The Mentalist

I loved last nights episode and I'm glad Grace and Rigsby finally, well, kissed. Besides that time that Rigsby was hypnotized. xD I was starting to get annoyed at Grace being one of those female characters who so obviously like the guy, but are too scared to do anything about it. So I was happy when she finally took charge and pulled him into that room. Although, personally I kinda like Jane/Lisbon better, even if there haven't been many hints yet. ;)

Cho is so freaking funny. I must say this in every post I write about The Mentalist, but I just love him. He says things so calmly that you don't know whether or not he's trying to be funny.

Ooh and at the end, when the widow came in and asked Jane whether or not he thinks the dead know that the living are sorry, I'm glad he said no. I love that about his character. He doesn't usually lie about things just to make people happy. I thought he was gonna start crying again like he did in that psychic lady episode last season, but he didn't.

I knew it was going to be that "lawyer".

"Ask about the ghosts!" "Don't ask about the ghosts." *Cho looks over Lisbon's shoulder at Jane* Aah I love when Cho goes along with what Jane says. xD

Aaaand, "Bite me! We're done for the night!" ............ "Bite me?" "Too much?" "Uh, a smidge... it worked, it was fine. Just a little over the top." XD

Loved the epi. :D

Luffy, you couldn't have said it any better. I felt the exact same way. I LOVED the episode. However, it did really take me off guard that Rigsby just came out and said that he loved her. I mean, I knew he had feelings for her, but I just didn't expect that.

Besides, that I did make money on the episode. My dad bet that there was no way they'd wrap up the Rigsby/Grace thing. I said they would. Actually the bet was that they wouldn't kiss. I got 3 dollars so that made me happier.

I just love this show. It's so funny, especially Cho. He is so deadpan. Like it's the best type of sarcasm and humor. I love him XD

Anyway, I don't know why I haven't posted in here before. It's a fantastic show :D

I loved last nights episode and I'm glad Grace and Rigsby finally, well, kissed. Besides that time that Rigsby was hypnotized. xD I was starting to get annoyed at Grace being one of those female characters who so obviously like the guy, but are too scared to do anything about it. So I was happy when she finally took charge and pulled him into that room. Although, personally I kinda like Jane/Lisbon better, even if there haven't been many hints yet. ;)

Cho is so freaking funny. I must say this in every post I write about The Mentalist, but I just love him. He says things so calmly that you don't know whether or not he's trying to be funny.

XD

I don't want Lisbon and Jane to get together. He has so much going on with the death of his wife and daughter and the whole Red John thing. He is still very much in love with his wife. He was visably shaken after his last conversation with the widow. He was not convincing when he told her that the dead do not know what they are going through. I think it is something Jane thinks about all the time. I'm wondering if there is more to the story than we know. Like maybe Jane and his wife were having problems in their marriage or something. Just a thought. But, anyway I don't want them to get together. Maybe on the finale episode....maybe.

I agree with you on Cho. He has such a dry sense of humor. When he was in the interrogation room interviewing that guy and he asks about the Tax-thing he's like "Don't worry, I was lying about that." Loved it!

XD

I don't want Lisbon and Jane to get together. He has so much going on with the death of his wife and daughter and the whole Red John thing. He is still very much in love with his wife. He was visably shaken after his last conversation with the widow. He was not convincing when he told her that the dead do not know what they are going through. I think it is something Jane thinks about all the time. I'm wondering if there is more to the story than we know. Like maybe Jane and his wife were having problems in their marriage or something. Just a thought. But, anyway I don't want them to get together. Maybe on the finale episode....maybe.

I agree with you on Cho. He has such a dry sense of humor. When he was in the interrogation room interviewing that guy and he asks about the Tax-thing he's like "Don't worry, I was lying about that." Loved it!
Well, I never said I wanted them together right away. I could see the death of his wife playing a huge part in their relationship if the show ever does go that way. Sort of like, he has feelings for her but still isn't over the death of his wife yet type thing. I'm not shipping them yet like oh my God, I hope they get married and have babies or anything. :lol: I just like them together so far, nothing hardcore. :p And I doubt that if their ship ever does happen, that it'll happy anytime soon. Not for seasons and seasons, sort of like Calleigh/Eric in CSI: Miami. (If it does happen hopefully it's handled better than EC. :rolleyes:)

And besides you never know what's going to happen in later seasons. Maybe he'll get over the death of his wife and kid (as much as you can get over that anyways) soon, and that'll be a big thing for him.

i liked The Mentalist last week, it was a good story.... well i think i mostly liked it b/c the old house looked really cool and i want one like that so bad lol (i'm an old soul at heart i like vintage things).

can i just say i know the nephew was the one that killed the guy. he was a creep on True Blood so i mistrusted him from the start haha.

