The O.C.

Hey y'all, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. :( But The OC has been officially cancelled. It's last episode will air February 22nd at 9 P.M., and that'll be the end. :(

Any thoughts on this?

Catherinesmyidol said:
Hey y'all, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. :( But The OC has been officially cancelled. It's last episode will air February 22nd at 9 P.M., and that'll be the end. :(

Any thoughts on this?

My thoughts...... :rolleyes:
I love this season and hate to see it end in February. Why?????? :mad: :mad: Sheesh FOX's new shows didn't do well and they could at least give us fans the OC til May!! :mad: :mad:

NO I'm not surprise it's been cancelled. It was rumored before the season started. :(
So instead of whining and bitching about the end, I just said to myself that I was going to enjoy every second of this season and I definitely have.
I will miss Julie very much. And I will miss watching Melinda each week. :(

Ever since FOX put the OC against CSI last season and up against CSI and Greys this year, I knew it was the kiss of death.

3 1/2 years wasn't bad. :)

Looking forward to tonight's new ep. :D

--------------------
OCbanner.jpg

no!! theyve pulled it together so well this season! fox ruins everything :( last year was horrible, i barely watched it. but this season has been so good, but maybe people havent come back after last years dull season. oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

OMG NO! Just as I start getting back into it, and liking it, they cancel it. Not cool Fox, not cool. You did this to me with Dark Angel too, you guys suck.

Man. I loved this season. :(

I too figured it was coming though; what with the whole being against GA and CSI thing, and the fact that they only ordered, what was it, 16 episodes? But still.

They could've canceled it sometime last season, and I wouldn't have really cared. Last season was just...no. But it was good this season.

I know a lot of fans were very disappointed with Season 3, but I stuck with it. :D

What?? :eek: Cancel last season??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Nooooo!
Nonono.gif

No Marissa has made this the best season. Well, for me anyway.
bigsmile3.gif

I'm ready for this season to come out on dvd. :lol:

Yay!!!!!!! New ep tonight!!!!!!!!!
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

-------------------
greeneyes.jpg

Catherinesmyidol said:

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe Melinda Clarke will now get more time as Lady Heather on CSI :D :eek: :devil:

*pops in*

Well, actually the series finale is actually going to fall on the season finale.

Um, this was the official press release given by FOX:

THE SUN SETS ON “THE O.C.”
WHEN THE SERIES FINALE AIRS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, ON FOX

The sun will set for the last time on THE O.C. when the series ends its four-season run Thursday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The countdown has begun, with all-original episodes airing from Thursday, Jan. 4 through the last episode on Feb. 22.

THE O.C. stars Peter Gallagher (Sandy Cohen), Kelly Rowan (Kirsten Cohen), Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan Atwood), Adam Brody (Seth Cohen), Melinda Clarke (Julie Cooper), Rachel Bilson (Summer Roberts), Autumn Reeser (Taylor Townsend) and Willa Holland (Kaitlin Cooper).

Set in Orange County, California, THE O.C. premiered in August 2003. It follows a group of friends and families whose lives were changed by the arrival of an outsider – Ryan Atwood – to their ocean-side community of Newport Beach.

THE O.C. revived the teen drama genre while including humorous and heartfelt adult storylines. Shortly after its summer premiere, THE O.C. was a pop culture phenomenon – its actors are household names and its indie music (and subsequent six soundtracks) and hip California wardrobe are sought-after in stores. The show’s Newport Beach locale also has become a popular tourist attraction as fans visit the real locations featured in their favorite episodes.

"THE O.C. Season Four finale will also be the series finale. This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close,” said Josh Schwartz, creator and executive producer of THE O.C. “Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top. It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, THE O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful."

well we knew from the beginning there were only 16 episodes scheduled so far this season, but back in the summer they were still saying there was an option for more. maybe fox was trying to see if they could get viewers back, but i guess they didnt. they have the best shows and ruin them. anyone else remember grounded for life or undeclared? awesome shows and fox just cant pull them off :(

Hey guys :D

Only 7 official eps left. :)

OMG I couldn't believe Julie kissing Ryan's dad. :eek: :eek: Somehow I knew Frank was lying. And Julie went along with it. :eek:
Well, she had to get the book back, right? So I don't blame her. :rolleyes: But the kiss? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even though I think Summer and Seth aren't too thrill about a wedding, do ya think they'll get hitch?? :rolleyes:

Heck, Taylor and Ryan should be the ones getting married. They are so dang cute together.
bigsmile3.gif

And Ryan's photo was sooooooooo sweet! Awwwwww!!!!!!!! :D

I love Julie and Summer's scene in the kitchen. They are bonding so sweetly. :D

The Cohen Family watching Meerkats together.
clapsmiley.gif

-------------------
OCbanner.jpg

Isnt there only 2 more episodes, cause i heard they were guna finish like filming at episode 11?

&& Its getting cancelled because a new show is replacing it
and it has been getting bad ratings.
i seriously cried about this. this is like my favorite show
since the beginnging.
& they ordered 15 episodes. and why couldnt they just finish the episodes. this season was one of the best.
like i loved the first season cause everything was fresh and i liked the third sortta and i LOVED this one.
& i am really guna miss Sethummer and Raylor :(

But last nights episode was really good
when Sandy punched Ryans other dad in the face
Muahaha, I knew his dad was faking it.
& Taylor is so funny.
friick im guna miss this show :(

I'm so sad it's gonna get cancelled, too!
Here in Germany they do not broadcast 4th season yet so I can not say if I like it as much as those before but just the fact that there will be NO Oc anymore sucks! :(

iloveyou said:
Isnt there only 2 more episodes, cause i heard they were guna finish like filming at episode 11?

But last nights episode was really good
when Sandy punched Ryans other dad in the face
Muahaha, I knew his dad was faking it.
& Taylor is so funny.
friick im guna miss this show :(

No not 11 eps, 16 eps is what they ordered. I was hoping there would be a few more. :( Oh well, I'm taking the 16 and gonna really enjoy watching them.

bow.gif
Julie Cooper
bow.gif

--------------
GreenEyes.jpg

I read something very interesting about OC....
When they do wrapped up the finale, it will be short by 4 episodes from the 100th. :(
I just don't understand why FOX is giving up when the 100th ep is so close???
Mad.gif

Why is 100 so important???
In order for a Television show to go into syndication I read that a show has to have at least 100 eps. And the OC will be short. :eek:

I'm wondering if the OC will move to the CW network. :confused: I would love to see a season 5. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the actors of The OC want to move on now. :(

ETA: It's 8 eps not 4. If they do all 16 this season. Still.... 100 eps would be great. :D

-------------------
OCbanner.jpg

Back