The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Barry Morse - played a detective pursuing the wrongly accused Dr. Richard Kimble in 1960s TV series "The Fugitive," has died, his son said Tuesday. He was 89. - Hayward Morse said his father died Saturday at University College Hospital in London after a brief illness.

'General Hospital' Soap actress - Shell Kepler, who for years played the gossipy nurse Amy Vining on the TV soap opera "General Hospital," has died. She was 49. Kepler died Friday at Oregon Health & Science University hospital, which did not give the cause of death.

OMG Barry Morse. I thought He'd already passed. Thanks fo rthe Info. May he RIP. Also Shell Keppler.

'Jaws' actor Scheider dies at 75 <Snip>

"Scheider died Sunday at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital in Little Rock, hospital spokesman David Robinson said. The hospital did not release his cause of death.

However, hospital spokeswoman Leslie Taylor said Scheider had been treated for multiple myeloma at the hospital's Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy for the past two years."

I saw that that's very sad he was very good in Jaws

According to wikipedia he died of a staph infection.

Rest in peace, Roy. You were good in both Jaws movie.

I wouldn't trust the wikipedia, they make up by fans or whatever it was. I would wait 'till the doctor said how he died of.

In these cases wikipedia usually is correct and I know this from my personal experience with famous people dying.

Sad to hear about Roy Scheider. "Jaws" was one movie that always freaked me out.

I'm sorry to see that Roy Scheider has died :( Although I was not a fan of Jaws type movies I did watch the first Jaws movie and it was very good. RIP Roy.

Calihan is correct, according to another news story from Yahoo News Via E! Online - "A hospital spokesman said Scheider had been receiving treatment for multiple myeloma for the past two years at the hospital's Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy. His wife, Brenda Seimer, told the New York Times the cause of death was complications from a staph infection."

I just read on AOL that Roy Scheider passed on. I'm very sad. Jaws was one of my fav movies growing up. I love the ocean but I never got to see a real ocean till I was 18 yrs old. My 1st time going out into the water by myself I was walking and didn't realize how far I had gone till I turned around and saw the beach. I immediately started hearing doo-do doo-do dododododo in my head and ran back to the beach.

RIP Roy Scheider

I'm sad to hear that Brad Renfro died of overdose of heroin, but not shocked. The other week I rented "Bully" with him in it. Interesting movie, lots of drugs, sex, and violence. I also rented the one movie I had never seen of Heath Ledgers, "10 things I hate about you" I saw bits of it, but never the whole movie. He was so cute and charming in it. I am glad they found out his death was accidental too and not from illegal drugs.

May they all RIP

Awww. RIP Roy Scheider. I loved Jaws. I remember renting them all with my friend when we were really little. Way too little to be watching them. We'd watch them in my basement and we got so scared once we had to turn it off. xD So thank you Roy for bringing the memories. You will be missed. :(

Okay. I'm sorry, Calihan, you're right. Thanks Destiny. This is going to sound stupid, I'm not a nurse or anything. What is a Staph infection? It Myeloma is the same thing as cancer? I have never heard of that before. I know there is a different kind of cancer.

I have always like him in Jaws 1 and 2, they are the best movie then Jaws 3 and 4. Rest in Peace, Roy and you will be miss.

NicknGrissom said:
Okay. I'm sorry, Calihan, you're right. Thanks Destiny. This is going to sound stupid, I'm not a nurse or anything. What is a Staph infection? It Myeloma is the same thing as cancer? I have never heard of that before. I know there is a different kind of cancer.
Here is a link to what a Staph infection is and how one gets it and so on. As to the Cancer what he had was called "Multiple Myeloma". I am not sure if this helps or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back