"The Unusual Suspect" Discussion *Beware SPOILERS*

Link
In United States law, a hostile witness is a witness in a trial who testifies for the opposing party or a witness who offers adverse testimony to the calling party during direct examination. A witness called by the opposing party is presumed hostile. A witness called by the direct examiner can be declared hostile by a judge, at the request of the examiner, when the witness' testimony is openly antagonistic or clearly prejudiced to the opposing party. A party examining a hostile witness may question the witness as if in cross-examination, thus permitting the use of leading questions. A hostile witness is sometimes known as an adverse witness.

Though the practice of declaring a witness hostile is very prevalent in television and in movies, it is far rarer in reality.

I'm celebrating my birthday today and I'd be happy if there was lots of Jimmy in this episode. That would make my day. But from the preview Nick is in it and he's my second favorite character.

oh god, nick talking about rainbow parties? they just always have to give him the weird sexual lines dont they. :lol:
this girl is creepy, i had some kid geniuses in my highschool but they only skipped one or two grades, not six! is that even possible?

Alright, where the hell are Greg and Grissom? Who stole them? This is really p***ing me off! :mad:

What in the world is a "rainbow party"? I've never heard of it. :confused:

ColonelWorf thanks. Well I guess I won't be too disappointed. But I would like to see Jimmy at least once. Although, Nick is great too.

Toots said:

What in the world is a "rainbow party"? I've never heard of it. :confused:

um, nick said it, i dont think i can repeat it without stepping over the pg13 line
and with this defense lawyer talking about only a genius could have pulled off the stuff with the sodium, i dont buy it. every highschool kid who takes chemistry knows what sodium and water do. its just a matter of creativity i guess.
on the whole good episode. me likey all the nicky :D

This was a good one. That kid creeped me out.

I liked the line where Hodges talks about 'snapping' and Nick said, "I know the feeling."

Then Hodges says, "Want to flip a coin!" and Nick said, "I have a better idea!"

Good ep (I liked not being able to predict who was the killer), but what was with that phone ringing right before they announced the verdict-I though that'd be important to the case. And man, Hannah (the 12-year-old) is creepy-much credit to the actress. And good ending (think she's telling the truth that she didn't do it?).

Awesome, classic CSI!!!!!!! What a great episode! And not just because there was lots of Nicky (yay!) Sarah was really great, too.

The case was fascinating, the little girl was a wonderful actress, and even Hodges looked good tonight! :)

I give it an A for sure.

Wow. That's all I can say right now. This episode was amazing, I think it's one of the best.

That girl was so chilling, I don't know what it is about her but she just nailed her role. Her conversation with Sara at the end was really intense ..

And Nick's comment "I know how you feel" .. made me want to give him a hug and I was kind of excited because I think it implies how he's been feeling post-GD. It's something small, but Im clinging onto to it like a life preserver :lol:

I liked how they did the interviews of Marlon & Hannah .. having Nick & Sara kind of saying the same things, one would say something then the other would continue the thought. I think it's neat to doing interrogations like that.

I did miss Greg .. I wonder is ES was off filming something or was doing that play he was attached to.

I have to admit, I was kind of surprised that Ecklie backed Nick up and it's neat that Sara didn't ..

Im going to have to watch it again, pretty sure Im missed some good stuff.

ETA: Oh! I missed something really good! Nick in a suit. He looked awesome, and the blue t-shirt later .. :D

Back