"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Everybody is writing such long descriptions, such intense thoughts, in depth discussions.

Well... I thought the episode, "Time of Your Death", sucked .

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ :lol: Way to get to the point there, creegan. :lol:

No really, how did you feel about the episode? :lol:

3. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Well I think people who are seriously worried about CSI turning into soap opera have nothing to worry about, really. People who are talking about "jumping the shark" but in fact are just in favor of another ship happening might perhaps have a bit more to worry about.

IF Grissom and Sara get together (and remember, nothing is clear yet, and I as a GSR shipper am not sure what to believe), I don't think the writers would make every episode about GSR. Not at all. A look here and there would completely satisfy the fans. Actually, I think it is much more grating and frustrating for GSR fans and anti-romance viewers alike to keep it from happening and keep it in the region of "will they/won't they".

Because let's face it: TPTB will never really drop the idea of GSR completely. You may hate it with a passion, but it's been there since "Cool Change". The alternative to something happening is that they will give these half-subtle moments every 3 episodes to satisfy the fans, and I think that gets frustrating and can take more from the show after a while than the two characters getting together and this being rarely mentioned.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know it's funny how, in the absence of a good episode, people always latch on to one aspect and discuss it to death? :lol:

Ironically, we only had a couple glances and/or comments, and yet that's what is causing the most discussion for the ep! Heh heh.

Not that I have a problem with that, of course. It is what it is. :)

5. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

Folks, collective deep breath, please. I am no GSR fan myself, but jumping the shark and threatning not to watch because of a 10 second scene? Come on. If that was the case CSI would have lost me at Daddy's Little Girl! We don't know yet whether ot not the writers are going anywhere with this, and the episode itself was not bad at all. Killer was much worse as far as I am concerned for instance. I kind of like it when there is some flirting and smiles going on, LOL., and I know the CSI writers have a very light touch when it comes to character vs science, so no worries guys. One look does not a shark make. And to whoever metioned it before, I definitely noticed Nick mentally jumping 10 feet in the air when the girl called him "Stokes". Nicky getting a bit jumpy, perhaps??? God bless GE for still trying with Nick's character and fighting to show that he has changed after you know being stalked, buried alive, shot at....Yes, he can still smell the roses but he sure is looking out for the bees. By the way, anyone catch his last line about Vegas? You know after "the glances"?! Finale looks great, by the way. Real Real Real intense

6. Guest

Guest Guest

As a viewer who enjoys GSR. it would never be the focus of every episode. Were talking about CSI the land on non-continuity. We will probobly get it in the finale. But I don't see it being much different than it is now... except for the other ships. there pretty much just screwed.

But general viewers, they'll remember the finale, and thats probobly about it. And I do ship GSR, and I do think that general viewers (the ones that don't really, but if you asked them and they had to answer) would say that something sparks between Grissom and sara.... for heavens sakes people they've been subtelly beating us over the heard with this for the last six years!

7. eraf

eraf Dead on Arrival

"I agree with wanting the characters to have something shown about themselves in order to create interest. Having some emotional investmest in the character's lives is important for when something does happen to them.

But on the topic of continuity, I don't believe Gris or Sara had any real set-up in Rashomama that led into this episode. Ironically, I found that Sara seemed to be deliberately juxtapositioned against Nick. They had more of an ongoing dymanic with their shared screen time as well as their opposing views of love and marriage.

Towards the end, it even seemed like Nick's romanticism had softened her a bit. Now, this in particular may have been the volley for what happened last night, but its not like Grissom was involved in that or had been giving any signals regarding about his feelings prior to TOYD. "

I gotta agree with this. I felt that Sara and Nick were more matched in previous episodes. And in TOYD I expected a lot more Grissom looks during the scene in the Japanese garden but it seemed almost like he was ignoring Sara in that scene that is why the last few moments in the episode seemed so 'Off" to me. It felt like TPTB decided let's put some GSR in at the last moment to see if we can up the ratings. It felt out of character. My husband even commented on how weird that seemed for Grissom to give Sara that look. Up until that moment he had paid more attention to Archie's butt then to Sara. It was very 'thrown in at the last minute' effect and felt very wrong. Like really bad fanfic. I expected more from the CSI guys. They are usually very 'edgy' with their stories and a bit unpredictable. The whole ending scene felt like a cop out to the predictable Hollywood storyline of older man gives up everything for a younger woman and yet we are supposed to continue to believe that Grissom is above average intelligence yet he falls for this type of cliché. I think they are grasping at straws and it is a sure sign the boat is going under. I see season 7 being the last one whether WP leaves or not, especially if this storyline continues. It has gone waaaay downhill. Sure the GSR shippers will still be there but they do not make up the majority of viewers. I am not sure I even want to watch the finale now. I am so turned off by how they did that last scene.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

non-continuity? Then I ask myself why is everybody talking about GSR? I mean there must be something that people can hold onto, to become this obsessed with a ship. Sorry GSR fans but I know some GSR fanatics who wanted to kill me just because I talked "bad" about it. :eek:

9. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

You are so right!

You know maybe they jumble the episodes to make sure that no continuity happens. LMAO. I mean if Sara actually squealed/smiled foolishly when Grissom said "I'm good at mouth-to-mouth" a couple of eps ago, the TOYD shippy scene would've made more sense. Instead she just gave him the wtf look behind his back.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Perhaps TOYD will start something to be continued in the finale.

11. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

Why? Because when he and Lady Heather are together you can actually feel the heat coming off the screen. They actually talk to and look at each in an adult way. Whether they've actually "been together" is up for debate. When I see them together, I see two adults who have some type of intimate relationship with each not an awkward, tense moment between two people who can barely communicate with each other.

I just don't see the chemistry between Sara and Grissom. He always has a look of pained dread on his face for creating a situation that he never intended. Remember back to S1? Gris was a bit flirty. He flirted with Holly Gribbs in a playful manner. Sara on the other hand, took his flirtations to mean something more and is still carrying a pathetic torch around. He just doesn't look at her the way he did Terri Miller or Lady Heather or even Sophia. He and Cath have a certain type of relationship that has developed over the past 15 plus years.

If you love Sara, surely you want something better for her than to hold onto an unrequited puppy dog crush? It's painful watching her making moony faces to him after all these years.

I personally don't want any of the ships including my own (which Sara is half of with a certain other harmless flirt ;)) to ever be on the show because it would be a no-win situation for everyone. The people who don't want any ships or it's not their ship aren't going to be happy and the actual shippers will not be happy either. The show could never present the couple in the way that the shippers fantasize about and so they wind up angry as well and so everyone loses. :rolleyes:

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

:lol: :lol:
    Those were definately the highlights for me!

I didn't actually sit down and fully watch this episode, so I can't weigh in too much about how great or awful it was, but it definately had some great moments. I mean, come on, "Heidi, Heidi, Ho"-- Classic Brass!! :lol: :D

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ecklie wins. Sexual harassment lawsuit. Fire Grissom. WP can leave the show like he hints that he wants. Easy way for the writers to let him leave. I wrote something similar to this on another thread, but I forgot where.

14. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

There is so much debate on this thread that I don't know which side to take, but now that I think about it, it really was a very boring episode....

15. Leggo_my_Greggo7

Leggo_my_Greggo7 Victim

When I started reading this thread I was quite surprised at everyones reactions about those looks between Sara and Grissom. I found them kind of...cute, even though the only real ship I have is W/C.

As for the episode in general, it didn't completly suck but it wasn't the best either. Although every once in awhile its nice to have a calm episode in a way. (For lack of a better word). But I think I was more excited about the preview for the next episode than I was at any time during ToYD. :p

~Lauren~