just saw them!”

“Be quiet. They either were much faster than us and continued out the door, so that means they’re getting away, or they went right or left.”

“Well we can’t go all three ways, there’s only two of us,” the first voice said softly.

The 2nd voice then started again.
    “I don’t know which way they went, but we have to try something. You go straight and see if you can see them, and I’ll go right first, and then I’ll circle around and come back out from the left. Now go!”

The guys went their ways, and Sam and Mac both just stayed where they were for the moment. Sam was shaking yet again.

Mac slowly took his phone out, then he even slower peaked around the corner to make sure they were both gone. The coast was clear for the moment, but Mac could hear people talking and freaking out from all of the gun shots. He figured they didn’t have much time. So he hit speed dial number 1, then he grabbed Sam’s hand and they started running again. They made it back to the corridor that led to the door, the hallways were still empty, but Mac knew he didn’t have much time to make his choice.

So just as he heard a voice come on his phone they started there way back down the hall toward his apartment. When they made it back there they both got in and Mac shut and locked the door. Then he put the phone up to his ear and said quietly but quickly, “Don, two guys broke into my room, they fired their guns and I’m sure they’re after…..”

Mac paused as he looked over at Sam, Sam shut her eyes as he continued, “I’m sure they’re working for Justin. Anyway, they’re still here in the building looking for us, we’re back in my room now, we’re going to go out the window and try and make it down to Danny’s apartment. I need you to send some guys there, and here. And Don, hurry!”

He hung up the phone and looked back over at Sam. He then walked over in front of her and said, “Sam, we have to go, I’m sorry.”

Sam put her hand up as she said, “Don’t worry.”

Mac gave her a small smile and then they headed back to Mac’s room. He walked over to the window and said, “Don’t follow until I say so, do you hear me?”

Sam nodded her head, then Mac slowly started to climb out of the window with his gun drawn. He looked around fully, then he looked back at Sam and motioned for her to come.

She did as her Uncle requested and followed. They both then climbed down the stairs leading downwards, and then they started off down the ally way. They were both in sort of a jog, Danny’s apartment building was just a couple of blocks down from Mac’s.

So they continued on the rout they were on until unfortunately they were stopped. Sam was on Mac’s left, and just as they came to the first intersection a man jumped out from the left and knocked Sam right in the head with the butt of his gun.

Sam fell to the ground, again bleeding. Mac turned to face the guy and just then cop lights started down the ally way. The bad guy was distracted for just a moment, just long enough for Mac to return the favor he had given to Sam. He whacked the guy square in the face and he fell to the ground and dropped his gun.

Sam slowly reached out to pick it up when Mac knelt down beside her. He used his hand to push her hair out of her face, and almost in the exact same place he had been cut earlier the same day, Sam was now too. She handed Mac the gun, and then began to stand up. He stood up too and in just enough time. She lost her balance and fell to the side. He grabbed her arm just as she said, “Damn it! Why me?”

The police officer got out of the car and handcuffed the guy. Sam then just shook her head to the side and began walking again. Mac followed quickly and soon they had arrived in front of Danny’s building. They walked in and went straight down the hall to his room.

Mac knocked about six times on the door and then Danny opened it. Mac pushed Danny back as him and Sam rushed in. Mac shut the door and locked all three locks as he said, “Danny, you were right.”

Mac looked back at Danny, then he finished, “They broke into my apartment, and they shot. They’re after Sam, and I don’t know why besides the fact Justin obviously put them up to it.”

Nothing was said for a minute, Sam staggered over to Danny’s couch and sat down, then Danny lowered his head as he said, “I’m sorry Mac….. I didn’t want to be right, I really didn’t, I just know how sometimes these kind of things turn out.”

Mac nodded his head, then Danny looked over at Sam. Mac then cleared his throat and said, “Flack’s on his way now, if we weren’t followed here, then Sam will go back to the police station with him.”

Danny continued to stare at Sam, but then he glanced back over to Mac and said, “And….. You?”

Mac looked Danny in the eye as he said, “I’ll do what I have to Danny, that’s all I can say.”

----------------------------------------------------
    TBC

11. MacsGirlMel

I hope they find the other guy. More more!

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

It's morning over here, just checking in, and that woke me up- action Mac :D

13. ericisacutie

Chapter 9
    --------------------------------

Ten minutes later Flack and three other cops showed up at Danny’s apartment. Mac opened the door quickly and then hustled them in. Once they got the door shut back again Flack looked over at Sam.

Sam wasn’t paying him any attention at all though, she was staring out of the window pretending like no one else was around.

Mac pulled Flack down the hall as the other three cops stayed talking to Danny.

Once they got out of view Mac looked Flack straight in the eye as he said, “Once you guys get to the police station call me, and stay there! Don’t let anybody, and I mean anybody leave with her unless I call you and tell you someone specific is on there way to bring her home, understand? Stay with her, try and keep her calm, and if you can, try and find out what else Justin did to her, or said to her.”

Flack closed his eyes as he nodded, “I will Mac, I promise I will take care of her.”

Mac nodded too and then said, “I know you will….. thank you.”

Flack nodded once more and than they both headed back to the living room again.

Sam was still sitting on the couch ignoring everything that was going on around her. When Mac got back into the living room he stopped at Danny and the police officers. He looked down as he said softly, “Can you guys give us a minute please.”

Danny and the officers nodded and then disappeared down the hall Mac and Flack had just come from.

Mac and Flack then slowly walked over toward Sam. Mac knelt down in front of her. He then placed his hand on her arm as she slowly turned her head to face him.

She had a blood stream down the side of her face, it was dried now but it looked pretty bad. Mac took a hanky out of his pocket and wiped most of it off, then one tear dropped from Sam’s eye as she said, “What happens if there’s more.”

“More what Sam?” Mac asked calmly.

“Guys,” she said shaking, “What happens if there’s even more out there looking for me.”

Mac rubbed her arm, then a few seconds later two more tears came from her eyes as she said, “I don’t think I’m ready to die Uncle Mac, and I’m scared.”

Flack’s head lowered at once not knowing how to feel but extremely sad, then Mac leaned up and hugged her as he said, “Don’t you even think that Sam, not for one minute……. No one else is going to hurt you, Detective Flack is going to watch you for a while.”

Sam pulled away from her Uncle as she said, “Do I have to go?…….. I just want to stay somewhere, somewhere where the sun shines, somewhere where I can sleep on a bed of clouds…… Somewhere where I can spend good times with all of my friends, and the ones I love…….. But I don’t know if that’s ever going to be possible now.”

Sam looked down, but then Mac put his hand on the side of her face as he said, “What’s that you always used to say to me?….. Anything is possible, if you just believe.”

Sam looked back up at Mac as she said, “What happens if I lose you too though, what will I do then?”

“That won’t happen sweetie…… but if there is ever a time when I’m not around, I know a lot of people who will take really good care of you, and two of those people are in here right now.”

Danny had walked back into view, Sam then looked over at him and Flack both and just faintly smiled. Then she looked back at Mac and said, “I love you Uncle Mac!”

She put her arms around his neck again, then he began to stand with her as he said, “I love you too Sam…..and I always will.”

Sam let go of Mac, then she looked down and began walking toward Danny. He smiled down at her and then she wrapped her arms around him. Danny kissed the top of her head and then said, “He’ll be okay, I’ll make sure of it.”

Danny pulled away from Sam slightly and then she said, “You be careful too Mr. Messer, Lindsay won’t be too happy if you can’t go kiss and make up with her later.”

Danny smiled at once and then nodded, “Will do Sam, will do.”

She smiled slightly and then turned around toward Flack, he walked up to her and put his hand out. She looked down at it, then she slowly took hold of it.

Her and Flack then began to walk toward the door with the other officers. Once they made it there Mac stopped them and said, “Sam.”

She looked over at him, then he said smiling, “Tomorrow……I promise it will be better than today was.”

Sam looked at her Uncle strongly as she said, “How can you promise something like that?”

Mac walked back up to her one last time and then said, “Because…….“ he paused a second, then he finished.

“I just know.”

Sam nodded her head again, then all five of them left leaving just Danny and Mac alone in the apartment together.

Once the door shut Mac looked back at Danny and said, “I better get going now too, can I use your window?”

Danny started rummaging through a drawer by the couch as Mac said, “What are you doing?”

Danny pulled out one of his guns and started loading it as he said, “I’m going with you.”

“No you’re not Danny,” Mac said sternly.

Danny finished loading the gun and then stuck it in his belt as he said, “Yes…. I am. I just told a teenager something, and I’m going to stand by what I said…. Now let’s go, and yes, we can use my window.”

Danny started down the hall without waiting for another word from Mac. A few seconds later Mac followed with “his” look on his face. Danny slightly giggled as he said, “You first, or me?”

Mac pushed past him and opened the window. He then looked over at Danny as he said, “I wonder where you get that attitude of your from.”

“What attitude?” Danny asked at once.

Mac just glared at Danny as he said, “The “I’m not going to listen to anyone” attitude.”

Danny smiled as he said, “Ohhhhh, that one. Don’t you remember, you taught it to me about a month ago.”

Mac rolled his eyes and then climbed out of the window. Danny followed and then they began down the stairs.

Once they got down to the ground Mac and Danny followed the same ally way back to Mac’s apartment as him and Sam used earlier.

They managed to make it all of the way there without any rude disturbances, but unfortunately once they arrived that didn’t last very long…………….

---------------------------------------
    TBC

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

These cliffhangers.... I hate them :lol:

15. MacsGirlMel

argh why are you so mean? More more more!