The Poll Thread - #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I have Google as homepage, I'm just used to it, since with dial-up and ISDN it was the fastest page to load and that's why the best (MSN still gives me the creeps as homepage)

I also use one Finnish one, because erm... Google has sometimes difficulties to understand Finnish words :p

2. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

It's Yahoo for me, but Google is my back-up.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Google. I even have it set at the top of my menu bar. :lol:

I have also been know to use Yahoo, as well. :)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Google every time. I have to say that I can pretty much always find what I want using google, and I must use it at least 5 times a day! It's all in the search words.... ;)

I like to google myself and people I know, in fact, if I know your name I've probably googled it. :lol:

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Google 100%. It's the site I go to when CSIfiles isn't working and I need to test out a site to see if it's really CSIfiles or my internet connection. :lol:

I use google all the time. Plus, I can also switch it to french for homework. :p

6. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I use Google for everything except school, because it's not as good for school. Instead, I use www.answers.com because it sites the sources for your bibliography and gives you the best sites for info, like dictionaries, bios, sometimes wiki (which we're not allowed to use :p) and it's probably the best site for school ever. Otherwise, Google is my hero.

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I use Google most of the times. Actually pretty most everytime I need to do some research. Sometimes I use wiki, too.

8. bird_of_flame

bird_of_flame Police Officer

I use Google for pretty much everything not related to schoolwork; when I'm bored I usually go to Google News and just read all of the day's news. If Google doesn't seem to give me the results I require, which is rarely, then I fall back to Ask.com. For school work I use my university's own search database since it only gives me academic information.

9. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I use Google mainly if I'm searching for pictures of something.

10. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Google of course.
    I use it almost every day :D

11. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

google for me!

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Of course I use google everytime I have to search for something. There are some very good themes for it on http://awesomestart.com :)

13. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

i use all the time google, for me the best. All what i need to search is google :lol:

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Erm... about this 'Google' thing.. .you know how kids always use 'fashion terms' :p When I was teen, EVVK was the big hit (ei vois vähempää kiinnostaa = I couldn't care less)
    Today's 'fashion term' is KVG (kato vittu googlesta, which translates to FGI aka Fucking Google it)
    Hee, then one of my teachers was talking about 'teen slang' and used that EVVK term and I said it's old fashion and the new is KVG. He didn't knwo what it meant and I said I can't tell because it contains a swearword and you'll give me didyoureallyhadtousethatword -look again :D

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

LOL Ducky. When I don't know where to get a free program or something I need from the net, my bro always says http://www.justf*ckinggoogleit.com :p or STFV (search the f*cking web). See, at least I replaced a letter with a * :lol: