THE WELCOME WAGON: Welcome to General CSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, CSIAleh. First, you need to have 100 posts to get an avatar (100 pixels high by 100 pixels wide) under your username. But until then, you can have a banner graphic (75 pixels high by 220 pixels wide) in the signature area INSTEAD of a text signature. Details can be found in the very first post in this thread. Meanwhile, grab some virtual snacks, pull up a keyboard, and have fun.

You don't get to have the avatar picture under your username untill 100 posts. But you can put a picture in your signature area at any time, like Marns and Stella's posts up this page a little. That is called a banner. Where I have that quote under the line of dashes, you can put a banner. But you can't have both a banner and text, just one or the other. Reread my previous post.

As I mentioned twice before, you can have a picture in your signature section when ever you want. It is called a banner. That is explained in the links of the first post of this thread. Or you can click on the FAQ link at the top of each page.

Your banner can be inserted by going to the My Home link at the top of each page here. Then scroll down to Personal Information, click on the Edit beside it, and scroll down to the signature section. Put the URL (website address of the picture) between [ image] and [ /image] but without the spaces. Then hit Submit.

CSIAleh, you are still not reading what I wrote earlier. The maximun size of a banner allowed by the rules of the board is 75 pixels high by 220 pixels wide. Yours is 232 pixels high by 498 wide. If the board's server removes your banner, that would be the reason. Please resize your picture.

the server doesnt remove oversized banners, just avatars. but yes, it is oversized. if you are unsure how to get it the right size you can always head over to the art forum and some of those talented people can help you out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back