Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Re: Torchwood ~ *Spoilers*

BBC radio 4 has a special radio program about the Large Hadron Collider tomorrow called 'Big Bang Day'. At 2.15 pm they will air a Torchwood radio play called 'Lost souls'.

Click here for more information.

2. Salean

Salean Rookie

There's a Torchwood thread, and I somehow managed to miss it?

Did any of you listen to the radio play this afternoon? It was good.

3. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I loved it!

"Gwen? Come in Gwen."
    "What is it, Ianto?"
    "My bike has got a bell!"
    "I'm very pleased for you."

:guffaw:

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I managed to listen to it, so funny with people vanishing in the new particles collider !!! :lol:
    But it's sad that Tosh and Owen are not there anymore. :(

[​IMG]

The new series of Doctor Who spinoff Torchwood will follow one action-packed adventure throughout its run, the BBC has revealed.

Torchwood: Children of Earth will see Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) and team battling to save the future of mankind against the fiercest force they have ever encountered.

Filming on the five-part series - Torchwood's third - has just begun in Cardiff and the production team have "plenty of surprises in store", said creator Russell T Davies.

"The new series of Torchwood is hugely bold and promises to be bigger and better than ever – the audience is in for an amazing ride," he said."

"This series is one big serial and the most ambitious story we've ever made."

I'd Do Anything judge Barrowman returns as Captain Jack while Eve Myles and Gareth David-Jones are back as Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones.

And joining the regular cast are The Thick of It actor Peter Capaldi as a civil servant hiding a terrible secret and Bad Girls actress Liz May Brice as Johnson, a sceptical covert government agent with a score to settle against Torchwood.

Julie Gardner, head of drama for BBC Wales, said: "We hope to make Torchwood a gripping and surprising TV event with storylines that push our team into greater danger and sacrifice." (source: inthenews).

5. Salean

Salean Rookie

Yeah, that was one of my favourite moments too. Along with:

"Do you see these clouds?"
    "Yes..."
    "What do they look like?"
    "Candyfloss!"

And the whole ambassador/wife/personal assistant thing. Gwen and Ianto sounded like they were loving it... Jack didn't so much.

Yeah, the new season looks really good. I stumbled across some videos that people had taken of the filming in Cardiff and they were cool. Gwen, Rhys and Ianto stealing a laptop and Ianto stealing a credit card.
    Wonder what that's all about?

6. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

"Candyfloss!" :guffaw:

Of course Jack didn't like to be the ambassadors personal assistant. His 51st century ego suffered a small blow there! :lol:

Salean, can you tell me where I can find those video's? I want to see! :)

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I don't think this is any of the videos Salean was referring to, but I found a video of the shooting in Cardiff bay : s03 SPOILERS !!!

I love when John is showing the kid the cool wrist thingy and the boy is not interested at all. *lol*

8. Salean

Salean Rookie

The links to the three videos I was talking about are here: *S3 spoilers*
    http://community.livejournal.com/torch_wood/3785883.html

Thanks for posting that other video, Daquien.
    Yeah, that bit with John and the boy is so funny. And also the door knob falling off at the end... Blooper material, me thinks.

:lol: Yeah. I expect that was why Martha did it. Heh heh.

Oh, I also found this other video of filming: *again, S3 spoilers*
    http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/...eos Sept 08/?action=view&current=DSCN0090.flv

Looks like they're having a pretty serious conversation...

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Thanks for posting those Salean. I will definitely watch those tonight!

10. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Thank you Daquien and Salean! I enjoyed watching the videos.

I'm getting really excited for next season. I'm still not happy with the fact we only get 5 episodes but it's better than nothing.

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

So, I've just finished watching my very first episodes of Torchwood and I think I might like it (very much). The characters are interesting and I already fell in love with Gwen, although she can be annoying at times.
    Jack is a lot of fun, so is Owen and I'm wondering about Ianto...

I am just so glad that the series is so open about homosexuality. It's so great that it's not a big deal if a guy kisses another guy. Although the "lesbian" kiss was kind of exploitative. But that's nothing new really.

So there are only five episodes to S3. That's really not much but hey, it will take a while til I get to see them. Have to finish S1 and 2 first. ;)

12. CSI_Kat

Oh I am glad you are liking it! :) I never liked Gwen - she annoyed me too much from the start. :rolleyes: I fell in love with Jack immediately :drool: and I fell in love with Ianto :p in Season 1 episode 6. Owen is great! You will see much more homosexuality throughout the series. I thought they handled it all extremely well.

13. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

You make me jealous! Nice to hear you're enjoying it. :)

I'm having some difficulty with what to write, or what not to write, because I don't want to spoil anything for you! :(

CSI_Kat, unlike you I never really liked Owen. I don't exactly know why. I admit he can be funny sometimes but somehow I just don't like the guy! It probably has something to do with the last few minutes of the episode you mentioned. :rolleyes:

I fell in love with Ianto the first moment I laid my eyes on him! :p

14. CSI_Kat

Ok I am feeling this need for a Torchwood marathon. *thinks off what I can put off this weekend to watch several episodes*

Here you go AppleJack! :p

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I know five episodes dont sound alot but you really do need to see the last two episodes of Doctor Who to understand Torchwood.

Apparently its going to be shown over 5 days...

Yummy cant wait.

Ahh i love the man kissing. CSI Kate Yummy....

Why cant Nick and Greg, or Danny and Flack do that?

Damn I love gay sex!:shifty: