The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

All these kitty cats are so darling. Everyone has such great pictures! :)

I'm sorry for your cat loss Ducky, that's so sad. :( I hope the kittens do well.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

No kittens, never came out. I just assume that some were dead already inside but was in wrong position or something and that's why happened what happene :(

My ex's little sister has this cat's daughter so I asked her already, if they've snipped her or if they get kittens, if I could get one kitten. Even our oldest cat is still working :p But this dead one was... she had these big, round eyes - not those normal narrow cat eyes.

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Ducky, I'm so sorry to hear about your stripey cat. :( *lots of hugs*

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Aw...sorry to hear about poor stripey cat. I'm sure she had a very good happy life with you.

Came over here from a discussion about cats and birds elsewhere to post this pic of Ellie and Cricket watching one of those bird videos. :lol: They duck every time a bird flies off and then look behind the TV to see if they're back there.

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Smokey that picture of your cats is too cute :)

This is what I see most of the days I wake up :) Jake

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Ducky that's so sad about your cat. I'm so sorry.

We are currently taking care of my sister's cat who's a cute runt named Mepos, I should ask her for pics for this thread.

A while ago I asked you all about bloodhounds while we have adopted one, her name is Dixie she's 11 months old. She's coming up from Arkansas and will arrive in New Hampshire on the 15th. Apparently she's dry nosed which means she doesn't drool as much

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Calihan good to hear about Dixie. We'll need to see the pics once you get her :)

Smokey you cats watching the birds on TV is cute. We tried a bird video for our guys but for the most part they ignored it. We have a clock that chimes a different bird every hours to they've become use to the noises. Plus they have bird TV out the back to watch. We feed the birds from October to April :)

8. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

H2H your Jake is too cute. :D

9. Smokey

Bird TV! :lol: At work we have squirrel TV!

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

DeWacko I'm so sorry about your cat. It's never easy to lose a pet. And some people just don't understand why you're so upset.

smokey love your pic of the cats watching the birds.

Here's my Rogen being a good boy in class
    Of course, when we're walking he completely forgets forgets what he learned in class

h2h Jake is a definite cutie. You know you'd probably appreciate this quote from Jack Naters: "People who talk to their dogs aren't crazy, they just operate on a different level than the rest of us."

Of course,I think this applies to people who talk to their cats too, or any pet for that matter.

11. Smokey

My, what big ears he has, Speedy! What a handsome fella! Who are the other critters?

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Speedy Rogen is a handsome looking dog. How old is he?

Nikky Jake is a cutie :)

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks smokey and jacquie. He just turned 3 years old January 29th. Yes he has big ears, you should have seen them when he was a puppy. Everone comments on his ears, I just smile because I love how big the are.

The rabbits belong to the guy who runs the Obedience class. He is a zoo keeper at Brookfield Zoo here in the Chicago area. Actually, he amazes me because he is missing his left arm from the elbow down and controls those dogs like nobody's business. No matter how obnoxious or aggressive the dogs where, that handicap did not hinder him in anyway.

Oh, those pics were the last day of class. No way would that have happened on the first day of class.

14. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

Hmm,I have 3 dogs,two cats and three fish:

This is my Cat Samuel L. Kit-Tay AKA Sam.

Two of my fish Survivor and Sub-zero.

My Japanese Fighting Beta Jack Stoner AKA Jack.

My Chow/corgi/wolf mix Dog Cricket AKA cankles.

My other Cat Cannibus Kitty Sativa AKA Tiva Titty

My chow/wolf mix Little T. AKA TT

My Chow/Golden Retriver Mix Toby AKA moy-moy/tolbis

lol they all have weird names but I love them all.I've had Toby since I was twelve and that was 6 years ago.Hes the oldest and Cricket and Little T are sisters.My fish almost all died i use to have ten of them but something was up with their water and they all died except the two and I've had Jack and Sativa for over a year and I've only had Sam for a few months we adopted him.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

future_cop you do have a lot of pets. All cuties.

I was given this a long time ago by someone, don't remember who. I thought I would share it with all of you. Some of you may have even seen it.

Dog lovers, you'll find it funny, especially if you have one of the breeds listed. You'll be like: Yup, that's my dog.

Cat lovers, you'll find it funny, but you will LOVE the Cats response at the end.

HOW MAN'S BEST FRIEND HANDLES A HOUSEHOLD TASK
    How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we’ve got our whole lives ahead us, and you’re inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?
    Border Collie: Just one. And then I’ll replace any wiring that’s not up to code.
    Dachshund: You know I can’t reach that stupid lamp!
    Rottweiler: Make me.
    Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.
    Lab: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I! Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!
    German Shepherd: I’ll change it as soon as I’ve led these people from the dark, checked to make sure I haven’t missed any and made just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.
    Jack Russell Terrior: I’ll just pop it in while I’m bouncing off the walls and furniture.
    Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I’m sorry, but I don’t see a light bulb.
    Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.
    Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.
    Pointer: I see it, there it is, there it is, right therrrre…
    Greyhound: It isn’t moving. Who cares?
    Australian Shepherd: First, I’ll put all the light bulbs in a little circle…
    Poodle: I’ll just blow in the Border Collie’s ear and he’ll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

The Cat’s Answer: “Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change lights bulbs, So the real question is: How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner & a massage?”

All of which proves, once again, that while dogs have masters, cats have staff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.