The Warm Welcome Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, I totally missed this!
Hey y'all, I'm Ciara, aka Cia/Clare/C take your pick.

I hail from the UK, and I am a huge fan of CSI NY since the start, although I must confess my love has only grown since a certain someone first appeared in episode 2:08 :D

Yeah, huge fan of AJ Buckley from way back when, used to watch him in Disturbing Behaviour with alarming regularity as a kid.

I found this site as I wanted to reach out to as many AJ fans as poss to tell them about his upcoming convention appearance in the UK, but I figure I might stick around cos you seem like good people :D

Hi, i'm the latest newbie lol

My name's Marta or hammer as you preffer...I write from Italy, I'm 21 and I already beg you not to pay attention to the zilliosn of grammar mistake I'll make in my posts (english is not my mother tongue).

I'm TOTALLY crazy for CSI:NY and i hope to have fun in here and meet some good people to talk to about my fav show!!

It's hammer time! Welcome Marta. Grab some virtual snacks from the invisible table by the imaginary door. Pull up a keyboard and have fun.

Your English is fine. You write better than some of the Americans on this message board.

I ask the following of several new members: Do you watch the show in English with subtitles or dubbed into Italian. If it is dubbed, do the voices sound anything like the original voices?

By the way, Count Dynacula is a temporary Hallowen name. Many members will be back to our original user names in the next couple of days or so.

Hi Count Dynacula,

lol the hammer time joke was great and the fact that i write better than americans i find it hard to believe but thanks.

to answer your questions: i watch the show in english with no subtitles (loooooong story of why i do that).

About the voices in italian, Mac Taylor's and Stella Bonasera's are pretty similar to the original (maybe Gary Sinise's is a wee deeper but not much), instead Danny, Lindsay, Sid ,Flack and Adam are really different.

Welcome hammer227. I am sure that you are going to like this place.

By the way, don't worry about your english. English is not my mother tongue either, but no one has complained so far, so I bet no one else cares really. I guess they who have english as first language just feel impressed as you're good at it. Look at me, I am swedish. I am really impressed by foreign people who don't have swedish as their first language/mother tongue but yet can speak it. Then I don't care if they make grammar mistakes like saying "an" instead of "a" or things like that. I don't care at all, so I guess the americans/canadians/everyone else don't care about your mistakes. I haven't noticed anything yet.

Anyway, have fun and if you have any questions just feel free to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back