Lisbon and Jane are great as partners, i would never want them to hook up at all. their chemistry as friends is too good to screw with (but this is tv we're talking about if this show lasts long i'm sure the two of them will hook up)

this is only the 3rd time i've really sat down to watch this show and every time i have watched it i'm impressed. Lisbon and Jane are great leads and the team is really good too.

Rigsby and VanPelt!! :adore: It's about time! Any thoughts? BTW, I think Jane totally could sense that they were making out!

What? Wait a minute, I stop watching and then my ship gets payoff? What the hell! *runs off to watch*

(This happens to me every time. I'm not surprised. I need to stop not watching shows. :lol:)

I'm torn on the Lisbon/Jane stuff. On one hand, it would probably be very, very funny. On the other, hand, it would probably ruin the show and be a tad OOC.

DetHiggins: it did really take me off guard that Rigsby just came out and said that he loved her.
When I first read that sentence, the first thing I thought was "she's never read Blue Smoke, has she?" Lol.

It's probably some sort of "love at first sight" deal... I do kind of believe that he loves her, though, just by what we've seen so far. (I haven't seen a *lot* of this show, but the parts I've seen make me believe it.)

ETA: *laughs hysterically* That was awesome. And adorable. How convenient; I needed a ship to get overly invested in...

Last edited:
Bah, can't edit...

I've watched that scene... more than once... :)shifty:) and there are two things I noticed.

1) Gah, continuity error. (She pulls back and looks at him when she says about meeting her in her car, but in the next shot she's kind of leaning against him.)
2) I wonder if he knew why she was pulling him into the other room? Because the look on his face when she walked out looked like a victory grin, but he was looking around when she was pulling him aside as if he was checking to make sure no one saw them. That feels a tad contradictory to me, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining things, or...

I came to show just this summer (my parents said it's a brilliant show, you need to watch it), when they aired the first season in Germany. Since then I'm hooked! It's funny and it also is dramatic at times. I like the combination!

-Hand writing my comments because all I have is an iPod and I don't want to lose them midway.
-Hee! Rigsby's little grin at Van Pelt was adorable. And obvious. You're lucky that there was a dead body distracting your boss, buddy.
-"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that Jane doesn't know." Another hee! Because it's very true.
-Lisbon ain't happy with you, Bosco. Although Jane did do it to himself.
-"...Okay..."
-Bosco, you don't get it. You see Jane as an obsessed pain in the ass. Lisbon knows hat he's an obsessed pain in the ass that's very, very good at his job.
-Oh no! Jane's hair will get hurt! I mean...
-Lisbon's glance at Grace and Grace's quick change of subject made me grin.
-That was very mean, Patrick. Yet kind of hilarious.
-Boss Inmate saw what you did there.
-"We were thinking..." "Thinking's good."
-Whiny Jane is adorable.
-"I wish I had my gun."
-"The guys noticed it too; I'm impressed."
-Jane, you are in big trouble. For serious.
-Obvious stepmother is obvious!
-That's awesome, Jane.
-Lisbon's... blackmailing him? That is a tad dangerous, yet kind of amazing.
-"I should've let you rot in jail."

I kind of liked that they adressed the Rigsby/Van Pelt thing, but didn't really put much emphasis on it. There were quiet mentions, but only one scene actually brought it up.

~Hee. "Would you put your guns away? Cowboys!" (I think the Australian accent might have slipped through a bit in the beginning.)
~That should be completely easy...
~Grace's glare was amusing. Look how far away the three of them are sitting. They're so unhappy. *snicker*
~Is that Haley from Criminal Minds?
~So... did Jane intend for that to happen or is he just really lucky?
~"Don't ask me what they're doing 'cuz I don't know and I don't care."
~"Fine, get shot, see if I care." You know you do. Shut up. Although you're right and I have a feeling that he's going to be regretting this. I'm guessing that there will be shooting.
~"They look scary." "They are scary."
~Holy crap! She was wearing a vest, but shit.
~I'm taking a moment to be proud that Rigsby doesn't do the stupid boyfriend move of running into the line of fire just to check on his girlfriend.
~Ow. Grace sounds like that hurt. She got shot, like, three times.
~Woman, you just shot a cop. Even though she's not (badly) hurt, you are screwed.
~Combination of revenge for shooting Grace and protection of the other agent. I'm guessing that Rigsby feels a bit better now.
~"Don't ever do this to me again." "No problem."
~"You okay?" "...Yeah..."
~I'm loving that they don't play it off as "getting hit in the vest does no damage".
~I'm also loving that Grace is taking no crap about not wearing a vest. And he'll listen to her, because he loves her... and doesn't want to get shot. Win.
~Hee! Bosco actually did go with the plan. I think this may be a miracle.
~"You're a horrible nanny." Yeah, it's not usually a good to kidnap people instead of actually being a nanny.
~Oh look, Rigsby's wearing a vest. Although he'd be a complete moron to not be wearing one in this situation.
~"Useful perspective" That's actually a pretty big compliment. Woah. Bit of a turn around for Bosco.
~"You're a jerk. You know that?" Well, that's pretty much his shtick.

