The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Saw The King's Speech Saturday night. I'm really torn as to what my favorite film of 2010 is now. First it was Inception. Then I kind of fell in love with The Social Network. And then I saw The King's Speech... now I'm like "WTF, which one do I like more?" :lol: I think they're all great films, and I'd be fine with any one of these three winning the Best Picture at the Academy Awards next month*.

*For the longest time I thought Social Network was the frontrunner, but King's Speech is definitely gaining some momentum.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Chain Letter - I watched this one because I thought it might be based on a book that I read as a pre-teen/teenager. Although the movie was heavy about how technology can be dangerous and the book wasn't, but I supposed it cuold have just been updated to fit the way things are today. Anyway, I didn't care for the movie at all! Predictability in who dies is a given due to the fact that whomever deletes the chain letters or doesn't forward them within 24hrs ends up dying. The ending sucked.
    They didn't catch the bad guy because he grabbed the lead detective at the end of the movie and the movie ended with the detective chained up and yelling "let me go".
    I would NOT recommend this movie to anyone.

3. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

The last movie I actually went and saw on the big screen was the last Narnia movie; the boys wanted to go so I took them and it wasn't bad. Before that, it was The A-Team. Wasn't like the TV show I used to watch and own 3 seasons of on DVD, but it was pretty entertaining. :lol: No, I don't get out much. Between cub scouts, boy scouts, basketball, work, and being a mom and wife, it's really a miracle that I actually get to sit down and watch NCIS and CSI!

4. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

The Social network its a pretty good movie to watch....nice to see how the website facebook was made to

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I rewatched Misery last night. Good stuff.

6. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Legally Blonde, Starts off with the sterotypical blondes and turns around to show blondes are just as smart as anyone else. Good movie, cheesy but cute.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The last movie I watched was called Stan Helsing. It's from the writers of Scary Movie and all of the other spoof movies that they have made, I thought it was way too cheesy for my tastes so I didn't even finish washing it.

8. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Dirty Dancing. A classic of course. Love the movie, the dancing scenes are the best and were well placed with the overall story line.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

"THE KINGS SPEECH" OMG:eek: Colin Firth so compelling, so good looking and so bloody British.:bolian: The story of King George the V1, and his struggle with his stammering. Also Geoffery Rush as his speech thearpist, was also fantastic. I can't think of another actor that could have played this role. I predict he's going to win an Oscar for his phenomenal role of this character in history. Great shots of England in the day that was. Go see this everybody!!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I saw Let Me In - I thought that the original was way better than the remake, the remake just seemed to drag along.

Also saw My Soul to Take - I really enjoyed this one, one of Wes' better films.

11. sasha007

sasha007 Victim

The last movie i saw was tangled and it s to be rated as an eight ,

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Catfish. Enjoyable documentary. I still can't decide the level of "truthiness" though.

13. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

i just seen the roommate ....love the movie :)

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Okay so I was bored :eek:

Turbo A Power Ranger's Movie ... I actually liked/still like the original Power Ranger's movie :lol: but this movie was just awful... I think the thing that bothered me the most was the fact that the blue ranger was a kid, but when he morphed he turned tall and adult sized, wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

The Ghost Breakers- Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard. this is a comedy movie about a woman who inherits a reportedly haunted mansion in Cuba and a reporter who gets into some trouble and winds up going with the woman to Cuba and pretending he can get rid of the ghosts. cute movie, i love Paulette Goddard and Bob Hope was really funny.

East Side, West Side- Barabara Stanwyck and Ava Gardner. definitely not one of the best movies ever made but i really liked the acting by Stanwyck and Gardner. Gardner was so perfect and the movie reflected some of her life at the time i had never seen Stanwyck in a movie and i really liked her.

i'm such an old fart with my movies the only current movie i saw was Tron: Legacy and that was a few weeks ago. i rarely see current movies anymore