Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

thanks, FieldMouse. i've always thought it's a series for the tween-early 20's set, like Buffy or Angel (sorta, the last time i watched them).

i read a bit about him on his official site. i still have to read more articles about him on his career and on his personal life and more about the show of course.

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Is there any definite timing yet for the airing of season 3? *is getting impatient*

3. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Nothing that I've heard, and you know I'm keeping an eye out for the date. :lol:

Did anyone see Knight Rider tonight? I haven't really watched the show, but it was on in the background. I started paying attention when I saw that one of the characters was dressed as Capt Jack for Halloween. :thumbsup:

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh my, I've just watched the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Wow, I mean I loved James Marsters as Spike, he's such a great actor and the way he plays the villain makes me wish to be evil myself. Seeing him again in Torchwood as a bad boy and ex-lover of Jack. Well, I can honestly say that it was more than hot. Those two just hit it off. :devil:

I'm excited about how it all will play out since I know (thanks to my not existent spoiler resistance) that John will return.

And how cute is a jealous Ianto? ;)

Well, I'm still in awe and really can't form any coherent thoughts right now.

Oh, but this one I have to say, I think that Jack needed to see the Doctor again, spend time with him because he made him remember what a great gift life is. Now that did sound really cheesy, didn't it?

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

OMG, this thread was so long dead a bit... maybe it'll change now?

I see that no one knows when will be next season. I can't find any info, maybe somebody already knows something?

Finally I watched Torchwood in Polish BBC and I really enjoyed. Here was aired only first season and now I'm waiting when my uncle will send me DVDs with both series. I really need them 'cause Torchwood in Polish TV is... censored. Don't ask me why, it was really late so well, who cares? I was especially angry when I finally saw full ep Captain Jack Harkness. Final kiss was so close and then... cut. Ehhh.

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Here's an interview (spoilers) with Torchwood producer Peter Bennett, where he says: "we have to deliver the whole thing, with all effects and music, by March". So, I guess, we'll have to wait for a while to see the new episodes...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hi Deirdre, good to see you here, too ;)!

The kiss was cut? That kiss was so awesome and beautiful! Hope you checked it out on youtube then.

I'm halfway through S2 and so far I like it a lot. I just have my usual problems with Gwen but yeah, great season so far!

I have a question though. Do I have to watch Doctor Who S4 parallel to Torchwood S2 because I know (damn those spoilers and me for reading them :cool:) that Jack will be in the S4 finale of Doctor Who.

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

You should probably watch S2 of Torchwood before you watch S4 of Doctor Who, because that's the order they were broadcast in. You'd definitely need to have seen the season finale of Torchwood before you watch the last 3 eps of Doctor Who.

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Of course, and not even once! It's one of my favourite TV moments... That was so hot so well, maybe in Polish BBC they were afraid to damage few screens 'cause of this tension:devil: But they showed the small kiss between Jack and Ianto in the final ep. When I saw it I was in shock - I was laying and after a second I was standing:lol: Miracles sometimes can happen;)

Oh, I really like Gwen, so I won't have problems with her, lol. But yay, for captain John. Just can't wait to see it. He and Jack - yummy, hot couple:devil:

I have so many to update, especially with Doctor Who. I like this TV show but sometimes action is just too fast, lol. Torchwood is much slower and sometimes it's better to watch but anyway, I need to make few updates;)

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

So, I've finally watched all of season 2 and wow, what a finale.

Fragments was a great episode I just loved the insights we got in the characters. The bantering/flirting between Ianto and Jack was great and I just knew that Owen had his heart broken at some point in his life.

The finale was just awesome. Captain John was back! I really like his character because he brings out another side in Jack that I would really like to see explored. I'd love to learn more about the "old" Jack.
    Anyway, although I really enjoyed the Jack/Gray (or is it Grey?) story line, Tosh and Owen's deaths brought me to tears! First I thought I could make it without shedding tears but I cried all throughout the end credits.
    I've always liked Owen and his "first" death was painful enough but to see him so desperate ... and Tosh? So sad ...

Now I'm excited where they're going from there. Wonder what new team members they'll have in the new season?

