The Simpsons

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by csifreakaholic, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Re: Anyone like THE SIMPSONS???

Oh the same clip what they've shown on TV, Homer puts a pig up to ceiling to walk (holds it) and sings "spiderpig, spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig can"

Very hilarious scene :lol:

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Out to pimp The Simpsons Movie and, much more likely, score some donuts from the crafts-services table in the green room, Homer Simpson is set to drop by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Tuesday the 24th, three days before the animated feature's premiere. "I understand I'm doing a monologue," Homer says in a statement to NBC, adding, "I hope it doesn't involve talking."

3. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Hooray! The Simpsons!!!

My favourite Simpsons was probably the one where they get Santa's Little Helper.

"No. I'm not leaving until our dog comes in. *three seconds pass* Eh, forget it. Let's go home."

Oh, and the episode with Laddie. "I've been trained to pick fresh fruit for you." And he comes back with all these exotic fruits... ???

4. OscarMayerLemur

OscarMayerLemur Police Officer

Oh, man! I love that! It makes me lmao.

5. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

:lol: It's my phone's ringtone :lol:
    Here in France we are really fond of the dubbed version , probably because we've never heard the original one ; anyway the guys who are dubbing Marge and Homer here are also married in real lives :lol: They've meet while they were dubbing the show.

I'm really really really excited about the movie, i can't wait for tomorrow to see it.5omg i was wrong i can see it today YAY)

oH ABOUT SPIDERPIG :lol: here it's "SpiderCochon, SpiderCochon, Il peut marcher au plafond, Est-ce qu'il peut faire une toile? Biensur que Non c'est un cochon, Prends garde SpiderCochon est là!" :lol:

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

The Simpsons.

Yeah,I'm also so used to the Spanish dubbed version that when I watched clips of the original one I was like eeeekkk :eek:

Here it was a big drama when the guy who dubbed Homer died,they replaced him by other with a similar voice but many people said that it had never been the same...

7. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Re: The Simpsons.

He died? That's why they changed it? I though it was strange, but now I'm used to the new voice. Not too long ago the producers of the show gave an award or something to the dubbers from here cause thay said it was the best autside the US.

8. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Seriously? Cause we also received an award for that :lol:

9. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I remember seeing it on tv; the dubbers talking and all. What I don't know is when, maybe 4 years ago.

10. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I have a question.. is the beginning of the movie same with the show?

I haven't seen it yet and I am super excited. :)

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

They're going to have Fall Out Boy on the show, because they named their band after a character. :lol: I don't know when, though. But they said they will. ROTFL.

12. Dynamo1

I am going to put this in Spoiler code in case someone hasn't seen it yet.
    The movie quickly revels in lampooning itself. Ralph Wiggum crawls over the opening 20th Century Fox logo. An "Itchy and Scratchy" segment then plays out before revealing the Simpsons family watching, seated in a movie theater. "I can't believe we're paying for something we get for free on TV!" exclaims Homer (voiced by Dan Castellaneta). An alteration of the show's opening sequence leads to a Green Day concert where the band tries to speak about pollution, thereby setting up the action

13. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

THanks Dynamo! ;) Now, I am just super excited as ever.. i think we'll go see it tonight. :D

14. OscarMayerLemur

OscarMayerLemur Police Officer

I wish it was who you said. lol

15. Dynamo1

'Simpsons' Yanked for 'Baywatch Hawaii'
    Apr 7, 7:10 PM (ET)

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - D'oh! A Venezuelan TV channel has yanked "The Simpsons" off the air because it may be inappropriate for children. Taking its place: "Baywatch Hawaii."

Televen TV station spokeswoman Elba Guillen said Monday that the decision to hand over the daily 11 a.m. time slot came after the National Telecommunications Commission received complaints from viewers.

"It had to be taken off," Guillen said. "They consider it to be a series that isn't appropriate for that time because it isn't appropriate for children."

Full story at Iwon/AP News.