The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
^Now watching CSI:NY without hearing Carmine's voice is just a criminal offence :lol: Luckily, they don't dub over here, they just have the stupidest subtitles out there. But, I don't care about those as long as I can understand English. I remember watching NY and Danny made a comment on something, that wasn't really clear, but I understood it. They just let that one slip without any translation at all. It makes you wonder what kind of people are working in TV stations at these subtitles and dubs.

Oh, dubbing......... :lol: It's something I could talk about for ages! Well, because they dub everything here, I'm used to it. But when I started watching the original epis, I was like 'what are they doing?' I have to say, I'm sure dubbing isn't easy, and they're really doing a good job. But some translations are just so totally wrong! My favourite example is the whole Montana thing. I really wonder what's the problem with Danny calling Lindsay Montana. :confused: I still don't get why they have to find other words for that.

You know what was funny? I had a light anaesthetic yesterday, and after I woke up, I sent my Mom a text message. And the first bit was in English...... I think, I'm just writing too much English. :lol: But I really love this language, it's so much easier than German.

I am still having some grrrs about visiting Brussels and those goddamn people speaking only French
I'm having the same grrrs whenever I go to our capital. I have the advantage of speaking French, but it would've been nice if those people knew at least 2 of the 3 national languages.

Plus, if you visit Belgium, you should go see Ghent or Antwerp. They're much more beautiful then Brussels.

We changed train in Antwerpen :)
You forgot to mention waffles :eek: those were so goddamn good!

Dutch saved a lot, because many of us speak German (or know some) and it's like mixed German and Danish (or Swedish). Oh I still can't forget what one girl from our group told, when they were in bar. Some guy was mad that they didn't speak French and she was like "uh yes, I only speak Finnish, Swedish, English, German and Japanese - no room for French" :lol:

I actually think that German dubbing is really good. you havent heard some of the stupidities they let air in Slovak or Czech versions.
I think the dubbing isn't that bad, but it's still hilarious. I find the weirdest ever would be the dubbing of Anime into any language. Personally, I much prefer the original voices and read the subtitles. Dunno, it just heightens the experience (and I sound like I'm talking about some oh so important :lol: ).

But I really love this language, it's so much easier than German.
I never really had to consciously learn English, but I've tried German and it is pretty hard. Well to me at least because I'm not really a language-loving person. :p Although the english language may not be so hard, I think to speak and write fluently is very hard with the small things that never makes sense. :lol: But then, that's the same with every language. Except...maybe mandarin. That's pretty straight forward.

If I may ask Deirdre, where are you from? :)

I went for a little trip to attend a diplomatic function last week and I was bumming in the hotel room for a while when I stumbled upon a few German channels (Sat 1 and RTL). It was hilarious because what else could've come on but CSI! And I am sorry but I cannot take Grissom seriously with the dub voice he has :lol: I think I laughed more than anything - no idea why. :p

Dubbing sucks!

From Poland and my home city (Szczecin) is very close to German border.

I must ask about dub in Czech. Is it the same like in Poland? You can hear "behind" dub original voices?

No dubbing in the Netherlands. I'm so glad we have the original voices.. :D The subtitles are actually quite good, rarely have any mistakes in them. :)

And like in Scandinavia. I watched NY in Norway. I love been in there and watch all movies without dub:)

And here as well, subtitles! Sometimes funny but so much better than dubbing!
One that made me really mad was dubbing Simpsons movie, even tho they were showing original as well... even they've never dubbed it on tv.

That's the best part of living in England- it's already in my first language :D

But I have heard some dubbed voices on Yt and I have to admit that some just sound stupid :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argentina
Ghawazee

Austrailia
tiara4Carmine

Austria
Clairelangley

Belgium
_Hush_

Brazil
owlki

Bulgaria
Phobia

Canada
dl_shipper34
flacksgirl7
WhosLaughingNow
catey1234
Elwood21
CSI_in_training
DuCaineluver93
buddrick
Nick_Wolfe_Danny
Flackie_boo
CSINUMIA000
Snowbird
luvingmyHoratio
Lampdor
fxcanadian
Crank
Shevonne
JulieAnn
Jacquie (Ontario)
DragonflyDreamer

China
Jimhaung

Cyprus
athens

France
celtess
Joaninah

Finland
DaWacko

Germany
LivingEnd
StellaFan
CSI_NY_Addict
Lonia
Britta
BlueDemon
Jay1987
Teardrop
nel2h
Brinchen
MiaCharlize
seahawk
SandelDL

Greece
Dims
Hungary
Cathwarfan
Cimponelli

Indonesia
gue_nih
kitsun3gari

Ireland
Ceindreadh
Stardust1989
origin-nknown (But lives in Wales, UK ;))

Italy
Orison
Cecily
Vertigirl

Kuwait
miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona)

Lithuania
ametista

Malaysia
Kimmychu
DAnNSfreak
sHiNNizLe
Gaelen (Currently in Namibia, AKA Messermonroe)
tinieyhasbi
togo2hot

Netherlands
dutch_treat
Marns
Jodi
CSISenna
Carmine_lover
4blueeyez
Roosey
Rocky11

New Zealand
kiwifan
magicmunchies
Hannah
melbel
Kiwi_girl
NZGirly

Norway
CSI_Andersen
Kinehelene
CSI_DannyFan

Poland
Deirdre

Portugal
CSI_Dani

Romania
Lorelai
miss_blue
AngelTaylor
ericloca

Sebia
milena

Singapore
Lessien_Tinuviel
spikegal

Slovakia
Carolina

South Africa
Althea
Carmeena

Spain
Poison girl (PG)
lunadeagosto
Hormiga
Rtelgeuse
vas NYPD

Sweden
NinaM
SvartaBaskern
Distraction

Switzerland
CSIAnnStokes

Taiwan
EricaSJ

The Philippines
chaostheory08
mulder8scully5
peewee_sal
ranma
Cara1090
Mandy9578
kayfeb (based in Brunei)

UK
nattybatty55
Kat1974
silencer
Twinkletoes
jendai
Fruitbat (FB)
Bella363
gypsy
Joolz
Dawni
bumble_bee89
faith666
Macslady
Elsie
LeanneUK
Msgirl
Newyorklover
Gaby
grssom89
Danistheman
HC_4_my_birthday
Thegluups
AliGtr
CalleighD
Tequesta (Orkney Isles)
Shady
Aiden_Burn
Stella_Taylor
Aconnell
Seren y Gogledd
Alexis_taylor
hairy0haggis
HoratioFan4ever
Sammie
xxmaybe (moving to Canada soon)
ryansnuttytart
Aphina
Ali57
Adorable_Crazy
SomethinSomethin
Xkawx
Madsion Louise
rachaelm
MichelleK
CSItaylorgirl
Sherry
shazza 018
Poppet

USA
Ruth (Chile)
CSI Kat (Michigan)
Wolfesgamergirl (Wisconsin)
grumpy (Illinois)

Venezuela
CalleighWolfe

Total= 162

That's the best part of living in England- it's already in my first language :D

But I have heard some dubbed voices on Yt and I have to admit that some just sound stupid :lol:

Whoa Natty, you've been playing YT Tennis again.:eek: *Who's winning BTW?* :lol: Thank God you're French is getting better. :p We don't have dubbing in The Netherlands. We only have these stupid overdue commercial breaks that take up way to much of our precious time :devil:

You know what I find interesting here in the international thread is that there are hardly any Americans taking part or even voting. Now do they not think of themselves as part of the international community.

In Canada here we don't get the shows or movies duped as English is our first language. In Quebec if you watch a show on a French channel you may get subtitles or duping. I did watch a movie with Robert Carlyle once that had English subtitles. The movie was called Riff-Raff and because of the heavy Glasgow accents they put in English subtitles :) I found it difficult to follow as I'm not a fast reader and I also like to follow the action on the screen.

In New Zealand its all in english. i don't think there are words in Maori for most of the things said in csi (the science stuff) So thank goodness for that lol.

p.s. Jacquie I love Robert Carlyle! Hes sooo cool in Hamish Macbeth

And here as well, subtitles! Sometimes funny but so much better than dubbing!
One that made me really mad was dubbing Simpsons movie, even tho they were showing original as well... even they've never dubbed it on tv.

Much better than dub. I just can't imagine all these loooooooong words...;) And accent (which I love, but Gris or Mac with Finnish accent is for me too much. My imagination is not so big;))

I enjoy watching english movies with hilariously painful english subtitles. They're just...I don't even know how to describe it. It's better than actually watching the move! :guffaw:

In New Zealand its all in english. i don't think there are words in Maori for most of the things said in csi (the science stuff) So thank goodness for that lol.
I like to randomly sing to old maori songs that I learned in primary school! :lol: magicmunchies, which part are you from again? I miss Wellington... :eek:

I remember watching The Ring the original with subtitles it was a mission. I found it really hard to focus on the film and read...Tho that was at the time i think before i had my glasses so i probably couldn't read them properly.

So happy english is my first language even if i'm bad at it.

I've got 2 films in swedish to watch my godmother who lives in Stockholm sent them to us for xmas.

Back