Through The Looking Glass

Thank You.

-----

"Yeah a couple of days ago for a play date for today--" She answered. Her eyes held relief as she noted her son's eyes closing in tiredness, as his small body rocked back and forth, relaxing little by little as time passed on. "Why?" She asked warily.

Warrick exhaled and took in a deep breath. "This morning we found Jack Malone dead, and Jenna Malone nowhere in sight. When's the last time you saw either of them?"

"I saw Jenna last around eight fourty five this morning when she dropped off Rhett" She told them honestly, stepping closer, and arching her brow in confusion. "Please I have their son here, and's he's already been through enough." Brinna added quietly, as her eyes hastened to the other room, where her daughter and Rhett sat playing with blocks, talking in their own language, back and forth.

"Wait--Rhett is their son?" Warrick chimed in, exchanging another look with Nick, who softly nodded in accord with his words, and stepped back, keeping one eye on the conversation, while taking in the surroundings of the house, or anything that caught his eye.

"No" She looked back at them with a discerning look, as she shook her head. "Not exactly"

----

That's the end of Chapter three. Sorry it took so long to finish... because up comes Chapter Four.

Thanks. I know they're short, but they'll probably be plenty of them to come along... sometimes it's hard just to sit down and type up a lot. Maybe soon when I'm be able to get internet on my own computer, I'll be able to post more (Depending on how much I've written up)
----

Chapter Four: Wake Me When September Ends

In all of it's beauty in the waking of the day, the house stairs stirred with a creak underneath her descending steps, as light flooded through the curtained windows of the house, then darkened as the sun went behind the clouds again.

Sara didn't mind it, knowing the odds were with them today, with the weather not erasing any evidence by raindrops, that was currently being searched for by a few people that she had never associated with in her life.

Come to think of it, that didn't matter either. If the job was being done, then justice would be served to a llittle boy without a family-- that is if that little boy was still alive.

And as she walked past the wall as she went down the stairs, she observed many pictures of the family; some of them professional pictures, others were just taken in quick instances to capture that moment, then framed.

Her brown eyes lit up on the point of seeing the little girl in a pink tutu, standing in perfect form as she held onto the gold bar with her hand. Her tin body reflecting from the glass behind her.

Another frame captured a brown haired boy, which Sara knew to be the Fischer's son. He looked just like his father, with the same grayish blue eyes that gazed back. With a wide grin, dimples apparent to his happiness held, the young boy held a soccer ball tightly in his left arm.

The next frame were of the mother and the father, who were both dressed casually; the mother in a salmon colored dress shirt and white khakis, her head posed back in laughter. While the father wore a light blue shirt and black pants; his body bent forward, an evident smile upon his face as he stood next to his wife.

Sara had no idea what they were laughing about, but knew that their short happiness had now come to an end-- only leaving memories, and a mystery behind.
----

There's the beginning of Chapter Four...

Taking off, where we left off... :)
---

"No, I can't say they did..." Broke aa voice through her thoughts; which was new, and not easing to her mind.

The voice came around loud and clear, coming from the room that she and Grissom had passed earlier. Any indication that the sister could give that she recognized this piece of jewelry, could say a whole lot to who owns it.

"And how long have you been living with your sister?" Came another voice, one familiar to her everyday profession.

Sara stepped quietly down the stairs, eyes still half focused on the pictures that were hanging to the side of her, as she finally took her gaze back on making her way to the bottom steps.

Her foot lingered on the last step before she knew it, and she stepped down on the wooden floor. As she was now just a couple steps shy of entering the roomto join them.

Instead of going in, she put a hand on the wall and listened to the sister's answer. "Only a couple of months" The sister now responded to his question in a quiet but meek voice, while Sara also heard what was a deep sniffle, and a soft sweep of her feet across the floor.

Peering into the large room, Sara noticed the walls were painted a light green. While grand wood shelves lined all along the middle wall, between the two. The right wall sported two white paned windows, with a brown couch sitting underneath. A large screen TV sitting a few feet away, while a coffee table was established in between the couch and the TV.

On the left wall across the room sat a lighter colored desk; papers stacked on one side, with the next occupying a computer, that looked as though it was turned off.

I love these mini-chapters
keep them going
I'm really looking forward to the rest of this..

**runs off to finish on going story***

What is up with the glich? And thanks Heather... can't wait to read more of your story also ;)

---

She took in a deep breath as she followed along the stretch of cement, her eyes quickly scanning the graves as she passed. The rain, now falling faster upon her head, soaking her hair and body, Catherine realized she had forgotten her umbrella in her car.

Her eyes closed momentarily then reopened as she turned to look at her car in the distance. For a moment a thought rang through, and she bowed her head, as she located his grave, and simply sighed and headed back towards her car.

She dug the keys out of her pocket, pushed the unlock button, and quickly pulled up on the handle. Her fingers slipping from the fallen rain, then rose back to the handle, finding a deeper hold until the car door opened.

A few moments later, she found herself securely leaning against the tan leather seat, her forehead resting against the cool window, her breath creating a fog that crept along the glass. The red rose that Lindsay gave her, laid in her lap, the stem tightly in her grasp.

Fighting a fleeting moment that tried to convince her that she wasn't ready for this, she remembered her daughter. The innocent state of her nine-year-old body, shaken, after comprehending that her own father was never coming back. Her heart shattered, as she watched his dark oak casket being lowered into the ground.

And at that moment as she put her arm protectively around her daughter, and watched her quiet reaction; her eyes fighting tears, as her small hands wrapped around her waist, Catherine realized that her daughter was starting to understand what she knew, that human beings were capable of anything.
---

Well looks like I need to type up some more story...

Wow, I do need to get out those tissues, don't I?

Well here's a mini Thanksgiving update!
---

"Hey Warrick, Nick" Dr. Robbins greeted as he turned back around, with the usual protective gear he wore, as he held a scalpel in his hand, finger pressed against the top middle.

"Hey" both acknowledged back as they walked farther into the room. Their eyes followed to the table beside the one that he was working at, then to the next autopsy table that held Jack Malone. By now they both had pulled on their gloves and were waiting for anything that would help them further along in the case.

"What can you tell us about Jack?" Warrick inquired, as he motioned to the man, now pale skinned, as his clothed body had been replaced to bareness and had been covered by a thin blue sheet.

I really need to focus now, umm... yeah I've been working lately and haven't had any time to really update,and it's looks as though my updates are getting shorter and shorter as time passes. Hopefully they will get longer, by the time I get my mind back.

And I really don't think that really makes sense, so I'm going to get some brain food for my mind, and write some more.

Back