The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

wolfesgamergirl- I used to work where you work :)

+ I like the way how you look at the picture, then into the bag and then at the cookie, it really makes it feel alive I suppose is the word I'm looking for. It's an interesting concept.
    - the blank bit of the wall on the top left keeps drawing my eye to it and it's a little distracting.

Here's mine for today, some ivy on a wall in my garden :)
    [​IMG]

2. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

CalleighD
    + Good concept, interesting subject, nice composition.
    - If you use photo manipulation software to increase the contrast just a little bit it would make the ivy leaves stand out.

Another tulip, as you can tell I like to take pictures of tulips.

[​IMG]

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Amy777
    And I thought that my country had a lot of tulips :p
    + colouring is great.
    - the photo is slightly rotated

my exams are finally over... Probably going out with my camera tomorrow. Just don;t know where yet. And then see what I'll shoot!

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

CalleighD
    + I really like the concept and how the Ivy weaves in and out of the photo seamlessly.
    - Like Amy said using a program to make is stand out more would help.

Amy777
    + The coloring works well and the Tulip pops from the background.
    - I don't know if it's the flower or the way you were holding the camera, but the Tulip is slightly rotated.

I was fooling around with my camera at a friend's party and got this result. Icronically it was the hostess of the party. :)

[​IMG]

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@wolfesgamergirl
    + great perspective in stead of those standaard close up of a person
    - Very grey-ish, upgrading the levels would have done a miracles thing!

First real sunny day this year so I went to conquer some old bomb shelters that are a remain of the WW2 that took over this country in the 1940's

[​IMG]

For the complete shoot: Click

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

BlueCurl
    + I like how the lighting makes the graffiti pop.
    - The light or whatever it might be is quite distracing/trying to figure out what it is.

Took a few photos of my mom's birthday cake. It makes a nice stationary subject. :lol:

[​IMG]

7. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

wolfesgamergirl
    +The dark background really makes the colors of the cake stand out and I like how it fills most of the frame :) (It looks really yummy too)
    -The lighter patch at the top left is a little distracting.

Just a random picture of some plants in my garden.
    [​IMG]

8. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

CalleighD
    + Interesting textures, nice muted colors.
    - some of the blossoms are blurry, if you zoomed out a little the depth of field would be lengthened and then you could crop the photo to what you have.

Mine for today. I too this one a while ago, I saw the spider's web on a rhododendron at my house. When I got it on the computer I saw that the stems could be seen upside down in the rain drop. I don't know if you can see that with the size I made it. I was trying to get a picture of the raindrops.
    [​IMG]

Bluecurl
    I actually live in the "Tulip capital of the U.S." Because so many Dutch settlers came here with what they knew and planted many fields here. Every year we have a 1 month long tulip festival complete with walking, riding, and bus tours of the fields, and display gardens, parades complete with a tulip court, and street fairs and fine art galleries dedicated to the subject of tulips. It really is kind of neat to see, the history is kind of interesting to learn about. That is where I get most of my tulip pictures. I have been every year since 2004 when I got my camera, it was the first trip I took with my camera and I decided I liked the subject.

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Amy777
    + nice effect with the diaphragm...
    - I qould have picked another spiderweb. One that has all it's strings. Then you have probably also more raindrops.

What city/region/state do you live in? If you don't want to tell for eveyone to read just PM me. I do wonder that since I am Dutch and all. Just wondering... Kinda cool to know!

Another from that serie from yesterday.. And the last one I will post here....

[​IMG]

10. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

BlueCurl
    I always feel kind of funny critiquing you because you are so much better than I am.
    + Interesting shot, this kind of picture makes me think and wonder what it around the corner, more of a "concepts" picture than a "subject" picture.
    - So much black space at the top, would it look different if it was cropped to include less?

mine for today, I almost submitted this for the "inside" theme, and yes, that is a tulip.

[​IMG]

11. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Amy777
    tnx! but I'm just a n00b too! I just see myself of shooting way to much photos and then within a shoot there are some great shots... I've posted so many great shots yourself too.. Everybody here for that fact.
    + Colouring is great! Nice subject, something different than just a flower
    - Positioning is a bit off! It is not toatally centered. Little more to the upper left so you would have been exactly straight above the middle of it..

Mine for today!
    [​IMG]

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amy777
    + I like the unique concept, quite out of the relm of normality.
    - The center is a bit blurry, perhaps back up a bit from it next time.

BlueCurl
    + The lights at night a very kewl concept.
    - The black sky above the moon is a bit distracting. Perhaps zoomiing in more to get more of the buildings and moon.

Another snow photo. I'm sure someone is getting sick of them! :lol:

[​IMG]

13. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    I never get tired of looking at pictures of the snow, must come form living in an area that only gets snow one or two time a year making it seem special every time.

+ Good composition, good coloring, there are spots of color to keep it from looking all black and white but it still gives off the feeling of clean.
    - I don't know why but my eye kept going back to the fence on the left hand side. It was kind of distracting.

Mine for today, not another tulip lol.

[​IMG]

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amy777

Glad you like them. IF you want more snow I'll be glad to share! :lol:

+ Good composition and the dark backgrouns makes the Wolf pop very nicely.
    - The face is covered by the distracing branch.

More snow. If anyone wants some I'll ship it.

[​IMG]

15. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

[b[wolfesgamergirl[/b]- I'll gladly take some snow, the sun was shining and the sky was blue today, haha I don't like it.

+This photo is beatuiful. I like how the snow is defined and it's all 'bubbly'. it's really pleasing to look at.
    -The bit of the washing line? thast is hanging down is a tad distracting.

The only piece of holly growing in my garden
    [​IMG]