TV Show Nominations

Re: TV Show Emmy Nominations

It's the right of passage with CSI as it is with the orginial Law and order, I remember that every year for a long time they were nominated and suddenly they were closed out. One actor I don't remember who its been awhile said something to the effect that, "it was the right of passage when a show is no longer nominated, it just means that they are to afraid that it would so popular it would out shine the other nominees and or win everytime."

Hmm Well that makes sense to me. :D even though they stopped being Nominated L&O the orginial has lasted 17 years.

The only thing I think that has made L&O last as long as it has is the revolving door, while it can be a pain it has also allowed different actors to come in and work for so long, leave and bring in "fresh blood", the problem with CSI is that no one would really want that, where as were use to it with Law and order.

*snaps* Well slap my butt and call me Betty. CSI shut out again. Not that it's much of a surprise, but we all know how it's going to go. When CSI is in it's 10th season (Assuming it goes that long), it'll be nominated for every Emmy because it will have been CSI's last year. (Hopefully)

I'm hoping House wins an Emmy. It's such a great show, and it deserves to win.

-And I really think CSI should at least be nominated even if it's never going to win an Emmy. This is why I watch the People's Choice Awards.

Creative Arts Emmy's
Dozens of entertainment's brightest confirmed as presenters for the 2006 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

Julie Bowen, Tim Busfield, Sarah Chalke,
Patricia Clarkson, Stephen Collins, Jon Cryer,
James Denton, Jennifer Garner, Neil Patrick Harris,
Mark Harmon, Kathryn Joosten, Jane Kaczmarek,
Melina Kanakaredes, Tom Kenny, John C. McGinley,
Cesar Millan, Timothy Olyphant, Mary Lynn Rajskub,
Christina Ricci, Aisha Tyler, Isaiah Washington,
Robin Weigert, Kevin Weisman, Brad Whitford,
Mark Valley, and Chandra Wilson.

The ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 19 at the Shrine Auditorium. E! Entertainment Television will air the awards show as a 2-hour special on Saturday, August 26 at 8:00 (ET/PT). Penn & Teller are the hosts.

The 2006 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards is set to highlight more than 73 categories of Emmy Awards including Outstanding Guest Actor/Actress in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Guest Actor/Actress in Drama Series.

-------

Presenters for the 58th Annual Emmy Awards on August 27th:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Edie Falco, James Gandolfini,
Dennis Haysbert, Felicity Huffman, Heidi Klum,
Hugh Laurie, Evangeline Lilly, Matthew Perry,
Jon Stewart, Keifer Sutherland, Eva Longoria,
Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tina Fey, Wentworth Miller,
Stephen Colbert, Helen Mirren, Bradley Whitford,

Updated:
Jason Lee, Jamie Pressly, Ellen Pompeo,
Patrick Dempsey, William Petersen.

So... they tape the Creative Arts Emmy's on the 19th and air it on the 26th? Huh.

I am so upset that Grey's Anatomy is gonna be on at the same time as CSI. I really liked it but now, I am so peeved that I am not even gonna watch Grey's Anatomy!

58th Annual Emmy Awards on August 27th, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, Live Broadcast on NBC at 8p/7c

Presenters Confirmed for the 58th Annual Emmy Awards on August 27th: (updated)

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Edie Falco, James Gandolfini,
Dennis Haysbert, Felicity Huffman, Heidi Klum,
Hugh Laurie, Evangeline Lilly, Matthew Perry,
Jon Stewart, Keifer Sutherland, Eva Longoria,
Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tina Fey, Wentworth Miller,
Stephen Colbert, Helen Mirren, Bradley Whitford,
Jason Lee, Jamie Pressly, Ellen Pompeo,
Patrick Dempsey, William Petersen.

Update:
Charlie Sheen, Martin Sheen, Candice Bergen,
Ray Liotta, Simon Cowell, Jeffrey Tambor,
John Lithgow, Bob Newhart.

Ok, I'll throw a tape in just for the presenters. But, I'm watching the baseball game. :D

eugh. if it is the whole "right of passage" thing that has snubbed CSI out again, then i hope the cast and crew know about that.
cause i mean i'd be pretty pissed if after winning so much there, then being ignored suddenly!

also i enjoy seeing all the cast out and about

E!Online -- HBO Reigns Over Creative Emmys

Here's a rundown of some of the evening's big winners:
  • Guest Actor, Comedy: Leslie Jordan, Will & Grace (NBC)
  • Guest Actress, Comedy: Cloris Leachman, Malcolm in the Middle (Fox)
  • Guest Actor, Drama: Christian Clemenson, Boston Legal (ABC)
  • Guest Actress, Drama: Patricia Clarkson, Six Feet Under (HBO)
  • Best Animated Program: The Simpsons (Fox)
  • Outstanding Children’s Program: tie: High School Musical (Disney), I Have Tourette's but Tourette's Doesn't Have Me (HBO)
  • Best Reality Series: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
  • Variety, Music or Comedy Special: XX Olympic Winter Games, Opening Ceremony
  • Governor's Award: mtvU

IMO I am happy to see Extreme Makeover: Home Edition won again its an awesome show.

ETA: The list of the Teen Choice Winners, is out.

I have to say I am surprised that Hugh Laurie didn't get nominated.
Strange.

Ah well... It's always strange. :p

First Dick Clark is set to be honored, and now, A Tribute Salute To The Late Aaron Spelling

Late television industry leader Aaron Spelling will be honored as part of this year's "58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards," hosted by Conan O'Brien, airing live Sunday, August 27 (8:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on NBC. Stars from some of Spelling's numerous hit series, including Joan Collins ("Dynasty"), Steven Collins ("7th Heaven") and Heather Locklear ("Melrose Place") will take part in a tribute to his illustrious career as one of television's most prolific and successful producers of dramatic series and made-for-television films.

Red Carpet 7-8pm and the awards 8-11pm, all times are est.

On NBC here in the states. Check local listings for time and channel.

Back