The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
I'm from Germany, too! :) Got an English boyfriend though *lol* (he's based in Germany)
More reasons to visit Germany? No problem! We've got it all - beaches, mountain, forests, everything in an acceptable distance. Haha and don't forget about drinking alcohol at 18! And (at least still) no speed limitations on loads of parts of the autobahn! :D

In Holland we can drink alcohol at 16. :D Though I don't drink. We do have speed limitations, and no mountains. We do have forests, in fact the city I live in is the greenest city in Europe. :lol: We got beaches, loads of bikes.. :lol: And there are so many more reasons why you should visit Holland.. but I'm tired, I can't think of 'em. :lol: Oh, and erm.. we have Amsterdam. I think you know all the stuff you can do there.

I've never really gotten the "line" rule - because people with larger monitors have longer lines, and the posting box grows with it. *shrugs*

It was mostly put there (esp in SC) because there was pages of discussions that contained just few words, or something like

"LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Even the topic was something that you could have really discussed about and this is after all discussion board, not a chat ;)

I am bit behind, I was a week in Brussels (flew there via Holland :p ) and damn those French speaking people.

OOh! OOh! I wanna play!
Jacquie said:
Well I got to thinking, again, :guffaw:and please don't tell anyone I do think because they may expect it of me all the time
Shhh... I won't tell if you wont! :lol:

But hmm, 5 reasons to visit Malaysia:

1) The food - we have such a diverse array of food available (from all over the world) it's like...the world in one place!
2) To see the diversity in our (mostly) tri-racial population.
3) The Petronas Twin Towers - the tallest twin towers in the world.
4) The amazing islands you can go to off the east coast (Perhentian, Redang, Tioman...etc)
5) Did I mention the food?

There's much, much more -- but I can't think straight right now...and all I can think of is the food. :p

:lol: Well as our Motto goes, Malaysia Truly Asia!

TRUE, LAH! hey, you forgot to mention that Malaysia's also the birthplace Datuk Michelle Yeoh, now has an F1 racing circuit in Sepang, and wicked music fests ( i've never been there myself but i've read lotsa stuff goin' on there )

5 Reasons To Visit New Zealand:

1) One of the greenest places in the word (imho)
2) We've got some great food!!! Pavlova anyone? (and it really is not Australian. NZ came up with it first! :p )
3) The Maori art and culture. The art is especially great to look at. Google it :D
4) All over the world, New Zealand is considered to be one of the best Rugby nations!
5) Beer. :D Our beer has the highest % of actual alcohol in it. No wnder why it's easy to get drunk :p :p

Malaysian food.... mmmmmm :D My favourite dish is Char Kwa Teo (grrr I can't remeber how to type it. But that's how I prononce it) Plus... I'm half Asain/Malaysian :D . My dad taught me how to say 1, 2, 3, 4.. The monkey did a smelly fart. lol

Ok I dont think i've done this so....

Reasons to visit England (Or Staffordshire, which is where I live :p)

1) Fish 'n' Chips
2) The Royal family :D
3) The countryside
4) Alton Towers.....(when I was younger I thought everyone had a theme park 20 minutes away!)
5) British Pubs!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Argentina
Ghawazee

Austrailia
tiara4Carmine

Austria
Clairelangley

Belgium
_Hush_

Brazil
owlki

Bulgaria
Phobia

Canada
dl_shipper34
flacksgirl7
WhosLaughingNow
catey1234
Elwood21
CSI_in_training
DuCaineluver93
buddrick
Nick_Wolfe_Danny
Flackie_boo
CSINUMIA000
Snowbird
luvingmyHoratio
Lampdor
fxcanadian
Crank
Shevonne
JulieAnn
Jacquie (Ontario)
DragonflyDreamer

China
Jimhaung

Cyprus
athens

France
celtess
Joaninah

Finland
DaWacko

Germany
LivingEnd
StellaFan
CSI_NY_Addict
Lonia
Britta
BlueDemon
Jay1987
Teardrop
nel2h
Brinchen
MiaCharlize
seahawk
SandelDL

Greece
Dims
Hungary
Cathwarfan
Cimponelli

Indonesia
gue_nih
kitsun3gari

Ireland
Ceindreadh
Stardust1989
origin-nknown (But lives in Wales, UK ;))

Italy
Orison
Cecily
Vertigirl

Kuwait
miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona)

Lithuania
ametista

Malaysia
Kimmychu
DAnNSfreak
sHiNNizLe
Gaelen (Currently in Namibia, AKA Messermonroe)
tinieyhasbi
togo2hot

