The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The lilac soap thing cracked me up. Because neither of them heard the other being asked, but both looked a bit nervous about Jane's commenting. If he didn't know for certain before, he definitely knows now. They had better hope that he decides to keep it to himself. :lol: (I notice that while he kind of made a side comment to Rigsby, he didn't mention the same about Grace until after everyone else had walked away. Almost like he wants them to know that he knows, but isn't willing to rat them out.)

I was trying to figure out what kind of poison would kill her that fast. Plus, how did he get it on her without killing himself? Was he wearing gloves or something?

The whole "Red John wants Jane" thing was creepy. But not completely surprising.

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

Whatever the poison was it was diffenitly a green color and I think when we saw his hand he had gloves on if I remember correctly. I too really want to know what that poison was though it must have been bad stuff if it kills you just if it gets on your skin like that.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, it had to be some pretty rough stuff. Because unless they sped up time a bit, the poison touched her skin and within three seconds she was on the floor convulsing. Like, damn.

I assuming that she knew that Red John was there to kill her. I know that she recognized him, and she didn't exactly look shocked when she started dying. I guess it was part of the plan.

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yeah that women definitly wasn't sane IMO. She said she was, but what completly sane women hooks up with a serial killer and lets herself get killed by the guy!? Geez they need to do better background checks on people they hire at the CBI, and I don't mean just the agents. :shifty:

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think the problem in this kind of case is that it's too easy for someone that is obviously some sort of psychopath to appear normal. She looked and sounded completely sane unless you actually heard what she was saying. And I'd bet that she had a clean background. It's the personal things that cause the problems. Very, very, very big problems, obviously.

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay this is going to seem random but I discovered over the weekend that my mom and one of my little sisters loves this show to. It was kind of funny because I just said psycho secretary to my mom about the episode and she didn't get it until toward the end of the episode, but then again I guess she wasn't listening to me. I missed not having a new episode I need my Mentalist fix. :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

My mom loves it too. I remember she being excited "oh there is this new show!" and then I asked if she's been watching it and she goes "Oh yes of course! That lead guy is kind of cute!" :lol: And I said well yes he is :p

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My mom only watches the show if she's in the room when I have it on. She doesn't mind it; she just doesn't bother to watch it.

Is there a new episode this week?

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

No. Tonight is a rerun of "The Scarlet Letter" from October.
    Next week, Dec 10, a new episode "A Price Above Rubies".
    Then Sun, Dec 13, at a special time (8:00 pm Eastern), "Miss Red" from last season.

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

Dang no new episode I need a new episode its killing me here! Okay maybe a little over dramatic. :rolleyes: I should try to catch the promo for the new episode the titles of episodes always make me interested about what happens. How many shows can say they catch people's interest with the episode titles alone. :lol:

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I second that and raise it to Simon Baker is hot:drool:

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ My quote, not 815's ;)

Anyways, so looks like only one new episode for this year... oh well. Time goes fast and I hope we get new ones in early Jan already :D

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~"It was just a smile..." I love this show.
    ~Hee! That's one way to raise money.
    ~"You son of a bitch, you scared me." You're surprised, Lisbon?
    ~You're not really apologizing, are you?
    ~"He's an ex tennis player." "So?" "Shifty people." Hee.
    ~Huh. Isn't this the one that initially didn't want to get together because of the rules?
    ~I hate to contradict you, but two minutes ago didn't Lisbon say that it's usually two or three accomplices? So why is the not-yet-dead guy off the hook?
    ~Hee. Way to break everything, Jane.
    ~"Of course." None of them are surprised. *smirk*
    ~Hee. I half wonder why she hasn't at least punched him yet.
    ~That was fun.
    ~You're a manipulative bastard, Patrick Jane. And it's really amusing.
    ~Okay, you're really a manipulative bastard. That wasn't as mean as when you got Rigsby punched in the face, but that was still kind of obnoxious.
    ~I'm actually interested in whether or not Grace and Wayne will admit that they're seeing each other any time soon. Jane knows. Which is obvious. But I think Cho and Lisbon still don't know.

Way to get hit in the head, Patrick. (Is next week Head Trauma Week? Because we're getting some on Criminal Minds, too.)

That kid really does look like a young Patrick Jane.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Getting a little lazy with the red references, are we? Fire's more orange.
    ~This is baseball, Lisbon. It goes on no matter what, as long as there's no snow, rain, or lightning. *smirk*
    ~BAM! Head trauma, for the second time this week on a TV show that I love.
    ~Nice hair, LittleJane. He's actually kind of cute.
    ~Okay, so they've mentioned Rigsby/Van Pelt in what I'm pretty sure is every episode since they got together, and it hasn't annoyed me yet. Usually stuff like that does. And it's not because I like them, because I liked Danny/Lindsay until they got together and were
    ~Law and Order told me that once you hit 17 you can't demand that a parent is present. Now I want to know which is wrong.
    ~"20 million dollars I'd kill you." "Oh really." Backtrack quickly, boy, or you'll be in real trouble.
    ~I'm starting to get Psych flashbacks.
    ~I appreciate that the other pitcher and his father don't like how edgy the other pitcher's father got. I've seen parents like that. They're annoying as heck.
    ~It's Elderly Piper! I mean Ruth Elliott! I mean Ellen Geer!
    ~I kind of hate Patrick's dad.
    ~Cho's wearing jeans. Must take dress lessons from David Rossi.
    ~I think that was the shortest moment of silence in history.
    ~I really hate you, Mr. Jane.
    ~Well, Jane, you probably saved that kid from a heck of a lot of lost money in the future.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Law & Order takes place in New York City, and The Mentalist in California. I'm no lawyer, but the laws might be different.