The Singles Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Joy22, Jun 22, 2006.

1. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I'm single, but then again I'm only 14, never had a boyfriend, probably never will, I've accepted that and LOVE being single. Most of the people in my class are making out with other people, and there's me in the corner, being laughed at, but I'm not the one who's gonna end up pregnant at 14 am I? So I just laugh back and they get really confused.

It's fun because I can flirt all I want and know one can say a word against me for it. :D

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I'm single, had err, dunno how many bfs (it's not much, don't worry), but I like it. There's one person I would give my single-life up for. But y'all know who. :)

3. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

yea same here! but i always think about having that one person to lean on and care for....but im lovin being single

4. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I'm single, and I'm loving it. My last relationship didn't end that well, and after that it seemed that I attracted the 'wrong' kind of guys so I said no to relationships. I guess the main advantage for me is the freedom of having no commitment or responsibility towards a guy. I can go where I want, with who I want and I have no one to answer to.

On the other hand, it does get a bit lonely sometimes when I go out with my friends and they talk about their boyfriends. But for me, it's a small price to pay. I'll be happy to wait until I meet the right person for me :)

5. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I did have a boyfriend, but right before christmas my mother died and 2 weeks after that I guess my boyfriend decided he didn't want the responisbility of comforting a girlfriend I guess and he broke up with me. And it sucks because we were together for almost 10 months and I really liked him. But whatever.

I do enjoy being single sometimes because then I don't feel like I have to go everywhere with a guy. But other times you know I just miss the little things. And like all my friends have boyfriends and there like "hey let's go to the movies together?" and I'm always like "No, because I don't want to be the 3rd wheel."

So in my opinion being single has its advantages and its disadvantages.

6. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Although single is great and stuff i still want a boyfriend sometimes. :)

7. debje

debje Pathologist

my whole life i'm single, but i'm only 14

8. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Yep, I feel the same way (as most of you guys, and that's good to know!) - being single has it's positive and it's negative sides: in the moment I don't really mind of having no boyfriend, but I think, when I'm gone for hollidays - all on my own :( - I will miss one. And I have to say, without wanting to be cockily - I don't know why nobody (NOBODY) is interested! Every boy who was interested was either drunk or a little stalker and that's a thing I don't like at all. But I am not such a bad and silly person, so: C'mon all you cowardly men outside! I won't bite! ;)

@speedmonkey2: I'm sorry what happens to you, I can imagine that was a very hard time. Hope, you're feeling better now, as good as it's possible :)

9. speedmonkey2

Yeah, I am doing better now. When I told him that my mother died he was like "Oh that sucks." and then later he was like "We need to talk." well hello dumb butt every person on the planet knows what that means! lol.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

yep same here! im single and i kinda like it and i kinda hate it because well the exact reason cinegirl said!!

11. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

Hi, singles! One more to the crowd...

I've been single for almost 2 years and I don't want to talk about it.
    Best advantage: having the whole house for myself and my friends. :D

speedmonkey2, sorry to hear about your mother. The mother of one of my best friends died a few years ago, and it was very hard for her... and me, because I could do anything for her. So if you ever need to talk about it, I'm here.

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

been single for a year and a half now. i was dumped, over the phone, while at school, after wed been together for a year and one day. that, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a**hole. but now that im free of him im glad hes gone. leaves me free to devote my time to my one true love, george eads *sigh*
    havent really been attracted to some one since, and i dont really care. im only 20, whats the rush? :D

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.
    But if your bf left you because of that - he sucked and he didn't deserve you. And you deserve better :D

14. speedmonkey2

Thanks, Dolphin. But I'm fine though. but if I ever do need to talk to some I'll certainly take you up on that offer.

And yeah maybe you're right Dawacko. I saw him at walmart the other day and I smiled and waved to just be nice and he just looked at me. So yeah i've kinda faced the fact that he's a jerk.

15. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

speedmonkey2: Also very sorry to hear about your mother. Any guy who dumps someone like that in thier time of need is a scumbag. And he certainly doesn't deserve anyone, let alone a wondeful person like you.