Netherlands
dutch_treat
Marns
Jodi
CSISenna
Jools
Carmine_lover
4blueeyez
Roosey

New Zealand
kiwifan
magicmunchies
Hannah
melbel
Kiwi_girl
NZGirly

Norway
CSI_Andersen
Kinehelene
CSI_DannyFan

Portugal
CSI_Dani

Romania
Lorelai
miss_blue
AngelTaylor
ericloca

Sebia
milena

Singapore
Lessien_Tinuviel
spikegal

Slovakia
Carolina

South Africa
Althea
Carmeena

Spain
Poison girl (PG)
lunadeagosto
Hormiga
Rtelgeuse
vas NYPD

Sweden
NinaM
SvartaBaskern
Distraction

Switzerland
CSIAnnStokes

Taiwan
EricaSJ

The Philippines
chaostheory08
mulder8scully5
peewee_sal
ranma
Cara1090
Mandy9578
kayfeb (based in Brunei)

UK
nattybatty55
Kat1974
silencer
Twinkletoes
jendai
Fruitbat (FB)
Bella363
gypsy
Joolz
Dawni
bumble_bee89
faith666
Macslady
Elsie
LeanneUK
Msgirl
Newyorklover
Gaby
grssom89
Danistheman
HC_4_my_birthday
Thegluups
AliGtr
CalleighD
Tequesta (Orkney Isles)
Shady
Aiden_Burn
Stella_Taylor
Aconnell
Seren y Gogledd
Alexis_taylor
hairy0haggis
HoratioFan4ever
Sammie
xxmaybe (moving to Canada soon)
ryansnuttytart
Aphina
Ali57
Adorable_Crazy
SomethinSomethin
Xkawx
Madsion Louise
rachaelm
MichelleK
CSItaylorgirl
Sherry
shazza 018
Poppet

USA
Ruth (Chile)
CSI Kat (Michigan)
Wolfesgamergirl (Wisconsin)
grumpy (Illinois)

Venezuela
CalleighWolfe

Total= 161

Last edited:
Five reasons to visit Romania:

1)The food is awesome! If you eat traditional food, you don't want to eat anything else
2)The country is beyond beautiful
3)We have the best alcoholic drink that is "palinca" a very strong but sweet one
4)Bucharest, the capital, is filled with places to visit
5)To visit the Bran castle

oh my !!! I am so happy to find someone else from Romania here !! And to complete the list with reasons to visit Romania , another important reason : People here are very warm and welcoming !!!

Yes, the people are very warm and very nice. They also speak English around here and really good (don't know why) but that is a reason to visit because you can get along with everyone. Can I dream of a forum party in Romania? :lol:

ETA: ericloca check your PM :D

Last edited:
But still English is very hard to learn since its got its quirks and nuances. Its grammatical rules are out of this world. :lol:

actually out of all the languages I learned I think English is the easiest - to a certain level at least. and I started with it properly when I was 10 but I have not been to an English speaking until I was 25

Spanish is quite easy for me in a way because I love it to pieces. Spanish lesson is sometimes better then a walk or therapy

to be honest the ones I had most problems learning where Slavic languages - you have a feeling it is familiar and the more you learn the more you find out it isnt

definitely coming back with 5 reasons to visit Slovakia ;)

I've been speaking English since I was 7, and I don't think it's hard to learn. French...well..that's a whole different story :D I also do good with Italian and Spanish, a bit of Russian, just in case I visit Moscow I won't get lost :D

ETA: Happy Easter for everyone who celebrates it on the 27th (tomorrow)! I hope you enjoy the holiday with the ones you love!

Last edited:
5 reasons to visit Poland (what I'm sayin', visit Poland! Don't even try it:devil:)

1) Food (like almost everywhere:p) - meat is one of the best in Europe, and some strange cuisines like bigos, nalesniki, pierogi... yeah, it's good to taste it;)
2) I'm not sure that we really are so nice and warm people but if someone's from other country - yeah, I think we can be like that:lol:
3) we have here mountains, beaches and even desert (small, but always someting;))
4) I must say it - we have beautiful cities, especially Cracov (Krakow), Wroclaw and of curse mine - Szczecin (special prize for someone who will tell it without a mistake;)).
5) I really don't know the 5th reason:lol: maybe the best vodka:guffaw:(that's very Polish, we love to talk 'bout alcohol)

Anyway here's some Polish chick here;) Is there anyone from Poland???

^Krhhmm, we have Finlandia Vodka, the #2 expensive vodka in the world (ah yes, it was sold to americans tho :sad: )

I once talked with Polish girl and she said Wroclaw is better city to visit than Krakow.

5 reasons to visit Finland

1) nature (yes, don't go to Helsinki area)

2) nature... seriously, north for example

3) summer, (doh, nature) esp in north where sun doesn't set and it isn't too hot (mosquitos tho)

4) People, who actually talk more than their own language :p

5) art, and jewels like Kalevala jewelry (http://www.kalevalakoru.fi/yritys)

My English friend was mostly amazed with trees, how much have have those :p

I've been speaking English since I was 7, and I don't think it's hard to learn.
I think it depends on when you started to learn the language, and what languages you already know. E.g. if you're young, it's alot easier to learn a language then say, when you're 40. Don't know why though. And I personally think that if you already know a similar language, it also helps in learning. :)

Malay and English are pretty similar so I didn't really have a problem learning it. I grew up bilingual, I "learned" to speak english at the same time I learned how to talk :lol: Dunno how that works though. :p

Back