Oh, and I really have to say it, and I hope you'll all forgive me, but Ianto and Jack? Cute couple and I totally see them but I always have the feeling that Ianto is some kind of consolation prize for Jack. As much as I've enjoyed their dance at Gwen's wedding Jack looking at her was so ... ah, just don't like the way Jack and Gwen interact. Too much tension between them and somehow I think it will blow some time in the future.

11. FieldMouse

I don't really think he's a consolation prize. There may be some attraction between Jack and Gwen, but as you can see in Fragments it's always been there between Jack and Ianto too. And I suspect if it wasn't for Lisa, then they may have acted on that sooner. I do get a little aggravated that TPTB still write some tension in between Jack and Gwen, but I think they do realize that there is a lot of chemistry between Jack and Ianto. And no doubt that they know that the fans think there is too. (Of course, writer's don't alwasys seem to care :lol:.) But there has been mention about the Jack/Ianto relationship for S3 so I'm hopeful that they're going to keep going that route.

And if not I'm going to want to knock some sense into Gwen because she has the nicest, most supporting husband ever and she should be grateful for that.

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I know exactly what you mean! Rhys is the world's nicest guy, and Gwen can be downright awful to him sometimes. It drives me crazy!!! Can't she see what a good thing she's got?

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

You can kill me if you want:lol: I'm a Jack/Gwen shipper a bit, but honestly I'm enjoying all ships in Torchwood and I can easily read all kind of fics. Anyway, I totally agree that Rhys is very supportive and amazing, probably the best thing on the whole world for Gwen. But sometimes people want to have things which are impossible to get. Gwen has problem to decide which side she really wants - being happy wife with Rhys or take a risk and try to be with Jack. Well, option with Rhys she can have for 99,99% (not 100% 'cause who knows what future will show) but with Jack... I think we know how it would be with Jack (ok, not us but Ianto for sure, lol). And I think that's all what I wanted to say;)

14. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I SAW THAT EPISODE! i thought it was hilarous. everyone was picking on the guy. "you're dressed up as a gay time-traveller?" the more he tried to explain his costume, the more they would pick on him. it was priceless!!

15. FieldMouse

Oh you're one of thoooose! ;) :lol: (Although I see you're a Crais fan from your new avvie so you're forgiven. :D) But seriously, I can see why she'd be infatuated with him. Rhys is a great guy, and loves her and will always be there. But Jack is dangerous and exciting. What woman wouldn't be fawning over Jack? :drool:

And speaking of exciting! There was a little blurb over at the BBC site about Torchwood. Which I can't view :rolleyes:, but am still posting here for those who can: BBC I'm also including the actual text here. And while it's really not spoilery, I don't want to take any chances so I'm putting in a spoiler tag
    Updated 27/01/09

A sneak preview of the highly anticipated third series will be shown in New York next month - and it will be available on this site as soon as it's released!

The preview has been made for New York ComicCon 2009 - the second largest pop culture convention in America. The event will include a panel discussion with Eve Myles and director Euros Lyn in attendance.

Torchwood: Children of Earth finds the team embarking on a single action-packed adventure as they fight for the future of the human race against the fiercest force they have yet encountered.

"Torchwood face their toughest battle to date in this new series," says Russell T Davies. "This latest threat causes global shockwaves and the team has to fight with everything they've got to survive. Viewers are in for a real treat."

Torchwood: Children of Earth will air in America on the same day as the UK, meaning American audiences will have almost no lag time in seeing the series. Torchwood has garnered much media acclaim in America, including USA Today dubbing it "one of TV's most entertaining sci-fi romps," Los Angeles Times calling it "grown-up, dark, energetic" and TV Guide proclaiming, "If John Barrowman's Capt. Jack Harkness is the head of Torchwood, then Eve Myles' Gwen Cooper is the heart."

According to this, there will be a preview of Children of Earth at the 2009 New York ComicCon which runs Feb 5-8th. And it also says it will be available on the BBC site as soon as it's released. And I'm sure it will be all over the place soon after that. :lol:

The most exciting news for those of us in the US is that it will air in the US on the same day as in the UK! No waiting for weeks! :thumbsup:​