THE WELCOME WAGON: Welcome to General CSI Discussion!

hiya everyone

I am a CSI: Las Vegas fan from sunny Scotland :)

As some of you know from a chatroom next door. I am a huge hiphugger fan. But I am also a European highugger which means I don´t quite get this:
Forensic drama CSI: Miami has been named the world's most popular TV show in a study of ratings in 20 countries. Scource: BBC News
Yes it is LV but LV is the flagship of the franchise:)
Since then it has been a constant fight between the two shows, because even when CSI beats Grey in the ratings, CSI always had lower ratings among the younger viewers, the category most wanted by advertisers. Some critics have said that CSI is now taking the characters into more romantic paths so as to compete with Grey, although this has been denied by Carol Mendelsohn

So my question is:
How much influence does advertiserneeds have on the storyline or the continuance of a show? Is the E/C just an excuse for cutting/demoting an actor and bring in younger blood? NB! “Sex and the City” has ended but did in it´s time attract the teens also. Stating that shows (eg. Sienfeld)directed/focus to a more adult audience can work. I will even take the leap and say: The CSI is more adultorienteted to begin with.

Well back to my core question: Pulling in good rates - and scraping in ad - money is important for any franchise but to what degree will producers change shows in order to accommodate thoose needs?

Am now wondering if "Bingoland" is open on Monday-LOL

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!

I sort of threw myself into the Eric/Calleigh thread already since that's what I'm most interested in but I wanted to introduce myself here in the Welcome Wagon anyway and say hi.

I mostly watch CSI: Miami because I love this setting out of all the CSI shows and I find the plots (yes, even the outlandish ones) the most entertaining. :lol:

I've always enjoyed watching the chemistry between E/C and when it started to really heat up this season, I knew I wanted a place to chat and rejoice when they finally hooked up.

So here I am. I'm still exploring this board but I love it so far! :)

Welcome to the board, ArizonaGirl - I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself already. :D

Hi, I'm Yumi (or Nicole...whatever you guys wanna call me). I've mostly posted in the CSI: NY forum, but I decided to post here too. I haven't watched CSI lately and I've never watched CSI: Miami. I'm waiting til the summer to catch up on everything. :D

But yeah, looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Back