Oh look. It's Red John. Again. Progress pleez?

I loved the episode it was great.

Ouch with the kevler thing. I counted I think about three or four shots. I thought it was kind of cute how she smacked him on the arm and told him he needs to wear a vest.

"You're waving guns around, could everybody please stop waving them around." :lol:

"CBI agents shoot each other is not a headline I want to see." :lol: Okay I probably screwed the quote up, but it made me laugh when I heard it don't know why though. :p

Ahhh! Red John strikes again! :eek:

I'm pretty sure that's the quote. It made me laugh, because I can totally see that headline.

I knew that there would be something involving guns the second she started bugging him about it, but I didn't expect her to get shot until she was wandering around by herself at the end of the hallway. And even then, I didn't expect her to get hit so many times.

One thing I was confused about was how Lisbon mentioned that Rigsby and OtherAgent were bickering before Grace got shot... They were, but that had nothing to do with it. At the time that she got shot, they were doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing (knocking on doors).

I was reading a mini-recap, and this one paragraph amused me:

While the team is distracted, Rigsby sneaks into the ambulance to check on Van Pelt, and he tells her he loves her. Van Pelt thanks him sweetly, then smacks him for not wearing a vest. Her way of saying she loves him is apparently letting him know she doesn't want his ego getting him killed.

*g* It's very true.

Last edited:
I also have to say I loved the two different teams working together, and I really need to start getting better at remembering names. Did I mention I only got into this show this season? Also have to say I like the how Rigsby got upset over that "Burt and Ernie" nickname thing. :lol:

I only got into this show, like, two weeks ago, so I suppose you're better than me, 915. :lol:

I loved the distinctions between the two different teams. Cho, Van Pelt, and Rigsby were all seated at the farthest point of the table away from the other team, who I'd bet was sitting as far away from them as possible. And when the three were told that they had to work with Bosco's team, they looked so annoyed that it was hilarious.

~I'm guessing this is at least a few weeks after Grace got her ribs cracked.
~Grace's hair makes me smirk.
~Jane totally knows.
~Damn. I called that, too. Is it wrong to be glad that it was none of the main main characters?
~Why is it that none of the agents had a pulse yet Bosco gets the CPR? Seniority?
~Note that Rigsby's wearing a vest.
~Is Hicks the one that almost got shot last week?
~Aw, I liked Rigsby putting a hand on Van Pelt's shoulder.
~Jane is not. happy.
~Oh. Wow. Bossman freaked out at the "how do you feel" comment.
~I... don't think that's legal. Bad Jane!
~"...No..." Lying Liar Who Lies.
~The secretary? Really?
~Bad! Bad bad bad bad bad!
~I love how Bosco was so stunned that all he could do was stand there while the secretary was shooting them. Because it's probably pretty realistic.
~The girls get the takedown!
~"How long are they going to sit there?" "Shhhhhh." Hee.
~This actress is kind of rocking the "don't give a damn".
~You're making country music look bad, bitch.
~Ohhhh.... boy. That's going to put some more guilt on Jane.
~Saw that coming.
~"For the record, I'm very pissed off about this."
~"Kill the son of a bitch" That actually means a lot coming from Bosco.
~There are still seven minutes left. Oh, there we go.
~"Then you should've quit last week."
~"If he screws up too bad, shoot him." Hee.
~What, Rigsby doesn't get to toast?
~The singing made me laugh.
~And Jane just walks away. Case box!

Next week... absolutely nothing! I would've watched whether it was Thanksgiving or not. Lame.

That episode was really good and sad.
-Hee hee at Jane commenting on how Rigsby and Grace smelled yep he totally knows
-AHH! Psycho secretary! :eek:
-That poison thing was super creepy too!
-I was actually starting to warm up to Bosco and then they kill him! NO!! :scream:
-That is really freaky how Red John wanted Jane back on the case. YIKES! :eek:
-"If he screws up too bad shoot him." :lol:
-Aww I thought the singing was kinda of nice :)
-Good going with their boss commenting on the way the reporters ask questions, geez that is a really dumb question when you think about it most people would be upset if their friends/agents died seriously :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back