Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

New Torchwood is still so far away. I'm pulling my hair out, I have no patience. Thanks for the info Missie.

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I've just watched the Children of Earth trailer. Wow, that looks intense! And Jack and Ianto kissing in the trailer was very nice, too. :devil:

I only wished now I would live in the UK! But unlucky me has to wait for the DVD release! :(

3. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

That preview was awesome. It's been so long I nearly gave up on that show, but now I have hope. I squuueeeed, Janto kiss!!! Let's hope there are lots of those moments. I'm sad we only get what, 5 eps? What is up with the BBC? That just seems like...not nearly enough. Are they going to cancel the show? Can't be since it's so popular, even here in U.S. OH Maybe if it gets cancelled on BBC and American company will pick it up and make an American verson, like they did with Queer as Folk. If so hopefully they'll keep the real cast, no one could be Jack harkness but John Barrowman and No One can be Ianto but Gareth! I can think of plenty to replace Gwen hehehe...sry!

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Wow that trailer was intense. I can't wait for the new season to start. I just wish it was a full season. All this waiting and it is over in a week. *sigh*

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I saw the promo. It looked really good, even I was impressed. I'm still afraid that the series will go down 'cause in only two seasons were few eps which were disappointing for me. I don't want to have too high hopes...

6. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Looks like the most recent news (at least for the US) is that Children of Earth (aka Season 3) will be "Coming in July" according to BBC America - Torchwood. There has been talk of it airing in the UK in mid June, but since they're "supposed" to air the same week in both countries, who really knows for sure. :rolleyes:

However, there has been some info about the three radio shows they will be airing on BBC Radio 4 which will actually be before Children of Earth. The site says that it will "bridge the gap" between Lost Souls and Children of Earth, but there are no dates posted yet. I'm posting the link to the article about the radio shows, but beware that it contains spoilers as it gives descriptions of each of the radio shows: SPOILERS - Torchwood Radio Shows Article

7. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Thanks Fieldmouse! I hope it will air this summer. I was afraid they would postpone it 'til Christmas or the last day of this year. I don't do patience very well. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the radio plays. I enjoyed listening to 'Big Bang Day'. I'll check regularly to see if they have announced the dates.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I've just seen an advert for 'Children of Earth' (I liked the advert, it looked good). Apparently it's airing the week of July 6th on the BBC. :)

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Oh, finally !!! Thanks for the info Elsie !!! :)

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I am looking forward to this! Finally! Thanks Elsie!

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

according to the bbc tw microsite, tw season 3 will begin airing in the uk on 6th july at 9pm on bbc1. i'm really excited actually, i like tw a lot (especially gwen). i have a friend who is the biggest tw fangirl in existence so i'm sure i'll get loads of wittering about it from her :)

it'll be nice to have something to fill the doctor who shaped void that we have at the moment :)

12. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Ooh thanks!! I'm glad I wandered in here :D Definitely putting a reminder in my phone for this.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

1 hour and counting for those of us with access to BBC!!!
    (not that I'm gloating or anything ;-)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It airs the week of July 20 in the US. I can't wait!!